The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #4161
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
IDK that's the rough part. Us guys are taught to love and stand by your woman no matter what. Women are taught to cheat or leave the moment the guy falls short in literally anything.
I think the many women who stayed in abusive relationships and just put up with it would disagree. The Violence Against Women Act exists because it is and was far too common.

No one should stay in an abusive situation, and women are certainly the abuser half of the time. My cousin's first wife was a nutcase. Fine to start with and while dating, but then she decided to stop taking her psychiatric meds. When she greeted him at the door with a kitchen knife in one hand and a taser in the other he locked himself in the bathroom and called his parents to say he needed to come home and got the hell out of there. No way in hell should he have just stood by her. Maybe she didn't ask to have mental issues (clearly genetic from her mom), but his well being matters too.

Kids may unfortunately have no choice and then may turn into adults who continue to put up with it and make choices that put them in those situations, but at least as an adult they have the option to walk, even if sometimes the means to do so are difficult.

The healthcare system in this country is a massive fail though when people are falling under the radar as much as they are. Maybe we can't force adults to get help, but I dunno, when domestic issues are a consistent pattern and someone's mental issues are a massive factor, maybe at some point they should be legally required to get evaluated and meet with a psychiatrist a couple of times to push them in the right direction.

It's unfortunate that Mrs Leo656 can't see through her own mental fog that getting help might give her (and her family) a happier life. Maybe living on that emotional edge all the time where things can always go crashing down feels familiar, but it's a shame she doesn't see that getting beyond that might be better.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #4162
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, for what it's worth it seems like she "mostly" wants to make up and we're going to the movies later, so there's that.

I just wish she'd never have another one of these outbursts. ONE is too many but she's good for like three or four per year and it's exhausting.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:46 PM   #4163
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I think the many women who stayed in abusive relationships and just put up with it would disagree. The Violence Against Women Act exists because it is and was far too common.
Clearly that's a different case. I wasn't referring to those kinds of situations.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:48 PM   #4164
mrmaczaps
Banned

Rittenhouse was found not guilty on all charges and is a free man again as he should be... this made me happy today.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:56 PM   #4165
Leo656
The Franchise

Does he owe you money or something?

I'unno, it's nice to see the law functioning to the letter of its written intent, sure, but I have no emotional investment in it. Just that I once took a class, I learned how certain things work (or are supposed to work), and when I see them play out as I was taught they're meant to it just means the system is functioning, and that's nice. But I don't especially care about the guy, he probably should have stayed home.

He accidentally took a few really horrible people off the board with his actions, though, so maybe it was all just Serendipity.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:59 PM   #4166
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
D But I don't especially care about the guy, he probably should have stayed home.

He accidentally took a few really horrible people off the board with his actions, though, so maybe it was all just Serendipity.
kind of how I feel about the whole thing. most sensible people don't go to play casey jones in real life. they try to avoid the trouble.

but there are 3 less horrible people in the world. so, win win, I guess?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:33 PM   #4167
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

At least Casey would have used a bat instead of automatically dialing it up to 11 and blowing holes in people.

I haven't really had much to say about it as I never paid that close of attention and didn't really care what became of him either way, but he aught to have kept away from there instead of using it as a chance to go play with his gun in someone else's community. Hope his parents live in shame that they didn't raise him smarter than that.

Quote:
Does he owe you money or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Clearly that's a different case. I wasn't referring to those kinds of situations.
Not really, because standing by someone and putting up with it was the point, that it's hardly just a thing that men do and most women don't just run off. Not unless someone is really bad at picking them and always choose the type that would.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:59 PM   #4168
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
At least Casey would have used a bat instead of automatically dialing it up to 11 and blowing holes in people.

I haven't really had much to say about it as I never paid that close of attention and didn't really care what became of him either way, but he aught to have kept away from there instead of using it as a chance to go play with his gun in someone else's community. Hope his parents live in shame that they didn't raise him smarter than that.
True but in real life, Casey woulda been shot to death on his first night out. Not condoning this kid's actions, but if anyone were crazy enough to go out and put the law into their hands, a bat and some golf clubs isn't gonna cut it.

His family lived there, so it was his community. They should be glad their kid survived an attack by 3 punks.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-19-2021, 11:03 PM   #4169
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
The silver lining of the situation being... even though he had no way of knowing it in advance, the people he shot kinda deserved to have holes blown in them, so... hooray for the universe working through him, I guess?

I mean, he killed a pedo, even if by accident. Let's at LEAST be happy about THAT part, eh? Always, ALWAYS look for an upside!
-------------------

Anyways, we had a great time at the movies and "Ghostbusters" was fantastic. We had a big hug and cried when it was over, very moving. So there's that. Good day today.

...and the dog fell asleep on me. Again.

Old 11-21-2021, 02:48 PM   #4170
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

My lord...I finally found them. I really wasn't sure if I'd ever see them again, fearing that they might have disappeared via someone else's hands.

Was in the attic trying to find my mom's suitcase for her (for the trip I'm left out of ) and in the process of only finding and managing to pull out my suitcase (that I offered for her to borrow), I caught sight of the edge of my old figure case.

I was never allowed to have big collections of things the way some kids were, but finally, I've relocated my original meager collection. Plus a few little random add-ons I left in the case. My giant Turtle is still missing plus a few books, but I'm grateful to have finally located these guys.

But for now they're just drying after a good bath. Sadly, as I feared, they've got that stickiness so many of them got over time, but it is what it is. The thing I'm rather surprised at is that the rubbery life preserver on the back of the Sewer Spitting Lifeguard Leo is still totally soft. You'd think that would have dried up in the attic heat. However... a spot of the tray in the case melted against it. o.O Can't get that of, but at least it's hidden in the back of him.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:56 AM   #4171
Leo656
The Franchise

Haha, spiffy.

Here's some cleaning tips for figures; maybe you know them, maybe not, but anyways, here:

- Soak in hot water mixed with regular dish detergent
- Scrub each figure thoroughly with an old toothbrush
- Rinse in clean water or under the sink
- To remove any lingering sticky residue, take a Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover and go over the figure. Avoid any painted parts as the paint will be stripped off, but all the regular molded parts (body, arms and legs, etc.) will be fine.
- Rinse in clean water

I let mine air dry but a good once-over with a soft lint-free rag shouldn't hurt either. Sometimes a little soap sticks to the figure so a quick wipe takes care of it.

Good deal! I love finding my old stuff again.
---------------------

Dogs are getting along great, everyone else doing fine too. Just that one bad day but we've all moved on. A buddy of mine is gonna come out with us to see Ghostbusters this weekend. So things are going pretty good.

Old 11-22-2021, 12:10 PM   #4172
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Speaking of figures, I finally found a Kan'U Unchou figure that didn't break the bank. She must be the most desired woman in her show IkkiTousen cause some of her figures can up to over a thousand.

Found her for 50 bucks. Might not be her traditional outfit, but it's a start. I'll keep looking. And yes, I know the dress is removable, I'm keeping that on. Only thing I don't like is she's literally leaning on the stand, as in it's not attached or anything. I have to remember that whenever I move her so I don't get caught off guard when the stand falls or whatever and make me accidentally drop the figure.

It's the little things in life y'know? Also happy to find out my job is now officially Work at Home for good. Gonna be buying that treadmill early next year.

Edit- Also just got the King of Fighters 94 and 95 soundtrack in the mail today! That'll be fun to listen to after work tonight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KanuFigure.jpg (43.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 11-22-2021 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:45 PM   #4173
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Haha, spiffy.

Here's some cleaning tips for figures; maybe you know them, maybe not, but anyways, here:

- Soak in hot water mixed with regular dish detergent
- Scrub each figure thoroughly with an old toothbrush
- Rinse in clean water or under the sink
- To remove any lingering sticky residue, take a Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover and go over the figure. Avoid any painted parts as the paint will be stripped off, but all the regular molded parts (body, arms and legs, etc.) will be fine.
- Rinse in clean water

I let mine air dry but a good once-over with a soft lint-free rag shouldn't hurt either. Sometimes a little soap sticks to the figure so a quick wipe takes care of it.

Good deal! I love finding my old stuff again.
Thanks for the tips. I did use dish soap, though luckily I took pretty good care of them as a kid, so they are still in good shape and no real scrubbing needed, just a quick hand wash. A mouse had clearly enjoyed living in the case at some point in the attic, so that was the biggest reason.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:05 PM   #4174
Leo656
The Franchise

The dogs are getting more and more used to each other. We already took them out on TWO walks together today - Riley's usually only good for one - and they're getting along great.

Zoe's also having fun making friends with all the other dogs in the neighborhood... including Sasha! Sasha came to the fence today and I sh*t you not, for an entire 45 minutes Zoe was barking NON-STOP at the fence, whimpering and whining because she wanted to get to Sasha and play with her SO badly. Her mouth was all foamy and she was drooling everywhere from barking so frantically for so long. Sasha barked back for a while, then got bored, so she just laid down in the grass right next to the fence like "Whatever, you go ahead and knock yourself out, I'll be right here." And every now and then she'd just look up at Zoe like, "You done yet?" And Zoe just kept barking and whimpering and racing back and forth along the fence trying to find a way to get through. This went on non-stop for almost a full hour. Riley came out a couple times but all the barking was driving him nuts so he went inside to lay down.

The next door neighbors also got a new dog, so when they came out Zoe was going crazy at THAT fence trying to go play with them, too. Zoe LOVES other dogs, she gets so upset when she can't play with them. Even though they all get a bit scared because she's HUGE. Seeing her get so mad at the fence is kinda funny though.

Riley's getting pretty relaxed around her AND he's had a lot more energy the last few days. Sometimes it's tough to get him to go outside, sometimes he just stands there staring at you like a doofus, but now whenever she goes out he wants to go out with her. And as long as there's no toys in the yard they get along great out there by themselves. They're precious!

Old 11-23-2021, 10:28 PM   #4175
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Seeing Cam Clarke continuing to be a sweet, classy, and humble man made me happy. I’m glad that he is so thankful to his fans and that he loves kids.

https://fb.watch/9txheN3u3R/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:12 PM   #4176
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

There's a house I go past when going to one of my accounts each week that has stone columns on either side of the end of the driveway and a fancy light on top of each. (Mind you, these are not even big houses, I guess they just want to look fancy.) They had put those big furry Halloween spiders (those inexpensive ones everyone has with the bendy legs) on them last month clinging to the lights.

Last week I was commenting to myself when I went past that they still hadn't gotten around to taking them down. When I went by yesterday...they'd put Santa hats on the spiders.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:39 PM   #4177
Leo656
The Franchise

The neighbors with the German Shepherd got two more dogs, a Mastiff and a black and white Border Collie! They came to the fence yesterday and Zoe got to meet them!

Sh*t's crazy over here lately. At least four houses including ours all got new dogs within the past couple weeks. Sh*t's wild!

Old 12-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #4178
Leo656
The Franchise

Things are going great with the dogs. They had a rough scrap a couple days after Thanksgiving; wife's parents were cutting up what was left of the turkey and getting ready to throw out the carcass, and they foolishly had both dogs in the kitchen as they were doing that. As you might imagine, they were both a bit overstimulated by the smell of turkey all over the room, so Riley growled at Zoe and nipped at her chin to try and be all dominant, so she was like "YO, who you f*ckin' with?" and just ragdolled him onto the ground, stood on him and started barking right in his face. It was kinda scary; he's never really been in that situation so he was whining and begging mercy pretty bad. We got them separated really fast and he took off for his closet, shaking like a leaf. Poor little guy; still, he did kinda start it. It seemed like they both got over it pretty fast; like an hour later they were walking around outside together, sharing the water bucket and stuff. But after that Riley was really, really shook up for a few days and he'd go out of his way to avoid her. Which was sad because Zoe does really love him and is always trying to go wherever he is.

But little by little it got better over the last few days, and today has been especially good so far. He's still really wary whenever he knows she's around but he's not actively avoiding her anymore, and they've gotten back to sniffing each other and being okay next to each other. We've still been walking them together even when he was avoiding her so that probably helped, too.

Zoe's also been making friends with all the neighbors' dogs. Sasha and the other dogs she lives with have been coming by the fence a LOT more ever since we got Zoe, which is a little weird but whatever. They really get along, although I feel bad because Riley seems almost bored with Sasha now. All the barking drives him a little nuts, though, that much I can tell. He's a little guy, all these big dogs and their big barks makes him a bit edgy.

But it's been three weeks today since we got Zoe and other than like three or four incidents everything's been really great. She still sleeps in bed with us, and I constantly catch her watching over us while we're "asleep", making sure we're okay. If I wake up coughing or something, she comes over and presses her head on me and gives me a bunch of kisses to make sure I'm okay. Or like she'll crawl on her belly across the bed to get to you and then just drop her paws and her face on your chest and sigh, and then fall asleep like that. She's nuts, but she's great.

She's a little food thief, though. So far I'm the only one she hasn't gotten anything from yet, because I keep my food out of her reach. Last week she stole a whole pot of soup right off the stove, and this morning she stole my wife's sandwich. I mean, she shouldn't do that, but we were told upfront not to leave food unsupervised where she could get to it because she's crafty like that. So it's whatever.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:56 PM   #4179
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hardest time of the year, practically tripping over people trying to get my work done while they are shopping the Christmas cards, getting in my way (and I guess via versa, but they aren't the ones trying to get work done in a time limit) and some of them having no manners and tearing it up right in front of me... but interacting with people trying to find the right one for someone is usually a positive experience.

One of my faves of the day was an older-ish guy trying to find a good card for his wife. According to him, she doesn't really care much about opening cards, but he's old fashioned like that and always gets her one. He first considered a funny card, but then showed me the card he found that he thought was perfect and started to read it out loud, but stopped when he started to choke up. One time she gave him a lot of gifts for Christmas -- most of them were socks. Seems it often goes that way, but it's their thing, in a good way. Another time she gave him big box that contained... shower curtains "because we need them." She's apparently a very practical minded professor. He... dressed very casually in clothes that seem a bit worn... a lawyer. Who I think said he was headed to work afterward. To look at and talk to him in a Dollar Tree I'd have never guessed. You just never know.

If only I could tell her that her husband choked up over that card in the store... Everyone needs a spouse like that.
Old 12-12-2021, 05:47 PM   #4180
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

There was a transformer I have been wanting Kingdom Tigatron and for 2 months I have been checking amazon and nothing but scalper sellers.

I checked just a few minutes ago and I found one on Amazon Warehouse deal for $20.88 I never clicked add to cart faster in my life.