The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-11-2023, 04:25 PM   #261
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I would prefer they add Princess Daisy in the second movie.
What about Captain Syrup?
Spoiler:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 06:26 PM   #262
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What about Captain Syrup?
Has Mario ever met her?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 06:51 PM   #263
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It would be neat to see Mario end up with Peach and Luigi end up with Daisy. But after seeing the first movie, there is probably no road to that on film without significant (and constant) emasculation of Mario and Luigi with Daisy and Peach being shown as much more capable than them and being better fighters.

On a not so dour level it would be fun to see how they would handle Wario and Waluigi in a new movie. Though in the first movie they seemed to have trouble finding enough time for the characters they had, let alone with adding more. Another 20 minutes or so of character stuff would have helped.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 07:10 PM   #264
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It would be neat to see Mario end up with Peach and Luigi end up with Daisy. But after seeing the first movie, there is probably no road to that on film without significant (and constant) emasculation of Mario and Luigi with Daisy and Peach being shown as much more capable than them and being better fighters.

On a not so dour level it would be fun to see how they would handle Wario and Waluigi in a new movie. Though in the first movie they seemed to have trouble finding enough time for the characters they had, let alone with adding more. Another 20 minutes or so of character stuff would have helped.
The advantage of a sequel is that you get to add or elaborate upon existing characters rather than building them up, so most of focus can still go to Wario and whoever else.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 07:33 PM   #265
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

It received three Golden Globe nominations!

Quote:
* BEST MOTION PICTURE – ANIMATED
THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE (Universal Pictures)

*CINEMATIC AND BOX OFFICE ACHIEVEMENT

*BEST ORIGINAL SONG – MOTION PICTURE
https://deadline.com/2023/12/golden-...24-1235660995/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:29 PM   #266
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Has Mario ever met her?
Not in any games but in a manga.
Spoiler:

And yes, that is official.

Edit: Also, Mario is in her debut game and his role there was to take back something she had stolen, so I guess he's canonically aware of who she is at least?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:50 PM   #267
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since Yoshi will debut in the next movie as an actual character, I wouldn't be surprised if its a loose adaption of Mario 3 and World, with the Koopalings all showing up. Seems to be the next logical step. And as I said, it'd be nice if Pauline also gets a role in this or a theoretical DK spinoff movie (which is rumored and probably going to happen)

Then a third movie will probably be about Rosalina and Mario Galaxy.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote