The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #41
hypered1
Stone Warrior
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I guess it's safe to say this run will go to issue 125 now, since this is issue 119. Obviously the Mutanimals rally and Baxter aren't going to be wrapped up in another issue, so another 5 issues at the minimum is likely. Issue 120-125 will likely be the rest of this arc.

Maybe...if we're lucky, issue 126+ will have us moving on. But who knows.
The current arc is set to end in either #122 or #123 as that's as far as Sophie's run is lasting for at the moment.
__________________
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 03:59 PM   #42
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,830
I love that Sally Pride is getting a lot of attention, However I don't think the people of mutant town know that she wasn't born human, Everyone in mutant town used to be human, But Sally Pride I believe was born an animal, She first appeared on the issues of the Mighty Mutanimals miniseries, She was originally created by Null for slave labor, And they were planning to use her for specific tasks, Like she was being trained to drive vehicles and stuff like that.

Over the years she started acting more human, So I can see why she has qualities that would fit her well as someone who can lead.
__________________

Last edited by TigerClaw; 07-16-2021 at 04:13 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:41 PM   #43
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,578
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Could be. The nondescript cans and the "beer" being colored to look like cola don't especially "sell" that, but if you infer that it's supposed to actually be beer then sure, could be a factor and is probably meant to be taken that way.

I don't know about "more" of the anger, though. As-presented in both dialog and facial expression, Raph's outwardly-expressed anger comes out in direct response to Casey's comment. That's simply how it reads, which is why I made the observation.
What’s comic book censorship towards underage drinking? If I’m not mistaking he isn’t 21 yet.
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 05:41 AM   #44
hypered1
Stone Warrior
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
What’s comic book censorship towards underage drinking? If I’m not mistaking he isn’t 21 yet.
I'm not so sure about that; as I mentioned in a previous post, it's been at least 3 years since the start of the series and Casey (and April) was in college which means he was at least 18 at the beginning, so by now he (and April and possibly Angel by extension) would be 21 or 22.
But to be fair the series has never set anything in concrete about any character's ages.
__________________
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:31 AM   #45
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Maybe it would be better, if it would have been series of its own, instead of, you know, stealing spot from Ninja Turtles - main heroes of the story?


Sounds like a good plan: just give Ross his own spin-off to do whatever he wants, proclaim it non-canon, so furries could continue to cream themselves about "cute UWU animals" and normal people would not have to look at this stuff.
Although I agree that the series needs an editor and to get back to the main characters pronto, you are coming across as a transphobic a$$hole.

She changed her name years ago and you ignoring that on principle is pathetic
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 10:56 AM   #46
Sumac
Foot Elite
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Although I agree that the series needs an editor and to get back to the main characters pronto, you are coming across as a transphobic a$$hole.

She changed her name years ago and you ignoring that on principle is pathetic
I don't play pandering games with mentally ill people. Have it enough in my life time already.
It is pathetic to pretend that men can cheat biology and become "a woman".

Sorry, not sorry.
__________________
Now with 200,1% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:33 PM   #47
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I don't play pandering games with mentally ill people. Have it enough in my life time already.
It is pathetic to pretend that men can cheat biology and become "a woman".

Sorry, not sorry.
You should be. You're a waste of skin. No one even calls authors by their first name in writing (e.g. Eastman, Santolouco). You're just going out of you way to be $ hitty and violent. Even more egregious is if you're actually choosing to do it because she's "mentally ill" by your own words. Why be a piece of s$it to someone mentally ill? Go to hell.

And it's not pandering. It's probably her ****ing legal name. People have the right to change their name.

If anything you being an a hole weakens your arguments
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:56 PM   #48
TylerD
Random Punk
 
TylerD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I don't play pandering games with mentally ill people. Have it enough in my life time already.
It is pathetic to pretend that men can cheat biology and become "a woman".

Sorry, not sorry.
Ya I may catch fire for this but I completely agree with you.
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:56 AM   #49
hypered1
Stone Warrior
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 542
It's rather sad that people take offence from something that literally doesn't affect them in the slightest.
It's also no wonder that many of the creative team hardly come here anymore when all they get is derogatory comments thrown their way.
__________________
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:50 AM   #50
Sumac
Foot Elite
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
You should be. You're a waste of skin. No one even calls authors by their first name in writing (e.g. Eastman, Santolouco). You're just going out of you way to be $ hitty and violent. Even more egregious is if you're actually choosing to do it because she's "mentally ill" by your own words. Why be a piece of s$it to someone mentally ill? Go to hell.
People who pretend that mental illness is "a normal thing" are a waste. They harm society by allowing people to engage in unhealthy behavior, ruining their own lives and lives of others.

Go suck a lemon, handmaiden.

Calling male "a male" is not a violence - it is just stating a fact. A fact, that no matter how much he will butcher his body, changes his name, he still will be a man, a male, a human being with male biology though and thorough. Reality doesn't care about his mental illness and won't accommodate it.
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
It's rather sad that people take offence from something that literally doesn't affect them in the slightest.
This is where you are wrong.
It AFFECTS other people. Laws changed to let men into women spaces. Twitter mob attack women for standing for their privacy and safety. Trans constantly attack Lesbians for lack of desire to have sex with them, like true incels they are, regularly sending death and rape threats to them.

Just this month there were protests near spa, where failed male, who pretended to be woman, showed his dick to underage girls. And you want to tell me that it doesn't AFFECT others!?

Do you even know what are you talking about or you just gobble down media propaganda? Or you think, that women should, as usual, accommodate male desires, because, women somehow more priviliged than bunch of mentally ill freaks?
Honestly, learn more about what you are trying to defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
Ya I may catch fire for this but I completely agree with you.
You won't catch anything from normal people, because, majority, as silent as it maybe, agrees with us.
__________________
Now with 200,1% more poison!

Last edited by Sumac; 07-19-2021 at 05:28 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:36 AM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 22,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Go suck a lemon, handmaiden.
Hey hey, now... Rooish is a very good and talented person. It's nice to see her around here again.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:59 AM   #52
Sumac
Foot Elite
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Hey hey, now... Rooish is a very good and talented person. It's nice to see her around here again.
Talent doesn't justify defending psychopaths.
__________________
Now with 200,1% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:36 AM   #53
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 25,876
I tend to stay back and let you all be adults and not try to squash free speech and all that, but Sumac you're very much out of line. Attacking other members, and even members of the TMNT creative team will not be tolerated. Dial it back, or you may be looking at an overdue ban...temporary or otherwise.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:54 AM   #54
Sumac
Foot Elite
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I tend to stay back and let you all be adults and not try to squash free speech and all that, but Sumac you're very much out of line. Attacking other members, and even members of the TMNT creative team will not be tolerated. Dial it back, or you may be looking at an overdue ban...temporary or otherwise.
Facts just exist, they don't attack anyone, no more than blue sky attacks people living under it.
It is their choice to see reality or to pretend it is something else.

But, if you wish to preserve cordiality, so I will withdraw from those arguments.
But my opinion on those matters and about those people won't change.
__________________
Now with 200,1% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:51 PM   #55
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 7,667
Reminder here that Sumac called me edgy for claiming that a Next Mutation marathon would be more tolerable than a Fred Wolf marathon, simply because it would be over way quicker.

And then Sumac goes ahead makes this thread go off the rails by needlessly raving about transwomen because the writer is a transwoman, as if that isn't far more inflammatory than implying it's better to watch a short-lived bad TV show than a bad TV show that ended up being way longer than it deserved to.

Just say Sophie's run isn't good, that is fine to say, the fact that she's trans isn't important to the writing quality. And anyone's opinion on transpeople in general isn't what ought to be discussed here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:56 PM   #56
hypered1
Stone Warrior
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Reminder here that Sumac called me edgy for claiming that a Next Mutation marathon would be more tolerable than a Fred Wolf marathon, simply because it would be over way quicker.

And then Sumac goes ahead makes this thread go off the rails by needlessly raving about transwomen because the writer is a transwoman, as if that isn't far more inflammatory than implying it's better to watch a short-lived bad TV show than a bad TV show that ended up being way longer than it deserved to.

Just say Sophie's run isn't good, that is fine to say, the fact that she's trans isn't important to the writing quality. And anyone's opinion on transpeople in general isn't what ought to be discussed here.
Agreed, it's also nice to see that some mods are still around, even if they just lurk for the most part.
__________________
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:37 PM   #57
PurpleMusic
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 50
Important to note that the turtles would readily beat the **** out of any and all right-wing bigots
PurpleMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:50 PM   #58
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,761
Eh, I don't know. Raph is pretty pragmatic, he'd probably lean to the right.

Also, being "right-wing" does not in and of itself make anyone "a bigot". This kind of thinking needs to stop, it does way more harm than good.

Could just say "bigots" without making it political, y'know?
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #59
ChosenOne
Foot Elite
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Eh, I don't know. Raph is pretty pragmatic, he'd probably lean to the right.

Also, being "right-wing" does not in and of itself make anyone "a bigot". This kind of thinking needs to stop, it does way more harm than good.

Could just say "bigots" without making it political, y'know?
Right wing's the new boogeyman, dontcha know? Well, at least for gullible, impressionable sheep with no sense of irony or awareness of hypocrisy, no capacity for honest self-analysis and absolutely zero knowledge of History other than what warped drivel they're peddled by modern-day snake oil sellers, it is. Sad.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:03 PM   #60
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 23,761
I'll be sure that all of my gay and non-white friends who vote Republican get the memo that they're hateful bigots.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.