The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #61
CyberCubed
Overlord

Did Playmates ever release those new monsters from the Sub Sewer or Global Missions line?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #62
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Did Playmates ever release those new monsters from the Sub Sewer or Global Missions line?
No, they haven't because that's what we would call a "good idea".
Old 10-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #63
CyberCubed
Overlord

It'll be retarded if they never come out. That gorilla and lizard looked pretty awesome, even if they don't ever appear in the show I'd buy them.

Aside from the mini-figures, I'm only going to buy villains/monsters/humans from Playmates from now on. I'm done with the Turtle varients at this point, so I guess there's not going to be much to buy. They really need to release more villains or secondary human characters.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #64
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It'll be retarded if they never come out. That gorilla and lizard looked pretty awesome, even if they don't ever appear in the show I'd buy them.

Aside from the mini-figures, I'm only going to buy villains/monsters/humans from Playmates from now on. I'm done with the Turtle varients at this point, so I guess there's not going to be much to buy. They really need to release more villains or secondary human characters.
I concur. These stupid endless Turtle variants are giving me a headache.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:10 AM   #65
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S View Post
I concur. These stupid endless Turtle variants are giving me a headache.
They give me more than that..
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:33 AM   #66
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Soooo...

Redesign the movie figures, exactly, with a few holographic weapons and a smurfy master splinter and boom! New toyline!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #67
Buffy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Soooo...

Redesign the movie figures, exactly, with a few holographic weapons and a smurfy master splinter and boom! New toyline!
Master Splinter does look like a smurph doesn't he

Playmates is making it really easy for me: it will be a long time before I buy a new TMNT toy from them again, especially turtle variants. I have enough of those at home.

Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #68
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Master Splinter does look like a smurph doesn't he

Playmates is making it really easy for me: it will be a long time before I buy a new TMNT toy from them again, especially turtle variants. I have enough of those at home.

Smurph? Steve Murphy? I don't think he's blue or short....
Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #69
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Ah... so these are the mini figures then? I'm not as upset as I was before, but I really wish I could see something the quality of the FF line instead. At least kids are buying the mini-line...
Old 10-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #70
Buffy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Smurph? Steve Murphy? I don't think he's blue or short....
Sorry, I meant to write smurf. As in those blue little dudes with white pointy hats.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #71
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Sorry, I meant to write smurf. As in those blue little dudes with white pointy hats.
I know, but I had to take a stab at that - it was just too perfect. Looks like Darth_CJJ's assimilated it into 'is list of noteworthy quotes, too.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #72
Buffy
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I know, but I had to take a stab at that - it was just too perfect. Looks like Darth_CJJ's assimilated it into 'is list of noteworthy quotes, too.
Yeah, I noticed that too

Old 10-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #73
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Checking it out, as they're reusing characters from the mini line. they SHOULD have resculpted the 4 armed Shredder's body to have only 2 arms, and worked with that. it's a lot closer to the actual Cyber Shredder. Just slap some orange paint on the helmet and clear orange plastic for the arms, and they would have had something there.

If any Photoshop or customizers can help me out here... they'll know what I'm talking about.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #74
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

Quote:
No, it's not a Mini-Figure. It's basically the regular movie Splinter, with a recoloured robe and his body cast in translucent blue plastic, as well as being split apart.
well thats a fine how-do you-do. i'm starting to wonder if we'll get actual toon action figures. but reused movie toys? COME THE F@%&$ ON ALREADY! i've waited and i been patiant with playmates but it seems to me that playmates is trying to KILL tmnt for the anniversery.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:01 PM   #75
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
well thats a fine how-do you-do. i'm starting to wonder if we'll get actual toon action figures. but reused movie toys? COME THE F@%&$ ON ALREADY! i've waited and i been patiant with playmates but it seems to me that playmates is trying to KILL tmnt for the anniversery.
Aye, that's how we all feel about this. It makes us all sad.

I wish now that Spyder Bytez and Metalklawz have been on the show, they'd release the damn figures. Hell, I'll buy four Spyder Bytez and two Metalklawz!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #76
everythinginone

Ok...so are we only getting mini turtles from the BTTS line? Or are we getting normal sized figures from the line too? It'd be nice to finally get a purple dragon figure, considering they were on todays episode!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:09 AM   #77
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythinginone View Post
Ok...so are we only getting mini turtles from the BTTS line? Or are we getting normal sized figures from the line too? It'd be nice to finally get a purple dragon figure, considering they were on todays episode!
We are getting over used normal sized movie turtles dressed to look like they do in their cyber gear from back to the sewer.
Nothing else at this point has been stated and I highly doubt we will get any purple dragons.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #78
Venom
Space Knight

What blows my mind about the BttS deal is why in the world did Playmates not reuse the old FF sculpts since they were so intent on using existing sculpts.

I never picked them up, but I really liked the look of the Turtles in that line...I could still kick myself for not grabbing the Dark Turtles when I saw those too...but I digress. The FF line was actually looking good, and the figures they could have made from the cancelled 2nd season would have been awesome. I mean, a new Space Usagi!!

Anyway, it's just a bit depressing seeing Turtle Power fading away so fast. It didn't even last as long as the first time!!! I've always loved the Turtles, even to the point that I was the kid being made fun of at school when everyone else was "Z0MG Power Rangers, X-Men RAHH!!!" But I didn't care. They were special to me.

The only hope were possibly have left is whatever is planned for next year...but I'm honestly not expecting much. Noone is really hyping it up. Wizard needs to do a story, Toyfare needs to be on whatever is planned for the toy side, and whatever other pop culture outlets should be on the Turtle Train 25...

Society is a massive cesspool full of shallow crap that truly means nothing anymore.

I need to stop because I'm getting into preachy mode, and this is about our disdain for the toys. Which while I like the Mini-Mutants, would really wish for proper BttS toys, even if they were resculpted FF figs. At least those match closer to the new show's art.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #79
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo83 View Post
What blows my mind about the BttS deal is why in the world did Playmates not reuse the old FF sculpts since they were so intent on using existing sculpts.
Just paint some pupils in there, and you'd be alright. Or better yet, just slap the cybergear on them. at 9 bucks a figure, NO ONE will want or be able to afford the same toys over and over. We're probably not even getting a good new facial sculpt.

If this were ONLY the mini-line, I wouldn't care. If they were Minis, I'd buy them anyway. 6 bucks for 2 figures as opposed to 9 bucks for something I already have with a new shirt on. That crap may fly for Barbie, but not the turtles.

Jeez... no one seems to care about what they're doing anymore, and then piss and moan about how no one's buying anything or watching anything. I think the real screw is that they forced a random story arc onto the show to make toys, and nthey're not even making them correctly. Even the Paleo Patrol line was more accurate.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #80
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
You're going to cry more when I post the things i've been told muwhahahaha
Wait *cries with you* seriously I want to spend my hard earned money on TMNT products but I'm not going to buy a damn thing until they sculpt figures that look like they do on the show.
A more cartoon accurate "Splinter Stuck in Internet" wouldn't be hard to customize...
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action figures