The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 12-10-2014, 02:41 AM   #21
Shark_Blade
Emperor

His daughter went to the premiere.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #22
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
His daughter went to the premiere.
Yeah, She wrote a review about it and she liked the movie.
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....emiere-of.html
Old 12-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #23
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, She wrote a review about it and she liked the movie.
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....emiere-of.html
She was being polite.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:27 AM   #24
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Or she's just being honest.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:42 AM   #25
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Or she's just being honest.
And if she had said she disliked the movie you would have rolled your eyes and just said "she was the daughter of Peter Laird, what did you expect?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #26
Lou 500
Hench Mutant

I don't think he liked it very much. Or maybe he's just "meh" about it; the bloke's moved on from TMNT.
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #27
Prowler
Emperor

Yeah, I don't see why she couldn't be honest about it. The Turtles don't belong to her father anymore, so how could criticism of the movie damage her father's reputation? I'm sure she's being honest. After all her father created the Turtles, so she'll probably always associate the Turtles with him. Man, imagine if your parents created a big comic book character like Batman or something. How could would that be?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah, I don't see why she couldn't be honest about it. The Turtles don't belong to her father anymore, so how could criticism of the movie damage her father's reputation? I'm sure she's being honest. After all her father created the Turtles, so she'll probably always associate the Turtles with him. Man, imagine if your parents created a big comic book character like Batman or something. How could would that be?
I think it would be a good thing being associated to something that was beloved by many.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

You'd think. Most people, though, at least when they're kids, don't care what they're parents did; they're their parents, so they're "lame". Most children of famous people don't gain any actual appreciation for their parents' accomplishments until they're adults themselves. And by then it's not like they "grew up" with their parents' creations or accomplishments - even though they literally did, closer than most people; but they're oblivious to it, because no matter what, when you're a kid, "Daddy's Work Is Boring".

Seems silly, but I'm constantly reading about the now-grown children of celebrities and how they were completely oblivious to their parents' accomplishments when they were younger. Kids having complete disinterest in their parents is universal. So now that his daughter is older, she probably has more awareness of what her Dad accomplished, but it still probably doesn't mean the same thing to her/them as it does for everyone else.

So, while you'd think being Peter's daughter may have endeared her more to the TMNT property, I don't think so. Since Pete himself has stopped justshort of saying in the past that he doesn't really like TMNT, I doubt he made it a big deal at home. Other than being rich, I doubt his family cares much about TMNT. That's how it usually goes with these things.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You'd think. Most people, though, at least when they're kids, don't care what they're parents did; they're their parents, so they're "lame". Most children of famous people don't gain any actual appreciation for their parents' accomplishments until they're adults themselves. And by then it's not like they "grew up" with their parents' creations or accomplishments - even though they literally did, closer than most people; but they're oblivious to it, because no matter what, when you're a kid, "Daddy's Work Is Boring".

Seems silly, but I'm constantly reading about the now-grown children of celebrities and how they were completely oblivious to their parents' accomplishments when they were younger. Kids having complete disinterest in their parents is universal. So now that his daughter is older, she probably has more awareness of what her Dad accomplished, but it still probably doesn't mean the same thing to her/them as it does for everyone else.

So, while you'd think being Peter's daughter may have endeared her more to the TMNT property, I don't think so. Since Pete himself has stopped justshort of saying in the past that he doesn't really like TMNT, I doubt he made it a big deal at home. Other than being rich, I doubt his family cares much about TMNT. That's how it usually goes with these things.
Well, you're right for the most part, but I'm sure there's some exceptions. After all kids love cartoons. So if a kid's parent work had been adapted into a popular super hero cartoon, I don't see why he wouldn't be interested in it.

But yeah, teenagers tend to consider their folks as the most boring people in the world at some point or another.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

Well obviously there's exceptions, I've just never seen/heard/read any. All I've ever seen, is creators/celebrities with kids who say, "My kids completely don't care what I'm doing, the mere fact that I'm involved makes it boring/awful for them," or the kids themselves when they're older saying that that's how they acted as kids. "I'd rather be caught dead than enjoying anything my parents worked on", etc.

Mathematically, statistically, there would have to be exceptions. They just don't seem to ever pop up.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Well obviously there's exceptions, I've just never seen/heard/read any. All I've ever seen, is creators/celebrities with kids who say, "My kids completely don't care what I'm doing, the mere fact that I'm involved makes it boring/awful for them," or the kids themselves when they're older saying that that's how they acted as kids. "I'd rather be caught dead than enjoying anything my parents worked on", etc.

Mathematically, statistically, there would have to be exceptions. They just don't seem to ever pop up.
Well, celebrities usually have busy schedules so I guess their kids resented the fact that "daddy/mommy is always at work!"

I think a big exception might be the children of sports athletes.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

I honestly don't think it's about that at all, it's just that kids, in general, don't care what their parents do, famous or otherwise.

I remember when Elvira finally got an action figure and she was all excited about it, and the person interviewing her asked if her (then-young) daughter would be excited as well, and Cassandra/Elvira said something like, "I'm just a boring old lady to her, she doesn't care what I'm involved with".

I just think it's a generation gap issue more than a "my famous parents weren't around or were too busy for me" issue.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #34
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I honestly don't think it's about that at all, it's just that kids, in general, don't care what their parents do, famous or otherwise.

I remember when Elvira finally got an action figure and she was all excited about it, and the person interviewing her asked if her (then-young) daughter would be excited as well, and Cassandra/Elvira said something like, "I'm just a boring old lady to her, she doesn't care what I'm involved with".

I just think it's a generation gap issue more than a "my famous parents weren't around or were too busy for me" issue.
Yeah, probably. My parents aren't famous at all, but if someone told me back when I was a teenager that they were great at what they did, I wouldn't have cared either lol
Old 12-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #35
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTurtlesFan View Post
Laird doesn't really like any TMNT he wasn't involved with, so I doubt he'll like the new movie, irrespective of quality.
That's not true at all.

He's expressed a positive opinion about versions he wasn't involved in.

Heck when you actually get him to talk about it he's not really as negative about the Fred Wolf show as most people think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
Peter Laird is more "conservative" I think about the turtles. He likes them in the continuity of the Mirage comics. It is the dichotomy of the duo Laird / Eastman. One wants to stay on the bases and the other wants to change the rules everytime.
I'm not sure if Kevin really wants to change the rules every time so much as he has zero choice in the matter.

It's just not in his nature to criticize any version particularly if he stands to gain from it. I also think it's easier for him to take a blase attitude to everything turtle related when he divorced himself a lot sooner than Laird did but I'd imagine if he had the power he'd do things differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I'd agree with that. Considering the fall out from NM, and Lairds fastidious nature, I'm betting he'll keep quiet for a long time. I can't imagine he's waited this long to watch it. 30 years of your life is now a 100 million dollar film?

Would you wait for a DVD?
I've suspected this for a while. I buy that he waits for the DVD of the animated series and he's commented a few times on his blog that he now liked to watch his favourite TV shows in one sitting however he does actively watch movies in a theatre. I remember when Jim Lawson did a write up of his opinion on the movie and responded to a comment with something "I think Peter plans to see it next week"

I suspect he's keeping quiet until a time putting his opinion out there wont cause a big stir. Of course I could be wrong and he's legitimately waiting for the DVD and eager to let everyone know his opinion.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:53 AM   #36
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

I guess Peter Laird must not be too eager to review the movie, or maybe he's just busy, since the DVD and Blu-Ray discs have been out since Dec. 16 and nothing has been posted about it...yet?

I'm still waiting for the impending explosive information to be posted on the forums. ...At least whatever reactions come from it, will be more contained now within this new sub-forum.

A teaser for the climatic event on 'Drome Place:
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 12:05 PM   #37
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Needed to bump this thread, Because a post from it was shown in a youtube video talking about the controversy surrounding the making of the 2014 movie, And my post was shown in the video.