The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
EZweasel
Stone Warrior

Have you grown tired

I am just curious if anyone has grown tired of ninja turtles as a whole but sticks around here just for the fun of talking and interacting with each other.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I have somewhat. I still love the TMNT, but I've lost interest in the new show quite a bit.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

Im only a fan of old school TMNT and I still like it just not as much as 12 years ago.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:33 PM   #4
Kazari
Foot Elite

I don't grow tired..I just keep switching from TMNT to SK back to TMNT. I miss SK. I know if SK was ever brought back, I don't think TMNT would stand a chance to me LOL
Old 01-12-2005, 07:33 PM   #5
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

*Looks around warily*

Um... kinda. I used to be up way early to see even repeats. Now I'm glad for the time to snooze longer! I missed a episode, new, and thought, 'eh. I'll catch it eventually'. Haven't bought any toys or anything for... well, a loooong time. And I really don't know what to do with the stuff that I do have. It's going to waste. Then I think of all that money I spent, and what else I could have spent it on... *sigh* It's no longer 'life or death' if I miss an episode. I'm *gasp* growing up.

I mean, don't anyone get ticked at me, but, it's only a cartoon. And I have realized that. My real life has too much stuff going for it that I need to focus on. This cartoon will be around forever, thanks to the DVDs and such. You can always go back and reminisce on it. You can't go back and re-do life. Can't get back those moments... those moments that I cherish.

Yeah, I dunno. Real life is... well, way more important.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:34 PM   #6
Raven
follower of Jesus

ive gotten to the point were I hate the new show, its just getting really stupid, the storys are just terrible!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
Kazari
Foot Elite

LOL That may change, Major Pain! I am writing my own script to hopefully get it in there LOL
Old 01-12-2005, 08:17 PM   #8
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

I still feel pretty strong about TMNT after about 14 years or so of being a fan. I went through a faze through all of middle school and early high school that I didnt even think about tmnt ever. But junior/senior I got back in, right when the last of the old school toys (mutant masters, mutaforce, etc.) were still on pegs. That was when I discovered ebay...and well that just changed everything. I went through all of college collecting, reading, watching the cartoon...and now I'm married and my wife has grown to enjoy them as well (thank god!)..we watch the show on the weekends together and pick up toys whenver we can...we are buying a house soon with the full intention of making an upstairs room, a turtle room, full of all my turtlebilia...fortunately, financially and otherwise, seriously collecting and enjoying tmnt is a very real part of my life...so , NO, I have not grown tired of tmnt...
Old 01-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #9
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnterminator
I still feel pretty strong about TMNT after about 14 years or so of being a fan. I went through a faze through all of middle school and early high school that I didnt even think about tmnt ever. But junior/senior I got back in,
Thats like exactly how I felt.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:59 PM   #10
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

A little. After the old show ended I kind of forgot about for years until the new show started up. Then the new show started up and saw it for nostalgia (but didn't think too highly of it) until the end when I got into it. The second and third seasons are awesome! But I'm wondering if my interest is going to ebb.

Anyways nothing will take it's place away from my 1st show. Which is Gargoyles.
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:19 PM   #11
Foxy Boy
Thug

I really got into the new show (No humour, no nostalgia, IMO, no quality), but I like the old show more and more every day. ^_^
Old 01-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #12
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Hmm.. I have never felt "life or death" if i miss an episode. But I still consider myself a pretty big fan. I too have alot going on in my life (especially at the moment), but it's nice to see a new tmnt ep to get away from my troubles for a half hour. Back in the days of the old school cartoon, I was taping every episode, and even kept track of which episodes aired on what day. Now I just catch it when I can and I only tape them to watch them. Also, back in the old days I used to keep every tmnt item I could, even junk like cereal boxes and pie wrappers. Now I just watch the show and buy the comics. Haven't gotten any of the merchandise. I'm still a big fan, just a different kind of one, I guess.

Last edited by MrPliggins; 01-12-2005 at 09:27 PM.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #13
LionO
Foot Soldier

I loved TMNT as a kid and I had a lot of the figures. They were my biggest toy collection when I was a kid. I had the T-shirts, the watch, the sun glasses and dam it, even the cerial! In my teen years I could care less about toys as I forgot how good I had it as a kid. In College Nostlgia hit me and since then I've been very nostalgic and jumped right back into being a kid agin I still wake up early Saturdays to watch my Saturday morning line up and I don't care if they are repeats I still watch them because I can't get enough of them.

"You are what you experience.You experience what you express.You express what you have to express.You have what you grant yourself."
LionO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #14
Kazari
Foot Elite

You sound like me *laughs* I am not as bad with TMNT like I was with SK LOL
Old 01-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #15
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Have I grown tired of the Ninja Turtles? Nope. I like it all. Old toon, new toon, Mirage books, Archie books, and even the Image books. I haven't seen much of TNM but if I did, I'd probably be entertained by that, too. I love them terrapins, but I'm not a fanatic or purist. They were a big part of my childhood, and I am still very fond of the franchise.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #16
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I'm an old toon junkie. I know I don't talk about it much(due to my controversial views on certain Leonardo related matters), but I'm still a huge fan.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #17
Kazari
Foot Elite

LOL Old Toon Leo got on my nerves! But I digress! I am not as bad as I was with SK though. I mean I have missed TMNT reruns due to work and such. But SK I never missed reruns lol
Old 01-12-2005, 11:53 PM   #18
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

I'm pretty much where Jo is. I missed a couple episodes because of work, and just kinda lost intrest in keeping up with it. I'd buy the toys still, but I think the lines become utter crap. If they'd make figures, and stop putting stupid action features in toys, i'd pry pick up more of them.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:39 AM   #19
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

OMFG I'm posting outside the GD area!!!

I lost intrest in the toys because simply put, they suck. BUt I still watch the series hardcore. Honestly, the stuff on prime time TV stuff is pretty much sh*t to me, and mostly I through with American TV anyways. The only reason I'll get up is if the cable box says "New Episode". Then I wake up happily. The Fox Box is hell, but it's worth it for TMNT. Then I post opinions here, and go back to bed.

I don't believe people have to outgrow anything. Honestly, it's the adults who don't that are usually the most fun to be around in general. The new series is still great, and looks to get better as the season goes on, but the toys are pure crap. I used to be paranoid if I missed an episode, but now that I know they'll eventually all be released on DVD, it's not such a big deal. Maybe dissappointed, but I'll see it a couple months later. My TMNT fandom may go into hibernation when the new series eventually ends, but they'll always be in my heart. And if a new movie comes out, I'll be there opening day. Parents and kids can give me looks and glares all they want. Damn them. I love animation (any country as long as it's good), and I don't see it as a kid's medium as the general US populace does. Just another way of telling interesting stories that aren't feasable in live action.

The only thing I've never moved on from in my life is gaming. Probobly never will. If there was no new TMNT, I'd probobly have moved on from it by now, but then I'd never have found this place. THank heavens for the new series.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:48 AM   #20
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I really liked the beginning of the new show's season 1. There were still a couple of good episodes after that but most of them were rather boring. I'm here 99% because of the people.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote