The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-27-2021, 08:37 PM   #121
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Nah, The comic is here to stay and the current run is such a breath of fresh air, You can always read the other TMNT comics if the current comic isn't appealing to you.
Can he? Yes. Should he have to? F*ck, no, and f*ck the horse that notion rode in on. Don't be disingenuous. This is the TMNT comic we want to read, the way it used to be before #101: good. You can always read the Rise comics if that isn't appealing to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Fixed it to be more honest.
Sir, I'm a fan of your poetry. When's your next signing?

Quote:
There is no such thing as low sales, Ask any of the people working on the comics, and they will give you the sales number, and say they are doing fine.

What did you expect them to say? Admit to the truth, which would amount to conceding that it's a sh*tty run, and throw their own writer under the bus? My goodness... Would you be interested in a bridge? It's a really nice bridge, well built, well located, the view is gorgeous and you can make a mint off tolls.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:37 PM   #122
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
There is no such thing as low sales, Ask any of the people working on the comics, and they will give you the sales number, and say they are doing fine.
Tell that to any of the "critically acclaimed" books that DC has launched over the last ten years only to get cancelled in less than 8 issues due to - wait for it - low sales.

Now, IDW obviously has a much lower bar for "success" - ANY of their books would get cancelled if they were held to the same sales standards that DC and Marvel have - but it still stands that figuratively "nobody" reads this book.

10,000-15,000 copies a month is objectively abysmal for any comic book, especially one based on a - ((snicker)) "popular" franchise like TMNT. Back in the '90s more people bought comics about Casper the goddamn Friendly Ghost.

You are not entitled to your own Facts. Sorry.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:40 PM   #123
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post

Sir, I'm a fan of your poetry. When's your next signing?
I will be wrestling in Deptford, NJ in a couple of weeks, where you can get your picture with me, get an autographed 8x10 AND buy a T-shirt!

Old 07-27-2021, 08:42 PM   #124
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Obviously most people out here are anti-woke, so when ever a minority character is put into the spotlight, they cry fowl and claim its woke and pushing some agenda.

The current run is appealing to a wider audience, and I been seeing nothing but positive responses to the current run, Just in other places except here, Since it seems most people's view on this current run is mostly political.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:47 PM   #125
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I will be wrestling in Deptford, NJ in a couple of weeks, where you can get your picture with me, get an autographed 8x10 AND buy a T-shirt!
I initially read that as "get your picture and wrestle with me", and mentally noped out.

Quote:
Obviously most people out here are anti-woke, so when ever a minority character is put into the spotlight, they cry fowl and claim its woke and pushing some agenda.

The current run is appealing to a wider audience, and I been seeing nothing but positive responses to the current run, Just in other places except here, Since it seems most people's view on this current run is mostly political.

My friend, you seriously need to learn to consider the sources.

Also, please stop pushing that take. You, like Campbell, are trying to make this into something it's not.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:50 PM   #126
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I initially read that as "get your picture and wrestle with me", and mentally noped out.

My friend, you seriously need to learn to consider the sources.

Also, please stop pushing that take. You, like Campbell, are trying to make this into something it's not.
Then maybe its best not to be out there saying something is woke, It'll make you all look bad.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:53 PM   #127
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Don't be so hasty, there's a good chance you'd go over. I've gotten paid to lose to plenty of guys who have no business even being there so you wouldn't even be the first or last.

Old 07-27-2021, 09:00 PM   #128
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Then maybe its best not to be out there saying something is woke, It'll make you all look bad.
Jesus... This is enough to plague a saint. You think I care about that? I'm not a virtue signaller. The current writer is woke and injects that into the writing when it has no business being there and never was before, and it's pretty much all the comic has become. Woke, woke, woke. Does the truth make me look bad? Well, I'll take it. Better that than live in denial and keep bringing up feelings rather than facts in the hopes of scoring points. Speaking for myself and, I imagine, everyone else who's complained about the current run, I/we don't care about the woke agenda either way, whether it's to bash it or praise it. We just want IDW TMNT back instead of this hollow shell it's become under Campbell. She's the one who made it about wokeness, not us fans.

Quote:
Don't be so hasty, there's a good chance you'd go over. I've gotten paid to lose to plenty of guys who have no business even being there so you wouldn't even be the first or last.
Sounds remarkably like politics.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:10 PM   #129
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Jesus... This is enough to plague a saint. You think I care about that? I'm not a virtue signaller. The current writer is woke and injects that into the writing when it has no business being there and never was before, and it's pretty much all the comic has become. Woke, woke, woke. Does the truth make me look bad? Well, I'll take it. Better that than live in denial and keep bringing up feelings rather than facts in the hopes of scoring points. Speaking for myself and, I imagine, everyone else who's complained about the current run, I/we don't care about the woke agenda either way, whether it's to bash it or praise it. We just want IDW TMNT back instead of this hollow shell it's become under Campbell. She's the one who made it about wokeness, not us fans.
Anyone whose complaining about wokeness is pretty much admitting that they don't like minorities, or any groups stepping into higher roles, They rather things stayed the way they used to be, But these are different times now, So people have to get with the times.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:26 PM   #130
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Anyone whose complaining about wokeness is pretty much admitting that they don't like minorities, or any groups stepping into higher roles, They rather things stayed the way they used to be, But these are different times now, So people have to get with the times.
Whoa... With leaps like those, why aren't you in Tokyo right now?
Old 07-27-2021, 09:57 PM   #131
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Whoa... With leaps like those, why aren't you in Tokyo right now?
Forget "leaps", I don't think this guy's so much as hopped since middle school gym class.

I'm in Bitch Mode today, sorry not sorry.

Old 07-27-2021, 10:04 PM   #132
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Forget "leaps", I don't think this guy's so much as hopped since middle school gym class.
Gone are the good old days when missionaries would climb up massive waterfalls and trek through miles of jungle to preach their gospel and try to convert new believers. Now they just open this forum on a new tab and drop in from Twitter.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:08 PM   #133
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Do you seriously think most fans have problem with Jennika being a Lesbian?
Also, you do understand that Turtles in-universe are minorities on their own (well, they were until mutant town)?

Quote:
And anyone should care, because...?

Quote:
And anyone complaining about Communism wants to personally enslave people, right?

Last edited by Sumac; 07-27-2021 at 10:15 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:32 AM   #134
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Stan Sakai recently said one of the reasons he moved from Dark Horse to IDW was sales levels for Usagi and he was worried about it being cancelled. And if someone like Stan is worried about cancellation, then almost anyone can be.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:02 AM   #135
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
That's the kind of rhetoric people like you always use to try and silence detractors. Don't like our ideology? Well lets ignore specifics and nuance, clearly you're just racist! I don't know if you've realized it yet, but people aren't as effected by those terms as they used to be. Maybe because you folks overplayed your hand the last time when you called over half the country racist. People don't ****ing care what you all paint them as anymore.
Cloudrunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:24 AM   #136
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Stan Sakai recently said one of the reasons he moved from Dark Horse to IDW was sales levels for Usagi and he was worried about it being cancelled. And if someone like Stan is worried about cancellation, then almost anyone can be.
Dark Horse isn't know for its high sales number, They lost a lot of well known IPs over the years.
Moving Usagi to IDW was the right decision, Since IDW appeals to a broader audience, and the sales numbers are better.
Its run by people who truly care about those properties.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:21 AM   #137
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'd tend to think Sakai probably gave DH every opportunity to either assuage his worries or counter-offer. They had a long and healthy publishing relationship since almost the time I really got into collecting comics myself.

But who knows.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:12 AM   #138
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Aw, hell no, TigerClaw. No.

As a woman, a minority, and also a bisexual, I have to say this comic fails. It's not because it puts spotlight on female characters or minorities, dude. It's because the writing is dismal. I don't mind representation, obviously, but I also don't want sloppy writing, unlikable and unrelatable characters, boring storylines, the main characters being guest stars in their own title, and so on. This isn't about politics, it's about the book not being entertaining or fun anymore. I never felt this way with TMNT Adventures back in the day, that comic included a lot of female characters (April had a lot of stuff to do including her own mini series, Oyuki, Ninjara, etc) and minorities, and also great storylines that are memorable today.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:34 AM   #139
Leo656
The Franchise

He's not great at nuance.

Let's give him some more time to master shapes and colors before we start getting into anything too deep.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:20 AM   #140
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:

This has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the comic "being woke".
The story of the current run is terrible, its badly written, the pacing is slow, it barely has a goal and its more romance and whiney animals than humour/action/adventure, this is not what we as readers of this comic pre-101 would want in a TMNT run, especially since the IDW comic was meant for adults and now we got this childish crap with no end in sight.
Not everything that gets hated or shat on is because "its woke", i know your view on things is probably corrupted because of the whole gender-war going on lately, but trust me when i say: People can hate on things without it being "woke".

Also these "positive comments on this comic" you read are probably reddit/twitter where you get banned or get harassed and threatend by 100's of sheeple if you go against the leftists even a tiny little bit (or hell even correcting them on something you get attacked by sheeple and mods), so yeah obviously everyone is going to be positive on there because the ones with a different view remain silent because they don't want to get banned.
This comic on how it is now, is being seen as bad not only on here on this forum but Youtube comments (and reviewers) aswell, hell even the letters in the comic show it off basically where its okay to have a different opinion.

The comic was great, hell i'd say near perfect for a TMNT comic for adults, this is the comic i wanted for years, and i finally got it and now its ruined because of stupid romance drama and battle of the bands and whatever the **** is happening the last 6 issues that i skipped, i gave up.

Also no i shouldn't read the older comics (completed Archie some years ago anyway) as i want this comic to be good, this is the comic i enjoy(ed) so why should i go read something else? Thats not how it works.
Maybe you should read something else if this is the crap you enjoy in TMNT, since its obviously you who still buys this trash and keeps it going.
Maybe Rise of the TMNT is more up your ally if you enjoy this abomination of a comic run.
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote