The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-04-2024, 11:23 AM   #1
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Magic: the Gathering—what color is each character?

OK so I was wondering this the other day, what color do you think each Hamato brother is? What about Master Splinter? Old Hob?

If you're not familiar with MTG and its color pie philosophy, you can read about it here.

I came up with my own ideas as far as what three colors would be but before I post my own I'm interested in seeing other people's thoughts. In MTG legendary creatures often have one card with three colors, one with two, and one with just one, so I was thinking of trying to do the same for each TMNT and some of their supporting characters as well.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 02:04 PM   #2
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Me thinks too much ganja, brotha man. They green.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 06:56 PM   #3
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Leonardo - White, for its goodness, Honor and ordered society
Michelangelo - Green, its very much a color that is good for teamwork (tokens and the like) and STOMPY BIG Things...Mikey loves friends
Donatello - Blue, Blue is the color for smart peoples
Raphael - Red, almost all the barbarians and berserkers are red

For the final base color, black - The Shredder

Unless you want to talk about multi color combos...
Bahamut810 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 06:57 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Thought this was gonna be about another IDW Turtles crossover comic!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 03:02 PM   #5
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
Leonardo - White, for its goodness, Honor and ordered society
Michelangelo - Green, its very much a color that is good for teamwork (tokens and the like) and STOMPY BIG Things...Mikey loves friends
Donatello - Blue, Blue is the color for smart peoples
Raphael - Red, almost all the barbarians and berserkers are red

For the final base color, black - The Shredder

Unless you want to talk about multi color combos...
Now see this is what I'm talking about, you had a lot of the same initial thoughts I did.

I figured White/Green for Leo, Red/White for Raph, Blue/Green for Donnie, and Red/Green for Mikey. Leo and Mikey would get a Blue Ninjutsu cost while Raph and Donnie would get black.

Master Splinter would make sense as White/Black/Green in his later years or White/Black/Red in his younger ones. The Shredder is definitely Blue/Black/Red, classic Grixis. Old Hob would probably be Black/Red/Green. Stockman probably White/Blue/Black. Mindless Slash would be Black/Green; Heroic Slash White/Green.

I started playing Magic a few years ago now and I was looking over all the cards in the LOTR set that came out a year or so ago and thinking what a TMNT set could look like. If I was gonna do one, I'd base it on IDW since it's still my favorite iteration of the franchise (current comic storylines notwithstanding) and it would provide literally so many options for cards.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 03:31 PM   #6
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Now see this is what I'm talking about, you had a lot of the same initial thoughts I did.

I figured White/Green for Leo, Red/White for Raph, Blue/Green for Donnie, and Red/Green for Mikey. Leo and Mikey would get a Blue Ninjutsu cost while Raph and Donnie would get black.

Master Splinter would make sense as White/Black/Green in his later years or White/Black/Red in his younger ones. The Shredder is definitely Blue/Black/Red, classic Grixis. Old Hob would probably be Black/Red/Green. Stockman probably White/Blue/Black. Mindless Slash would be Black/Green; Heroic Slash White/Green.

I started playing Magic a few years ago now and I was looking over all the cards in the LOTR set that came out a year or so ago and thinking what a TMNT set could look like. If I was gonna do one, I'd base it on IDW since it's still my favorite iteration of the franchise (current comic storylines notwithstanding) and it would provide literally so many options for cards.
You may get your wish at some point. They are promising at least 2 multiverse (I cant remember what they call it) a year. The game is ancient (I have been on and off playing for 15~20 years) so they are running on fumes for original content.
Bahamut810 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 11:37 PM   #7
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Given the state of the comics industry...

Leo - Black
Raph - Black
Donny - Black
Mikey - Black
All the side characters - Black
Shredder - White
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magic the gathering