The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-28-2021, 04:56 PM   #421
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lucasfilms-ilm-hires-youtuber-improved-235733869.html
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 05:30 PM   #422
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Christopher Lloyd will guest star in Season 3

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...yd-1235112715/
Old 05-26-2022, 01:08 PM   #423
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 09-10-2022, 12:21 PM   #424
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 01-16-2023, 08:02 PM   #425
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 01-17-2023, 03:25 PM   #426
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is this the final season? I find it hard to see much story potential passed a season 3.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 03:32 PM   #427
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is this the final season? I find it hard to see much story potential passed a season 3.
Not the final season. They're going to keep milking this as long as possible.

There may start to be a bigger story unfolding between this and Ahsoka. Grand Admiral Thrawn, Moff Gideon, whatever the Empire's intentions for Baby Yoda... these things are all connected.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 11:58 AM   #428
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Good first episode. Babu Frik's ( The little creature from Rise of Skywalker) race of droid fixers are in the first episode.

They make a quick nod to Cara Dune writing her off. Greef Karga says she was hired by special forces when Mando brings up making her Sheriff.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:32 PM   #429
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Decent first episode. Nothing really special, though. And I don't remember Babu Frik's in Rise of Skywalker but I don't remember much about that movie anymore.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:45 PM   #430
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Decent first episode. Nothing really special, though. And I don't remember Babu Frik's in Rise of Skywalker but I don't remember much about that movie anymore.
most people forgot that ****** movie. Babu was the one who made 3po go into red eye mode when his programming was overuled
Old 03-02-2023, 05:36 AM   #431
CyberCubed
Overlord

Apparently this show is planned to go on at least another 3 seasons. I don't know, it seems like the initial appeal for the show has already worn off. They can have these characters appear in the other Star Wars shows but I don't know how much longer they can keep Mando and baby Yoda by themselves.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:37 AM   #432
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think the GENERAL premise has gotten a little tired. Like, it's been years now. Is Grogu going to talk, or evolve, or what are we doing there? Just hanging out with Mando doing cute stuff -- that I'm real tired of. And I'm not sure a season-long mission to undo one "mistake" in 30 seconds of a last season episode may be the best route to go.
Old 03-02-2023, 05:43 PM   #433
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I think the GENERAL premise has gotten a little tired. Like, it's been years now. Is Grogu going to talk, or evolve, or what are we doing there? Just hanging out with Mando doing cute stuff -- that I'm real tired of. And I'm not sure a season-long mission to undo one "mistake" in 30 seconds of a last season episode may be the best route to go.
Problem is that it hasn't even remotely been that long for the characters. The decision to do BOBF really threw things off to an extent. It also doesn't help that modern T.V. is really nothing more than mini-series.

When I was a kid a T.V. show had 30 or more episodes and a mini-series like Stephen King's The Stand were 8 episode mini-series special events. Now a regular T.V. show barely exists, so there is now time to flesh out a story. It's more like whatever they could've gotten into a movie broken down into 8 parts.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:47 PM   #434
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

All caught up. I'm not so sure about this season, honestly.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:20 PM   #435
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really don't understand why the writers are so obsessed with Mandalorion culture. It also doesn't really make sense as a whole. They dialed back on baby Yoda being the main focus of the show, due to it not being new and fresh anymore.
Old 04-06-2023, 09:30 PM   #436
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Latest episode was a bit garbage. But it was nice seeing Christopher Lloyd. Jack Black was oh-kay but Lizzo can't act.
Old 04-12-2023, 09:46 PM   #437
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Episode 7 was cool! Captain Pellaeon from the books and big stuff. How good that things are finally moving... one episode before the end of the season.
Old 04-13-2023, 09:08 AM   #438
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
but Lizzo can't act.

It was awful - it was as bad as Busta Rhymes doing kung-fu in Halloween and overacting like this was his long-awaited hero moment on film, yet not intended as parody.
Old 04-19-2023, 01:54 AM   #439
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
It was awful - it was as bad as Busta Rhymes doing kung-fu in Halloween and overacting like this was his long-awaited hero moment on film, yet not intended as parody.
You won't like this. But that was my favorite scene in all of the original Halloween movies. I was laughing out loud hysterically as opposed to being bored with it all (it probably has a lot to do with when I finally saw them and after what I'd seen before them). But I didn't particularly like the Halloween movies until H20.

Mandalorian finale... bombastic and great action scenes! However... we only moved an inch forward, if that. And there isn't anything new given to look forward to. No surprises. Tune into season 4 for "secrets of Mandalore" I guess. But nothing is teased that wasn't already teased.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:05 AM   #440
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
You won't like this. But that was my favorite scene in all of the original Halloween movies. I was laughing out loud hysterically as opposed to being bored with it all
No, no I understand that completely actually....

Quote:
Mandalorian finale... bombastic and great action scenes! However... we only moved an inch forward, if that. And there isn't anything new given to look forward to. No surprises. Tune into season 4 for "secrets of Mandalore" I guess. But nothing is teased that wasn't already teased.
I'll have to watch it today if I can. Really curious as to if it's truly becoming the "Bo-Katan Show".

Tags
cancelculture