Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-10-2022, 02:02 AM   #61
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Maybe a Volume 2 if this goes well?
Unlikely considering 2k3 lacks the nostalgia and marketability of this era of TMNT. Their games never made noise the way these games did and are much too big and complicated to be thrown into a compilation like this, let alone with their handheld counterparts which would be an afterthought, as if the games themselves weren't already.
Old 03-10-2022, 02:20 AM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Unlikely considering 2k3 lacks the nostalgia and marketability of this era of TMNT. Their games never made noise the way these games did and are much too big and complicated to be thrown into a compilation like this, let alone with their handheld counterparts which would be an afterthought, as if the games themselves weren't already.
Yeah. I think the first requirement might be that they needed to be profitable the first time around at least.

Though hey. If they threw even those games in there... the 4Kids ones and maybe the 2007 ones... I might give it a go just to finally try those because they're too much trouble to emulate and my interest level to try is too low.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 02:21 AM   #63
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I hope there's some extra stuff for my favorite TMNT game, TMNT 3: Radical rescue.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 02:34 AM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I hope there's some extra stuff for my favorite TMNT game, TMNT 3: Radical rescue.
If Konami actually went in and somehow edited old Gameboy ROMs that'd be pretty impressive. But highly doubtful. This just seems like some kind of mainframe with menus utilizing different emulators to access ROMs that have been readily available for eons.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if there was the same game glitches, too, like TMNT 1 NES.

And wow, TMNT 1 NES. Give that one a full remake, like the full-on FFVII Remake treatment. Every mode in it (the regular mode, driving the Turtle Van, the swimming), to modern standards. I'd play that in a heartbeat. It was the only game that actually tried to be a TMNT game.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:24 AM   #65
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Though hey. If they threw even those games in there... the 4Kids ones and maybe the 2007 ones... I might give it a go just to finally try those because they're too much trouble to emulate and my interest level to try is too low.
Three out of four 2k3 games are all available on PC and TMNT 2007 game was not made by Konami, but by Ubisoft, so its unlikely it can be included into any collection. And there is no problem with emulating PS2 at all, unless your machine is a potato from middle 00s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And wow, TMNT 1 NES. Give that one a full remake, like the full-on FFVII Remake treatment. Every mode in it (the regular mode, driving the Turtle Van, the swimming), to modern standards. I'd play that in a heartbeat. It was the only game that actually tried to be a TMNT game.
Yeah, and beat'em ups were just whatever, lol.
Imagine being salty about games released 30+ years ago.
"True fans", eh?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:49 AM   #66
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
if they can throw in the xbox remake and the newer 2012 game for switch, it's a must buy. other than that, you can get all those on rom sites now.
Re-Shelled will probably never see the light of day again.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:30 AM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

The description says there's an HD texture pack, there might be an ability to switch between the original look of the games and a "remaster." The Street Fighter II port on PS3 back in the day had this too, where you could play in the original version or the HD re-drawn sprites they did.

Also some of you need to realize that this is a Konami collection, games that Ubisoft made will obviously not be on this. Ubi-soft made "TMNT Re-Shelled" so of course that won't be included. I own it on PS3 and it's a poor remake, so it's no big loss. Ubisoft also made the GBA game based on the 2007 movie, and even though it was the best 2D Turtle game of the 2000's, it obviously can't be included.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:53 AM   #68
AquaParade
Banned

I can’t believe Tournament Fighters has online play. This is so cool.
I don’t think I’ve ever played the NES version, and I’ve only played the Genesis version briefly. Curious as to how they stack up against the SNES version.

Other then that, I’m looking forward to playing the arcade game again. I seem to remember liking that one more than TiT & HH, both of which I’ve played too many times anyway.

I’ve also heard good things about Manhattan Project.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:27 AM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

NES Tournament Fighters has really good game play for an 8 bit fighter. Each character has two specials moves and a lot of basic attacks. Also Casey Jones and Hot Head are playable making a very unique roster.

I loved how the Tournament Fighter games picked such unique roster characters instead of going with the usual mainstream picks. Can't believe we got Ray Fillet in the Genesis version, Hot Head in NES, and Armaggon, Wing Nut, War and Chrome Dome in SNES with Rat King and Karai as unlockables.

The roster picks were hardcore and seeing Archie characters get love in the 90's was crazy.
Old 03-10-2022, 07:49 AM   #70
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Re-Shelled will probably never see the light of day again.
that's sad. IT had SOME good things going for it.

If they had just fixed the gameplay mechanics and made better music, it would have been a decent remake.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:52 AM   #71
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I
I’ve also heard good things about Manhattan Project.
they fixed all the things wrong with the Arcade Game and made a good nes game out of it.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #72
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
they fixed all the things wrong with the Arcade Game and made a good nes game out of it.
TMNT III is a completely different game than the Arcade game, it's a full blown sequel with all new stages, bosses and story.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:21 AM   #73
oldmanwinters
Overlord

This caught my attention from the Playstation blog post:

Quote:
While bringing our heroes in a half shell back to the surface, we were immediately taken back to a time where we grabbed three other friends to save April from a burning building, struggled to swim through obstacles and prevent the dam from exploding, or discovered that there were secret areas where Casey Jones slammed Raphael into the ground.
That last part... what?

Is that a reference to Manhattan Missions on the PC?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:27 AM   #74
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

wonder if the nes konami codes are going to work on these. i'll have to break out the old nintendo power issues to check.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:43 AM   #75
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I thought this was the case for the same reasons you list but after seeing the crazy big response this compilation got if this outsells expectations by s lot then Konami will want to do everything to release a follow up and those are the only games they have left.

Especially possible if they have the TMNT license in general to rerelease games already and it wasn't just for those specific ones which seems to be the case.

Granted it's easier to release the fist compilation since they already had emulators for those consoles made for the Konami and Castlevania collections and emulating PS2 is far more difficult. But if sales are big enough they might just try it to cash in even if they know 2k3 isn't as popular.
I really hope you're right. I did enjoy the 2k3 games for what they were. Playing those games as a teenager gave me just as fond memories as I had with the older games as a kid.

This announcement is one of the few good things to come out of the Paramount Global (formerly Viacom) sale.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:32 AM   #76
AquaParade
Banned

What 3 games are you most looking forward to?
I’d include Tournament Fighters and the arcade game in my list, but third is up in the air. Probably Turtles in Time.
Old 03-10-2022, 10:01 AM   #77
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've already played through these games hundreds, if not thousands of times as a kid, but they're all really good games. The Genesis Tournament Fighters is the weakest game of the bunch since the single player is cheap and has as hell but I love the visual style.

I've probably beaten each game about 1000 times. I would just replay them every day as a kid.
Old 03-10-2022, 10:04 AM   #78
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant

They should castlevania and contra nes codes worked on those collections like the 30 lives for contra and 10 or 30 lives for Super C if you the play Japanese rom.
Demented Utrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:26 AM   #79
AquaParade
Banned

I'm not sure I realized there was an arcade edition of Turtles in Time. I had the SNES version, but I only ever saw the regular tmnt arcade game out in the wild.
Old 03-10-2022, 10:37 AM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'm not sure I realized there was an arcade edition of Turtles in Time.
That's where the numbering gets nutty. TMNT: The Arcade Game is TMNT II, and TMNT II in arcades is TMNT IV.