The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2021, 02:09 PM   #21
Kyo Hisagi
Random Punk
 
Kyo Hisagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Russia
Posts: 38
As teaser hyping up Armageddon Game it was okay. As stand alone issue... it was awful. Everything could have been summed up in 4 pages instead of 26 (2 pages being Rat King meeting his family and having a monologue, 2 being a big reveal. If you feel extra generous, make it 6). To me it feels less like Annual for 6 $ and more like FCBD issue with retelling all the stuff I already know.

Don't get me wrong, writing is good, art is great, but... "water is wet". We didn't need to spend so much space to tell this information. But that's just my opinion, I am mere reader.
Kyo Hisagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:33 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 38,086
I think it was needed because we've been in mutant town for 20 issues, and in real-life terms its been around 2 years since we've seen the Pantheon in any capacity. I do agree most of it felt like a recap issue, but the art was great and I liked seeing these characters again. But yeah it did feel like a long advertisement for the next arc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:47 PM   #23
Kyo Hisagi
Random Punk
 
Kyo Hisagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Russia
Posts: 38
I do agree, I missed these characters and this writing too. It felt more like "good old" TMNT I loved so much, but I would like to get, I don't know, more substance. More things to talk and speculate about outside that one spread.
Kyo Hisagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:28 PM   #24
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 7,662
What is going to happen to Krang if he remains attached to Leatherhead for too long? He sure seems eager to get rid of him and you could just interpret that as the problems we've already seen leading him to want that, but could Leatherhead possibly take control or something if he isn't removed in time?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:31 PM   #25
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,114
well, read it and looks like i'm the only one wrong. don't that beat all.
__________________
Congratulations Alopex for winning the second time in a row! Sally you did great to make it 2nd and Mona and Lucia for tying for 3rd.
And my thanks to the 7 that voted.




"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:21 PM   #26
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 7,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
well, read it and looks like i'm the only one wrong. don't that beat all.
Wrong about what?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:23 PM   #27
hypered1
Stone Warrior
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Wrong about what?
They guessed that Old Hob was who Rat King was talking to but it wasn't him.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:50 PM   #28
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,574
Glad we got some character for Jaguar. I was afraid that she was just a fill in for Chi-you
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:56 PM   #29
ChosenOne
Foot Elite
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Glad we got some character for Jaguar. I was afraid that she was just a fill in for Chi-you
That scene with her entourage was the perfect opportunity to fit in a Kid Terra (from Archie TMNT) cameo. Alas.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:58 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 38,086
Jaguar never got a solo story like all the others, I'm glad she got a little here. She really should have gotten something at some point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: [Invader Zim theme in the distance]
Posts: 5,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What is going to happen to Krang if he remains attached to Leatherhead for too long? He sure seems eager to get rid of him and you could just interpret that as the problems we've already seen leading him to want that, but could Leatherhead possibly take control or something if he isn't removed in time?
My guess is that it's just kinda inconvenient in so many different ways - and most definitely uncomfortable.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:11 PM   #32
hypered1
Stone Warrior
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
My guess is that it's just kinda inconvenient in so many different ways - and most definitely uncomfortable.
It's possible that the Utroms evolved from using biological hosts to the relatively more comfortable mechanical golems we are used to seeing them pilot and are no longer capable of utilising biological hosts as they did in the past. A bit like a modern person trying to live in the distant past, difficult but not entirely impossible.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:00 PM   #33
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,574
So conspiracy time.

Without a doubt I think this story will be the end of Rat King one way or another.

But what about the others.
Spoiler:
this storyline could easily conclude not only Rat King but the other three as well. This could be the end of Krang, Baxter and Null in one fell swoop.


With all of that all the loose ends of the comics could be finished in one go. Do you think this could be the end of IDW’s TMNT?
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:10 PM   #34
hypered1
Stone Warrior
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
So conspiracy time.

Without a doubt I think this story will be the end of Rat King one way or another.

But what about the others.
Spoiler:
this storyline could easily conclude not only Rat King but the other three as well. This could be the end of Krang, Baxter and Null in one fell swoop.


With all of that all the loose ends of the comics could be finished in one go. Do you think this could be the end of IDW’s TMNT?
We still need to see what happens with Hob this current arc and there's also Ch'rell lurking on Burnow Island and Ravenwood is out there somewhere too, plus we've been teased that Leo is going to be possibly training new versions of the Bob and Carmen characters. So there's still a few plots still on the plate.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:19 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 38,086
Hob is likely going to be ambiguous ally like usual. Karai has pretty much become an ally, and we'll see where Kitsune/Shredder go.

I do agree this arc feels like it could potentially be the climax of the entire series, setting up all the villains to potentially be killed off or done away with in one swell swoop. I suppose IDW is setting it up just in the comic does end sooner rather than later, that way there won't be any major dangling plotlines.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:38 PM   #36
hypered1
Stone Warrior
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 542
I will admit that I now wish that IDW had 'rebooted' at #101 as 'Volume 2'.
One benefit of written media, particularly comics, is being able to define overall narratives into smaller portions, that way you take and leave whichever parts most appeal to the individual reader.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:20 PM   #37
Kyo Hisagi
Random Punk
 
Kyo Hisagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Russia
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
So conspiracy time.

Without a doubt I think this story will be the end of Rat King one way or another.

But what about the others.
Spoiler:
this storyline could easily conclude not only Rat King but the other three as well. This could be the end of Krang, Baxter and Null in one fell swoop.


With all of that all the loose ends of the comics could be finished in one go. Do you think this could be the end of IDW’s TMNT?
I highly doubt that, if they "finish all the storylines in one go" it will be extra lame. Hyping up Krang's return and especially Null FOR YEARS to just brush it off in one story, no matter how good it is? No thank you, I would like proper resolution for their arcs, not just them being players in Rat King's twisted game.
Kyo Hisagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:38 AM   #38
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,110
For some reason, it feels like the last annual just came out not too long ago, but no, it was a year ago today, in fact.

Time perception is weird.
__________________
LOOKING FOR Japanese TMNT video game manuals (specifically TMNT2/3 NES, all on Game Boy, TMNT4/RoS), or just scans

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:54 AM   #39
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo Hisagi View Post
As teaser hyping up Armageddon Game it was okay. As stand alone issue... it was awful. Everything could have been summed up in 4 pages instead of 26 (2 pages being Rat King meeting his family and having a monologue, 2 being a big reveal. If you feel extra generous, make it 6). To me it feels less like Annual for 6 $ and more like FCBD issue with retelling all the stuff I already know.

Don't get me wrong, writing is good, art is great, but... "water is wet". We didn't need to spend so much space to tell this information. But that's just my opinion, I am mere reader.
I don’t necessarily disagree with this assessment. I loved the issue but i can see where you’re coming from. That being said, I got more enjoyment out of those four pages of the annual than I have gotten in the last 20 issues of the ongoing…kind of sad when you think about it
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:01 AM   #40
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 10,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I don’t necessarily disagree with this assessment. I loved the issue but i can see where you’re coming from. That being said, I got more enjoyment out of those four pages of the annual than I have gotten in the last 20 issues of the ongoing…kind of sad when you think about it
I am in full agreement here. The last thing I thoroughly enjoyed was the 2020 annual. It too excluded the titular quartet however unfortunately. This did move the stagnated plot forward finally however I wonder when it will be picked up again as it does not look like it beyond this in solicits or where the ongoing could allow for this.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.