Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #21
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorblade View Post
But Rocket Raccoon always looked like a talking raccoon. The turtles never really looked like a talking turtle before. It's really mind blowing why people couldn't understand that.
Well, they don't look like talking turtles now, so... why the change? Aside from being easier to pattern the CGI to the actor's faces, I mean.

You can argue that the classic Turtles didn't look like turtles, but they did look a lot less human, which helped make the whole concept work.

Either way, movie Rocket Raccoon looks like Rocket Raccoon, while movie Ninja Turtles look significantly different than any other version of the Ninja Turtles. Both were deliberate choices, and if one is less popular than the other... maybe that's be something the designers should be thinking about without getting too defensive, y'know?
Old 07-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #22
Anton Chigurh
Hench Mutant

He made valid points, and if your offended, then your an idiot.

Goddam ppl...

"you have meddeled with the primal forces of nature Mr. Beale"
Old 07-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #23
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Well, they don't look like talking turtles now, so... why the change? Aside from being easier to pattern the CGI to the actor's faces, I mean.

You can argue that the classic Turtles didn't look like turtles, but they did look a lot less human, which helped make the whole concept work.

Either way, movie Rocket Raccoon looks like Rocket Raccoon, while movie Ninja Turtles look significantly different than any other version of the Ninja Turtles. Both were deliberate choices, and if one is less popular than the other... maybe that's be something the designers should be thinking about without getting too defensive, y'know?
Well, they did say that they tried the more traditional design but it didn't end up really well. Maybe they were just not talented enough to pull it off, I don't know. He only explained why they use the current design, I can't really tell how he's being too defensive there.

I guess having a different opinion is now enough to offend someone.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #24
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Ooh, how testy, Anton!

Idiots? Nah. His comments were a pretty silly appeal to emotion at best, and his reasoning only really holds water if you want it to. Lots of talented VFX folks are able to make talking, inhuman designs look "real". I don't buy for a second that the classic Turtles were some impossible task. We'd have to ignore a lot to believe that.

Quote:
Who's offended?
Old 07-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #25
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
if your offended, then your an idiot.
[Animated gif of famous actor laughing goes here]

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 07-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #26
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
[Animated gif of famous actor laughing goes here]
Oh! I got this.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
In terms of pointing it out to pretty much all of humanity - something all should be considering. Fans and, apparently, film makers alike. Esp if someone is considering freaking out or patting themselves on the back.

Is not everyone tired of people going overboard from all angles. Honestly I don't know what irks me more anymore, the overly dramatic "the world had ended because of this" types, or the "haha @ haters" superiority sorts. I mean, it's bad enough now that even a damn actor has felt the need to lower himself and join in on the rock throwing which is kind of shameful.

Whole damn thing just starting to make me feel ill.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #28
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

[/URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAGmicV4c_E[/URL]

most people when it comes to this movie
Old 07-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #29
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAGmicV4c_E

most people when it comes to this movie
So, here's an honest question. If that is the case, and complaints about this movie are so constant and widespread... is that something we should blame the fans for, or the filmmakers?
Old 07-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #30
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
So, here's an honest question. If that is the case, and complaints about this movie are so constant and widespread... is that the fans' fault, or the filmmakers'?
It's the filmmakers fault for not making the prefect TMNT that will appeal to every fans.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:10 PM   #31
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, this thread is gonna end well.

Do we have any idea when this guy said this?

I'm not gonna hold anything against ILM or others, it's just one person's statement, but honestly it's soured my mood on it a little at the moment, at least to this actor.

It's Hollywood... it's a fact of life that Hollywood takes a lot of crap and you have to have the you-know-what's to deal with it or you may as well go home. If you're going to make statements that do nothing but help encourage further polarization of an in-fighting fan base, you aren't a hero to it either.

I am glad it is not Leo's physical actor that decided to come out and say this, but I'm sure he's got his own sore spot to deal with considering the part he lost in it.

Really, if this was a recent comment made by this guy, well good one on ya Jeremy for helping to create another one of "these threads" across the internet. If this was not recent and he's gotten over it himself, then I wish that video person would have not bothered to bring it up in the first place...
GIFSoup
Old 07-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #32
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
It's the filmmakers fault for not making the prefect TMNT that will appeal to every fans.
And that's a tricky position to be in, because the idea of a "perfect" TMNT will vary from person to person. And I get that. But that's a conundrum this property comes pre-packaged with. It comes with the territory. Yet I still find a lot of their decisions... puzzling, to say the least. (And I'm a guy who has usually found something to enjoy in most versions of this property, so... hey.)
Old 07-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #33
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmosa View Post
Softens the blow a bit I guess...I do see the irony in it though.
I have to agree completely ironic

I find it very hard to believe these guys would be considered "Hardcore" turtle fans, I am sure "Mirage elitist" would scoff at the idea.

But seriously these guys appear to be talented and created a unique look for the turtles. Am I a fan of the turtle's faces NO!

But with some of the reactions and comments i have seen around here it appears these guys have killed the first born of a few of the members.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
But seriously these guys appear to be talented and created a unique look for the turtles. Am I a fan of the turtle's faces NO!

But with some of the reactions and comments i have seen around here it appears these guys have killed the first born of a few of the members.
This.

(Edit: I mean they did do a great job - and hell, ILM would be one of those dream places to work for me so I have no disrespect - but imo it's annoying to have some actor get a bit butthurt for them if not everyone agrees with their artistic direction.)

Although to be fair, as I consider myself largely in a gray area at this point, both sides damn near giving me whiplash. I swear if one isn't acting like, as you said, their first born was killed, the other is acting like they adopted a new child and is inherently better than all previous children, whom they must act spiteful toward in order show their love to the new one.

I've been a "hater" in terms of the facial features... gotten more used to it but still not big on it. And yet I've got what I consider to be a rather cute shot of Leo posted to Tumblr (and the guy is getting plenty of likes/reblogs) - I just blew some minds.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-25-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:28 PM   #35
Werecat
Hench Mutant

Everyone is so black and white on this subject. Gosh. I think the turtle designs are fine. The major problem are the unappealing faces for Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael. Leonardo's face is attractive, so attractive it belittles his siblings. The comparison makes Mikey, Don, and Raph's face even more unattractive, knowing they had a decent design but screwed it up for the rest.

Seeing how most of the advertisements only showcase Leonardo's close up really shows how insecure they are about his 3 siblings. It seems obvious that they knew they screwed up on Mikey's, Don's and Raph's face. It is also obvious that the artists do not understand responsibility and consequence either. If the design is odd then it is just odd, screw their sense of style and change it to what is actually attractive. There is no reason for this unappealing design to ever become official. The artists did a great job on Leo but severely screwed up on the faces of Mikey, Don, and Raph. They should have stayed with Leo's face and only made slight alterations.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:28 PM   #36
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
This.

Although to be fair, as I consider myself largely in a gray area at this point, both sides damn near giving me whiplash. I swear if one isn't acting like, as you said, their first born was killed, the other is acting like they adopted a new child and is inherently better than all previous children, whom they must act spiteful toward in order show their love to the new one.
I'm pretty sure that nobody claims that this is the best turtle look ever. I prefer the traditional look myself , I just don't think the design is as bad as some people made them to be. I can totally understand why others didn't like the way the turtles look in this film but just like Redeemer said the way some people react about this changes is just too much.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #37
Slade
god status

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that nobody claims that this is the best turtle look ever. I prefer the traditional look myself , I just don't think the design is as bad as some people made them to be. I can totally understand why others didn't like the way the turtles look in this film but just like Redeemer said the way some people react about this changes is just too much.
Yeah, some actually do. I've seen it on here.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #38
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The turtles are fine, they just look odd in certain angles just like your own faces.

I cringe looking at the old movies faces now as they are outdated, time to move on.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:32 PM   #39
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

New designs work old designs would have me lmao if they try to speak and interact with the human characters
Old 07-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #40
Powder
So tired of this place

HAHA ALL TURTLES STUFF BEFORE THIS MOVIE WAS CRAP RIGHT LMAO

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Closed Thread

Tags
donatello, jeremy howard