The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-06-2021, 12:55 AM   #421
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I am primarily expressing my complete dissatisfaction with the current pacing of the ongoing narrative. The progression is moving excessively quick, to the point that plot/sub-plot revelations feel more like forgotten footnotes than actual, important moments that lead to character/storyline development.

I know that Horikoshi wants to end the manga as soon as possible. I know that he's growing weary, at least in terms of work output.

Still, I feel like the story has become too ... condensed. Starting with the Shie Hassaikai Arc, the plot became increasingly convoluted and disheveled.

I hope that he has a proper ending in mind.

Spoiler:

With that being said, I am still disillusioned with the traitor plotline.

Up until this point, the character was portrayed as comic-relief fodder. The current portrayal of said character feels ... tonally and emotionally off. Furthermore, their motivation/reasoning ( for the betrayal ) makes little sense, and their reaction ( to being exposed ) just comes across as melodramatic.

Personally, I feel that the story fatigue wasn't worth ... that.

I just hope that the traitor doesn't become another
Goro Akechi.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 12-06-2021 at 01:08 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 04:58 PM   #422
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I am primarily expressing my complete dissatisfaction with the current pacing of the ongoing narrative. The progression is moving excessively quick, to the point that plot/sub-plot revelations feel more like forgotten footnotes than actual, important moments that lead to character/storyline development.

I know that Horikoshi wants to end the manga as soon as possible. I know that he's growing weary, at least in terms of work output.

Still, I feel like the story has become too ... condensed. Starting with the Shie Hassaikai Arc, the plot became increasingly convoluted and disheveled.

Spoiler:

Up until this point, the character was portrayed as comic-relief fodder. The current portrayal of said character feels ... tonally and emotionally off. Furthermore, their motivation/reasoning ( for the betrayal ) makes little sense, and their reaction ( to being exposed ) just comes across as melodramatic.

Goro Akechi.

I can completely agree with the speed of things. I wish the American Number one was around a bit longer. She was awesome. I am guessing the author wrote himself into a corner so wanted to resolve some of that corner with that.

I do it ends good too. The first movie 'stole' his end plot (what we are seeing now pretty much).

Spoiler:
It probably owuld have been better if he just abandoned and forgot the traitor plot. It feels like its just in there to wrap it up more then naught
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:53 AM   #423
Allio
Foot Elite

Just finished Teppu. Damn, despite what felt like rushed ending it was a pretty good MMA manga. All the girls were pretty good.
Old 01-07-2022, 05:05 PM   #424
Allio
Foot Elite

Started a new series with an interesting history. The series is called Birdy the Mighty. It’s an 80’s manga that the creator dropped after 7 chapter/1 volume, but in the early 2000’s brought it back again with a reboot, gone on for over 200 chapters and has even started on a sequel series.
Old 01-09-2022, 06:52 AM   #425
Allio
Foot Elite

So just finished season 5 of the Tenchi Muyo OVA.

while mainly was set up for Kenshi being sent for the War on Geminar series, and suffered for a lot of “Light novel” only characters, I enjoyed OVA 5 better than both 3 and 4.

we also got to see the daughters of Ryoko and Aeka, and we learn that Ryo-Ohki is pregnant.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:51 AM   #426
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

In light of the Scott Pilgrim anime adaption, I feel that the future of the anime industry is nigh.

Personally, I believe that Eastern and Western animation will slowly intersect with one another. Eventually, the audience won't be able to distinguish them.

The definition of "anime" will become broader and looser.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:56 PM   #427
Allio
Foot Elite

Good thing there will always be a difference.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:57 PM   #428
Allio
Foot Elite

Finally saw the Heaven’s lost property: Finale film.

It’s weird. I like the film and find that it’s adapts the chapters it’s telling well, but the fact it ends on Ikaros’ death and doesn’t even adapt the last two chapters that ends the series. And that’s not even getting into the fact it glosses over two major character deaths.

I would hate to be the person that just knows the series by the anime only.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:55 PM   #429
Allio
Foot Elite

So I got the Evangelion collector’s edition. Wasn’t expecting it to be large. While I have never had a laser disc themselves, I imagine that the Laser disc covers are 1:1.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:17 PM   #430
Allio
Foot Elite

Finished Evangelion and “End of Evangelion” and really enjoyed it. Gonna give it a week and then watch the Rebuild films.
Old 03-03-2022, 04:04 AM   #431
Allio
Foot Elite

3 new manga I’m reading

Seeking with Death. An “urban legend” horror story where you discover a video uploaded that presents your future death. It was fine at the beginning but once it tries to explain that it isn’t paranormal it lost me.

Killing Morph. Has a unique set up. It’s a slasher story where the killer himself uses the “killer in two places at once” cliche and is able to literally be in multiple places at once, killing many from the safety behind police bars.

Dolly Kill Kill. This falls into a category of manga that’s kind of uncommon that would be described as “apocalypse manga but instead of zombies, it’s something strange” with some titles having Giant Goldfish, Giant Chickens, Theme Park Mascots or Buddha Statues (with BDSM GEAR). This one I kind of like because the monsters in particular have their own personality instead of falling into the “zombie hive mind”
Old 03-08-2022, 09:53 PM   #432
Allio
Foot Elite

So something funny happened tonight

So I’m having dinner tonight and this guy next to my table comes up to us and he recognizes me from going to school with him (it’s been forever, so I don’t recognize him.)

So the guy introduces and tells me that he was someone that was a jerk to me about liking anime and One Piece (doesn’t bother me) and tonight he wanted to thank me because now One Piece is his and his son’s favorite show to watch.

It was pretty nice.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:35 AM   #433
Allio
Foot Elite

So the creator of Zatch Bell/ Gash Bell has officially started self publishing a sequel to the series. It starts off interestingly as a group is apparently killing off all of the demons in the demon world.
Old 05-07-2022, 04:40 PM   #434
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Spoiler:

Goro Akechi.

Yeah, I found the traitor reveal to be extremely disappointing, and I basically agree with you on all counts here. I'll probably stay with this series 'til the end, but I think it'll end with a whimper, not a bang. Sadly, I think the harassment campaigns really took a mental toll on Horikoshi, and is a huge part of why he wants to wash his hands of this show, so I feel a lot of the blame is on the rabid sect of the fanbase.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 05:07 PM   #435
Allio
Foot Elite

Just glad vigilantes looks like to be finishing on a strong note. It feels like we won’t be having no more than 5 chapters left.
Old 05-07-2022, 08:21 PM   #436
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Yeah, I found the traitor reveal to be extremely disappointing, and I basically agree with you on all counts here. I'll probably stay with this series 'til the end, but I think it'll end with a whimper, not a bang. Sadly, I think the harassment campaigns really took a mental toll on Horikoshi, and is a huge part of why he wants to wash his hands of this show, so I feel a lot of the blame is on the rabid sect of the fanbase.

I agree. Hopefully, Horikoshi-sensei will be able to rest well afterwards.

Spoiler:

Also, the traitor reveal was supposed to occur in either volumes nine or ten.

It makes me wonder why he waited until the final act ...

Old 05-08-2022, 06:19 AM   #437
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I agree. Hopefully, Horikoshi-sensei will be able to rest well afterwards.

Spoiler:

Also, the traitor reveal was supposed to occur in either volumes nine or ten.

It makes me wonder why he waited until the final act ...

I think something happened during the creative process that prevented him from doing it. Maybe his editors told him to save it for the end? Maybe he changed his mind? Who knows.

I feel really bad for the man. He got cancelled at least three times by rabid fans who misinterpreted his actions and made assumptions that he was a Nazi. I can't blame him for wanting to wash his hands of the series.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:22 AM   #438
Allio
Foot Elite

Anyone remember Monster Rancher? Well after not having a new game in 14 years (aside from last years remakes) it is getting a (technical) sequel in a collab between it and Ultraman

Old 07-02-2022, 06:15 AM   #439
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Anybody here fans of the anime, Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun?

I'm going to guess "no", but I figured it was worth a shot.
Old 07-02-2022, 06:30 AM   #440
Allio
Foot Elite

Haven’t watched the anime, but read the manga. Really enjoyed it. Has a great ensemble of characters where I don’t feel like anyone hasn’t gotten overshadowed unlike most other Shounen series.