The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-04-2021, 02:25 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

IDW Plots You Wished Had Been Followed Up On

IDW has presented many plots a,b,and even c. Some of which have completed and some never have been followed up on. Some will eventually despite the time to take effect so those likely to be touched on like the goings-on on Burrow Island and what the Pantheon are gearing up for in the upcoming storyarc.

Early on we were introduced to the Savante Ninja Clan which was a rival of the Foot Clan. We never got much insight beyond the quick rise of Victor overcoming his father and wanting to trump the Foot, but fell to become fodor for Shredder to seem stronger by #25, 19 issues later. Similarly this would happen with Darius Dunn and the Street Phantoms, but Darius Dunn got a curtain call in a unique way in the Ghostbusters. The Savante Clan did not get that and their impact was minimal at best.

Dark Water helped The Earth Protection Force for an arc or two with surveillance, but then bowed out. Despite using the names of the Knight and Winters characters nothing was meant for them. When pre-established names no matter how small it makes me think that he/she will be utilized. However no Megavolt or even reviving the Savante with him.

The two empty cages at Stocktronics were forgotten about until Bebop and Rocksteady's second mini-series and we see that its Wingnut and Screw loose only they disapear after the drawn out reveal and never followed up on after what will be 70 issues is surprising.

I am in the minority,but it rubbed me the wrong way to have the city's mob bosses named after pre-established characters Big Louie and Don Turteli. They did look like either characters and died in two pages. What was the point? The Turtles need more human adversaries and giving an older character or two a formidable revamp would have been a great idea.

The Battle Nexus, we know it exist, but it was in a forgettable story years ago that the Turtles were not even a part of. It would be great if this ever has an arc around it.

My sixth and final plot is, at the conclusion of issue #50 we see Krang extracting the Hamato family's DNA samples. Why this has not been referenced to in any way in the 70 issues since? These are my six forgotten or not followed upon plots. Comment on my choices and add your own below.
Old 07-04-2021, 04:42 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Savate and Dark Water were boring and merely existed as props to show how much better the Foot Clan or Bishop's EPF were. I have no idea what you expected out of them, it was just to show rival clans same thing with the Street Phantoms.

As for the rest of your posts, most of that is likely to be touched on eventually in some form. I imagine the Battle Nexus is hard to do in comic form, doing a tournament in a comic would probably take too many issues unless they just show quick montages of the fights and then it'd be too rushed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:12 PM   #3
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Alopex's grudge against Shredder and really like... all of her potential as a former Foot soldier. I mean ****, Karai doesn't even acknowledge her existence. All of that potential story was stolen to make Jennika's wet fart of a character arc. They basically made the choice to make Alopex less interesting in order to **** out another even less interesting character. Now all she does is wear meme-y shirts and cling to Raph (and I say this as someone who approved of that relationship arc, just a shame that's all she ****ing does now).
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:30 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Alopex already had a lot of issues focusing on her getting revenge on Shredder and they touched on it on issue 100. So I feel they already covered enough of that.

I do agree the modern version of Alopex is just a boring furry character though.
Old 07-05-2021, 11:56 PM   #5
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Null... She never really ever got an arc of her own or any kind of real fight with the turtles.

Also Hun is like dead and that's never been really touched upon. Think about it, since issue 1 He's been a driving force in Casey's story and it ends in 100 and then we hardly see Casey again in the book.

The orphans. So much happened because of those dirty little brats - the whole reason Karai went to war with Splinter was over the future of the orphans and now they just get brushed off to Dimension X. It's more fun to teach mutants karate, I'm sure those children are having a good time in another dimension away from everything they've ever known
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:27 AM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

The Battle Nexus is certainly one I'm a but curious as to why it never popped up again.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:33 PM   #7
PrestonC
Random Punk

I have no recollection of what issue this was in, but there was some sort of military-type squad that could mutate into animals at will due to the canisters on their backs. Where the heck did THEY go?!
PrestonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:39 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

They worked for Null, which is why we've never seen them again. Every time they touch on a Null plot you just get breadcrumbs and then it's put into the background for another 8 months.

Remember Null was introduced back in 2016 in the Mutanimals mini. We're now halfway into 2021 and anything involving her has barely developed an inch.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:55 PM   #9
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They worked for Null, which is why we've never seen them again. Every time they touch on a Null plot you just get breadcrumbs and then it's put into the background for another 8 months.

Remember Null was introduced back in 2016 in the Mutanimals mini. We're now halfway into 2021 and anything involving her has barely developed an inch.
I could be wrong but I think all of the issues that involve Null or her lackeys have been in mini series (Mutanimals, Jennika II) or Universe (1 - 4, 11, 19 - 20 and Nobody Cares). U11, Jersey Devil, is the issue Preston was referring to.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:40 PM   #10
PrestonC
Random Punk

Thanks for refreshing my memory. Those guys were cool.
PrestonC is offline   Reply With Quote