The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 01:29 AM   #41
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

If you have any troubles, or if anyone has any troubles for that matter, let me know. I know the stores around my area have heaps (they love me)!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:53 AM   #42
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
It was going to be the Italian Mob, as I'd dropped the Puzzorelli bomb in #61,
Gah, what a dumb ass... I got excited over that when I read 61, but I guess I forgot lol.

And is it just me or did Jim's turtles look a little different this time? Mainly in the face, I rather liked it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #43
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Gah, what a dumb ass... I got excited over that when I read 61, but I guess I forgot lol.

And is it just me or did Jim's turtles look a little different this time? Mainly in the face, I rather liked it.
I thought the same thing -- even when I saw the pencils I thought that! I love it. There was something of a difference between some of the faces after inking, but that could come down to Steve, Dan and Eric being the inkers.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:42 AM   #44
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant

thee greatest volume cant stop jajaja mickey rulez

float like a butter fly sting like a bee
Daniel Orduna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #45
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Glad you dig it dude!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #46
TMNTD
Foot Soldier

Great issue Tristan !! Like I said before, you're the " STAN LEE " of TMNT comics. If IDW does pick up the turtles comics, I sure hope they hire you as the main writer. First Transformers, then Ghostbusters, and if IDW gets TMNT, then the holy trinity of the best properties from 1984 will be complete !! ( But only if Tristan gets to write it).

Last edited by TMNTD; 12-12-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Added info
TMNTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:35 AM   #47
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Glad you dig it dude!
hey i didnt notice u did the script, dude really is the funniest comic book I have read, even my bodies that dont read comic love it
,just wanna say u rock dude, and we love ur work even here in mexico, un abrazo amigo muchos saludos bye

Old 12-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #48
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Got the issue last week and it really tickled me! I especially loved the part with Mikey complaining about Leonardo.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Orduna View Post
even my bodies that dont read comic love it
Should we be concerned?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #50
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I've written a review for Tristan's blog about this issue, just waiting to hear back from him.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:28 AM   #51
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Should we be concerned?
what do u mean'¿

Old 12-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #52
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Tristan has posted my review of this issue on his blog-- what an honor!!!

http://tristanhuwjones.blogspot.com/
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #53
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

I know this is really old now, but I'm living in Spain and comics take a lot longer to get here. I read this comic a couple days ago, and it was totally amazing. Tristan Jones deserved more issues of Tales, the ones he wrote are some of the best this series have had. So bad that we're not having an ending for this arc.

I hope he gets involved with whoever picks up the license for new TMNT comics. It would be so awesome to see him writing the new Turtles.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Orduna View Post
what do u mean'¿
You were talking about bodies.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #55
Ninjinister
無問題

Sorry to bump up this old topic, but I just now got my hands on the issue. No idea where the copy my CBG ordered ended up, but it seems to happen a lot with this series and my local shop, and honestly, it is the only thing I will not miss when Tales comes to a close. But, y'know, I was never charged if the issue never showed, so I'm not too sore about it.

Anyway, this is truly an amazing issue. Whereas Turtles comics have had issues with humor sprinkled throughout, this was one that was funny from start to finish - a complete rarity. And better yet, it didn't sacrifice story for humor, as it pushed the plot along as well as told a very interesting tale.

I love when a show/book/game plant the seeds earlier on for plot threads to be made later. Of course, it can be done very clumsily, but handled well, it makes things seem so much more natural, instead of rushed (like "Oh, how convenient that I learn the technique that he villain is weak to earlier the same day that I encountered him" type thing). There was actually one time I felt this way about one of Trist's stories, that was how it seemed awfully random that April would find the box of clippings about Casey having been beat by Hun right around the time that Hun was sprung from the pokey. However, given circumstances, it was forgivable, and actually a bit reasonable... but I digress. I really like how some of Tristan's new characters show up or are mentioned long before they actually take on full roles within the story. Unfortunately, due to Tales getting hit with cancellation hammer, a majority of these characters - especially the interesting new villains - will never see true light of day.

Especially saddening is, even though we have a taste of Hun, Razorback, and Lin's motives and plots, and have seen the bare essentials of King Cobra and The Baron, none of these folks will have any resolution, it seems, let alone one-off appearances like
Spoiler:
The Apprentice
Spoiler:
the mafia guy (He's not a Puzorelli, is he?)
, and
Spoiler:
Cobra's aide, whatever her name is
. Not to mention some of the forces of good that have been introduced, such as Miller and Lauren....

Anyway, back on the humor track of things, I absolutely love how it was handled. This is how Mikey should be. Not the complete slacker or the "I think my father is dead and my brothers need help situating, but y'know what? I'm gonna just skateboard and bother everybody like a complete douche." We need a Michelangelo that is the comic relief, but is foremost a character and not just a button you can press for an easy gag.

Lawson's art strangely works with this style of story, and well... whether it is by his own hand or the inker's, seems a bid more organic. His humans look more human and his turtles look more... turtle-y, than normally. I still have a few minor gripes, though, such as art inconsistencies (Hun has a ponytail, then he doesn't, then he does again?), the random squiggles that he uses as detail (the table on the final page is especially jarring... looks like a bunch of disembodied ears), and the bottom-right panel of page 23, where the Burning Man just looks straight-up stupid.

All in all, though, I've probably read this issue already more than any other issue of Tales vol. 2 that I own. It seriously is that cool.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 03-14-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #56
Cipher
Foot Elite

You're not the only one who hasn't read it. I just got home for break and finally picked up what I was missing of recent Tales issues, which was everything #62 onwards. I'll edit with opinions when I read it tomorrow.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #57
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Classic View Post
You're not the only one who hasn't read it. I just got home for break and finally picked up what I was missing of recent Tales issues, which was everything #62 onwards. I'll edit with opinions when I read it tomorrow.
I've been contemplating contacting Kevin/Heavy Metal about continuing it, finishing the whole thing off in a graphic novel format. Thoughts?

By the way, really glad you dug it Ninj!

The Apprentice was a character I was lining up for a Savanti Romero story. Basic idea was that Romero had an apprentice in the dark ages who managed to cross time and space the way his master couldn't. He'd managed to replicate the Time Scepter. The mob guy wasn't a Puzzorelli, but there were connections, and the aide was my favorite character not to get any attention. She's the Hand to my Osborn

Last edited by TristanHuwJones; 03-14-2010 at 01:08 AM.
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #58
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
I've been contemplating contacting Kevin/Heavy Metal about continuing it, finishing the whole thing off in a graphic novel format. Thoughts?
Yes.

F*** yes.

As long as you can close it out how you choose, and it's all fair, good, and legal, I'd be pre-ordering that mofo the day it was officially announced.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:20 AM   #59
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That'd be so crazy. Please do it. It could easily become the best TMNT arc ever.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #60
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
*I'd* buy it.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tales of the tmnt