The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 04-18-2024, 03:16 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

So the game is only about 1 hour long? Well I guess it's par the course for TMNT games.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 05:05 PM   #42
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So the game is only about 1 hour long? Well I guess it's par the course for TMNT games.
Slightly expanded port of a quarter-consuming arcade game, so don’t expect anything more than quick… or dare I say Raw Thrills!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:02 PM   #43
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Remember it's based on an arcade game where the point is for the bad guys to kill you in minutes and make you put in another quarter. It's only an hour cause now you're playing with 'unlimited' quarters.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 03:23 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

I guess this will probably be the last time the 2012 cartoon gets a videogame, so its good for fans of the series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 12:23 AM   #45
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Just two days left until release! For the best game of the year! My next game!!! Cant wait i will brutally kill the turtles!!!! And i will uplaod the videos here to prove to evryoner why they call me the shredder! I will uplaod videos with me and also my foot ninjas and my henchemn(rocksteady bebop chris bradford xever tiger claw) killing the turtles! Are you ready????
Old 04-21-2024, 12:25 AM   #46
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It is a secret! i can not say how long it will be! Games were 2 or 1 hour long in the 80s and 90s because of technical limitatios as pcs ans consoels were very weak then. I started playing games in 1994 and i remeber very well that most games then were less than 3 hours long. And alll of them were 2d.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:17 AM   #47
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Wrath of the Mutants is available for download of as of 12AM EST this morning. I'll be giving it a shot this evening.

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:36 AM   #48
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Played about four levels this morning. It's fun! I can see myself killing more time with this over the next few months.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:07 PM   #49
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

i finishedi t and I KILLED THE TURTLES! I took me just 2 hours but it is the best game of the year! It is as long as my previous game SHREDDER REVENGE.
AS i promised, i uploaded the videos where i kill the turtles to prove to evryone in the world THAT IAM THE ONE TRUE SHREDDER AND NONE CAN DEFEAT ME!

Here you see me killing the turtles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_1VB3Gc0Os and here iam Super Shredder after i got mutated! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXoy9qmFX8I
While i agree that my previous game was better this is also very good. Now wait for my next game !!!
Old 04-23-2024, 06:15 PM   #50
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

I'll be grabbing the Nintendo Switch version of this game tomorrow in my local store, can't wait to give it a try.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:18 PM   #51
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I beat it in one sitting with a friend. The Switch version runs at 30FPS just to let you all know or for those that love 60FPS. They added in two extra levels and switch dome bosses around like moving 80s Krang and Subprime from the TCRI level to Dimension X in this port.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:03 AM   #52
Wentos
Foot Soldier

I played the PS5 version, which runs at 60 glorious frames per second. It's a fun, if unremarkable brawler. Most veteran TMNT fans will have a good idea of what they're getting into. At the very least I feel confident saying it's the best video game the 2012 turtles ever got.

It was cool hearing the original 2012 voice cast one last time. There's a good chance this is the last piece of 2012 media we'll ever get, barring crossover comics and whatnot.

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 01:26 PM   #53
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
It's an arcade port. Arcade games typically aren't that long to begin with. Besides, the arcade port of Turtles in Time was only an hour too.

Last Movie Watched: Infested (2023).
Last TV Show Watched: Ghosts US (S1:E10).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 01:28 PM   #54
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I beat it in one sitting with a friend. The Switch version runs at 30FPS just to let you all know or for those that love 60FPS. They added in two extra levels and switch dome bosses around like moving 80s Krang and Subprime from the TCRI level to Dimension X in this port.
I grabbed the Switch version too. But it runs smoothly on Switch even at 30FPS. I had a lot of fun with it. Ill probably play it again when Im bored and not looking to beat games.

Old 04-24-2024, 04:36 PM   #55
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I grabbed the Switch version too. But it runs smoothly on Switch even at 30FPS. I had a lot of fun with it. Ill probably play it again when Im bored and not looking to beat games.
Yeah, I played through it on both Easy and Medium since yesterday and I'll probably give the Hard difficulty a pass this week too. Just the fact that they kind of pulled a 1989 arcade game and extended it for consoles is enough for me to like it for what it is.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:10 PM   #56
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Yeah, I played through it on both Easy and Medium since yesterday and I'll probably give the Hard difficulty a pass this week too. Just the fact that they kind of pulled a 1989 arcade game and extended it for consoles is enough for me to like it for what it is.
I never played it in the arcades, I'm assuming the original game only had 3 levels?

Old 04-25-2024, 08:22 AM   #57
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I never played it in the arcades, I'm assuming the original game only had 3 levels?
I think so? I only ever played it at an arcade once, and it was so chaotic that I hardly recall any of the levels.

From what I've been reading, it sounds like there were technically two levels and then the Shredder boss fight ... but because this is a 3D brawler, the hit detection can kind of be all over the place so it's probably why I was dying so easily when I was trying it out like three years ago.

Also, Hard difficulty is pretty tough on the console version so far.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:03 AM   #58
Ninjinister
無問題

yo this is jank
Old 04-26-2024, 09:06 AM   #59
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Correct, the original game had NYC, Sewers, and TCRI before unlocking Shredder's hideout. The port added the Amusement Park and Dimension X.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 11:04 AM   #60
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Only three levels in the arcade??????

Are they at least 3 long levels divided into several sections?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote