The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Oniri
Foot Soldier

TMNT AU Otome

I think I have seriously decided for my next project to be a TMNT AU otome dating game… with some missed up ending options like hatoful boyfriend.

I know that a lot of people are going to be against this and there is probably something wrong with me (sadist? masochist? Both?), but it is all in good fun. I would like to have feedback if possible, but please keep it constructive. This forum will be my updates page. I am still cleaning stuff for the voice-over project (I finishing up! I swear!), so this first post it just some ideas I am throwing around. Next post I'll have short character profiles.

STORY (incomplete): An ancient land in a universe different from ours, the human race are spread out on tiny islands floating on a Earth that is mostly water (more so than our own). These humble mortals pray to/serve the demigods and gods in exchange for their protection. The gods and demigods rule over the Earth, controlling the elements and sending blessing/curses to the humans. This arrangement, though hard on the humans depending on the chosen god , was decent and brought order to the world.

However, as years went on, something has gone wrong in the connection between the gods and humans. One after the other, gods and demigods have begone to show “ the mark of corruption”. Under the mark, they become twisted and filled with negative energy. Those engulfed by the mark have been given a new name, demons.

You (the protagonist) is one of the many daughters of Lord Xuan Wu, the mighty tortoise-snake god and king of the Genbu clan. As a favored daughter you have been put in charge of the mansion of Nu, the court of Genbu that acts as a sort of human relations department between the Genbu gods and their mortals. It has been a rumored that a demon has appeared in a central island of the clan and it has become your job to hunt down the demon and figure out the origins of the mark. Luckily, your close friends Gui brothers (Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael) have been assigned to your court and are here to help. However, the mark is spreading and, if you are not careful, you could come face to face with it yourself.

STYLE: This an AU, so it's not our Earth. However, I want to try out some Korean clothing style. The turtles will remain turtles throughout the game except one or two events (festival and maybe another one) wherein they are in “human-guise” (I had old human designs for the guys and I want to use them).

SYSTEM: I am going to learn how to use Renpy, which will make the game available for both Mac and Windows. It is my first game, so it may be a bit too ambitious for me.

PLAY: It's an otome game, so it'll it be in first person and have the usual multiple choice style play where what you choose determines how things continue on. Every turtle would have three endings (Good ending, hopeful ending, bad ending), which gives us 12 endings (whoo!). Each turtle has a different “mark of corruption”. If you charm more than one turtle, the one with the less positive choices will have their “mark” triggered. As the story goes on, if you do not deal with the marked turtle...lets just say that the cast starts shrinking till you do. There will one be one marked turtle per play through.

POSITIONS: If anyone is interested in helping out, I would love to have-
1) Game Designer: Someone who has used renpy and wouldn't mind doing for me/with me.
2) Writer: I could probably use help organizing the story bits and bouncing off ideas
3) Any other offers

Check out my fanart! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31376
Oniri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist

is he who i'm thinking he is?
Old 07-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #3
Oniri
Foot Soldier

Turtle Bios

Here is where I will put character bios. QUick head shots just to show some idea of what they may look like. "Corruption" area gives a clue to their means of killing when under the demon curse mention in the previous post.

Name: Donatello "Don" Gui
Clan: Genbu
Court: Nu
Speciality: Human Studies/Research
Weapon: Bo staff
Corruption: Nephila

Bio: The second youngest brother, Don is the bookworm of the team. Don has always been obsessed with increasing his knowledge on pretty much everything. With his inborn cravings pushing him on, he has become the man to talk to about human/god history and any other random fact you need to know. Don has also become incredibly proficient in alchemy, developing new medicines and potions through his constant research of old experimentation.

Like his brothers, Don was raised by the Byakko ambassador Master Splinter and has learned the art of fighting. Despite his shiftiness with his trusted Bo staff, Don is not as inclined to fight as his brothers are. He rather spend his time with a good book than collected bruises. He sometimes feels like an outcast, out shined by his more exciting and bold brothers. However, Don's preference for reading allowed you spend a significant amount of time studying with him in the library during your childhood when the "precious young mistress" of Genbu was not allowed to play freely outside (making him the closest out of the turtles).

Don believes that somewhere in the human history lays the secret of the corruption curse. His story leads you on the search for a book that was said to be written by Fuxi himself and passed down to a human scholar.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
Oniri
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
is he who i'm thinking he is?
((If you mean the gif, than it is Ace Ventura.))

Tags
fan games, tmnt