The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-23-2021, 05:15 PM   #3381
neatoman
Emperor

Well I have personally compared Hob to Magneto but with the descriptor of Dumb Thug Magneto rather than just Magneto. I think the difference between Magneto and Hob is that Magneto actually understands his problems and can win over allies with arguments and offers, Hob on the other hand just seems too stupid to understand what he wants and needs, while also completely failing to gain proper allies. The mutanimals basically consists of mutants who either joined him because there weren't any viable options or because he personally mutated them to join him. His recruitment attempt of Leatherhead failed because he lost his cool and would rather throw a grenade at him than ever entertaining the notion he doesn't have a place in the natural world, even for the purpose of arguing against it. That and expecting the mutation of thousands of unwilling people would work out in the longrun just seems like signs of stupidity, not Bebop and Rocksteady stupid but more like Eric Cartman stupid, in that he's smart enough to smart enough to formulate plans but not smart enough to fully consider the consequences, reconsider the plan or even reflect on the previous mistakes.

Is he meant to be stupid? Obviously not extremely stupid or obviously stupid but like a little dumber than most people?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:27 PM   #3382
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I was thinking about when they first introduced Old Hob in the very first issue and how he played such integral role in what happened to Raphael when they first mutated. I almost want to see Hob finally get his comeuppance for that, but in a very unexpected way. Instead of it being Raphael who lashes out, make it Michelangelo, who's angry at Hob for taking his brother from them so early on in their new life as mutant turtles. Mikey get so angry he nearly kills Hob, but then Raphael stops him, just like Leo stopped Raphael back in #4

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 02:36 PM   #3383
Lukenstein
New Recruit

Hello Bobby! Just a few questions.

1) I was wondering, will Tom Waltz ever come back to write the main ongoing series after The Last Ronin? If the ongoing keeps going for the foreseeable future, I feel like the writers will change one day after Sofie has done her run.

2) Will Mateus Santolouco come back to draw some issues? He’s my favorite artist on the series.

3) In the main series, will we get to see Armaggon and Wingnut and Kavaxis and Muckman (heck, maybe Irma and the channel 6 crew, maybe even add in Tiger Claw) and other classic characters before the comic ends? This is the definitive TMNT after all, in my opinion and it’d also be awesome to see them after so long. Would Sofie be interested in bringing them in at some point? Seems like there’s still so much she or another writer could do after the status quo changes, to satiate long time fans.

Last edited by Lukenstein; 05-30-2021 at 02:56 PM.
Lukenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #3384
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukenstein View Post
Hello Bobby! Just a few questions.

1) I was wondering, will Tom Waltz ever come back to write the main ongoing series after The Last Ronin? If the ongoing keeps going for the foreseeable future, I feel like the writers will change one day after Sofie has done her run.

2) Will Mateus Santolouco come back to draw some issues? He’s my favorite artist on the series.

3) In the main series, will we get to see Armaggon and Wingnut and Kavaxis and Muckman (heck, maybe Irma and the channel 6 crew, maybe even add in Tiger Claw) and other classic characters before the comic ends? This is the definitive TMNT after all, in my opinion and it’d also be awesome to see them after so long. Would Sofie be interested in bringing them in at some point? Seems like there’s still so much she or another writer could do after the status quo changes, to satiate long time fans.
Hey Luke, Tom will be back writing late this year, or early next, though I don't think on the ongoing. Maybe one day!

No plans for more Mateus anytime soon, I know he's working on creator-owned stuff. But I keep in contact with him, I'd certainly love to see him do more TMNT one day!

We saw Wingnut at least in a Bebop and Rocksteady mini. As for the rest, it all depends on the writers! I've never been interested in dictating that character X needs to appear at a certain time or anything like that. But if it makes sense for the story, i'd be down to see those characters!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:51 PM   #3385
neatoman
Emperor

How far along is the scripts for the last two issues of Last Ronin? I'm currently operating on the assumption the actual scripts are done and it's mostly the artwork that is taking a while, would this be correct?
Hahahaha!
Old 06-02-2021, 10:37 AM   #3386
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Kevin has a very unusual method of working. The "road map" has been done from the beginning, but things are constantly adjusting as we go, and it's a little different on every issue/project. Sometimes new pages or scenes or added. So it's a little difficult to give a clear cut answer to that seemingly simple question!
Old 06-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #3387
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Kevin has a very unusual method of working. The "road map" has been done from the beginning, but things are constantly adjusting as we go, and it's a little different on every issue/project. Sometimes new pages or scenes or added. So it's a little difficult to give a clear cut answer to that seemingly simple question!
Bobby, idk how much you can speak to this, but are you getting any impression that The Last Ronin's success is having any impact on the way Nick/Viacom are looking at the license?
I understand that the company can't chase the success of a comic over a movie or something, but I imagine that it could still be eye-opening.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:11 PM   #3388
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Question for Tom Waltz

I noticed you been doing these G.I. Joe comics for IDW. Have you guys ever thought of doing a G.I. Joe x TMNT crossover?

It might be cool to see the Turtles teaming up with a fellow ninja like Snake Eyes, and I could see Storm Shadow with the Shredder.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:57 AM   #3389
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Bobby, idk how much you can speak to this, but are you getting any impression that The Last Ronin's success is having any impact on the way Nick/Viacom are looking at the license?
I understand that the company can't chase the success of a comic over a movie or something, but I imagine that it could still be eye-opening.
I haven't heard anything specific like that, but that's not surprising to me. Keep in mind we're working on things years in advance and i'm sure that's even a longer process for other media. So the success of things like Jennika and Ronin likely wouldn't translate into other media for a while. But if I had to guess, it'll have a ripple effect down the road for sure.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:14 PM   #3390
Mr. Orange
Random Punk

Not sure if this is the place to ask - but do we know if we're getting another TMNT/Power Rangers crossover?
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #3391
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange View Post
Not sure if this is the place to ask - but do we know if we're getting another TMNT/Power Rangers crossover?
Nothing official, but I know the first one did well and comics tends to chase things that do well!
Old 06-03-2021, 05:25 PM   #3392
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Hi, Bobby. I was wondering what the liver spots were on Michelangelo from the back of his head down to his shoulders in The Last Ronin 'current day' scenes. It reminds me of the film trilogy from the 1990s.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:43 PM   #3393
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

With regard to the original notes/symopsis/outline of "The Last Ronin," can you give some guesstimation as to what % was Peter and what % was Kevin, originally?

Also, in the finished product coming out today (so far), has that % both ways remained fairly consistent in it (i.e., have things significantly been "lost" or "altered" from that original document on either the Kevin or Peter side, or collectively)?

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-03-2021 at 08:01 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:09 AM   #3394
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
With regard to the original notes/symopsis/outline of "The Last Ronin," can you give some guesstimation as to what % was Peter and what % was Kevin, originally?

Also, in the finished product coming out today (so far), has that % both ways remained fairly consistent in it (i.e., have things significantly been "lost" or "altered" from that original document on either the Kevin or Peter side, or collectively)?
They released a Director's Cut of issue 1 which contains old notes, I gave a summary of the notes here:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=63906

In the actual series, this is what differs so far:
  • The Foot are the ones who hurt Splinter.
  • Raph drowns.
  • Leo died shortly after Splinter and Don left.
  • Casey died alongside Leo.

And of course there are a bunch of natural differences here as well, like how Casey Marie probably knew her father in the old notes. Then there are things that might differ, like how April's other kids and their father seem to have been left out entirely but we won't know for sure until everything is out.

Then there seems to be the additions. The notes make it clear that a villain had not yet been decided upon, just that it might be a member a Foot. And obviously Karai had not been created back then and the idea of her being Shredder's daughter wasn't a thing until the 4Kids show, so clearly those are additions as well.

But I doubt those are all the notes that exist, so it is possible that later down the line it shaped into something more similar to what we got, I guess?
Hahahaha!
Old 06-07-2021, 11:46 AM   #3395
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Hi, Bobby. I was wondering what the liver spots were on Michelangelo from the back of his head down to his shoulders in The Last Ronin 'current day' scenes. It reminds me of the film trilogy from the 1990s.
Some artists like to draw the TMNT with some color variation on the skin. That's about it, I think!
Old 06-07-2021, 11:48 AM   #3396
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

I couldn't speak to the original thoughts or documents, I don't know to what degree there was a back and forth between Kevin and Peter. I know Kevin has changed a good deal as he goes though the book now. It seems like most of those changes are in how scenes are executed, but I couldn't say for sure.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:54 PM   #3397
j3h
Hench Mutant

Hi,
Are the hardcover IDW complete collections going to continue after volume 13 (which collects up to issue 100 and Shredder in Hell) ? I love these editions and sincerely hope that they do in this format.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:48 AM   #3398
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Hi,
Are the hardcover IDW complete collections going to continue after volume 13 (which collects up to issue 100 and Shredder in Hell) ? I love these editions and sincerely hope that they do in this format.
Tldr, they are continuing but are likely resetting to 'phase 2 volume 1' à la the Transformers hardcovers; there's a full discussion on page 168 of this thread but nothing is set in stone at this point afaik aside from the paperback edition of Volume 1 releasing in November. We should hopefully know more about the following releases by that point though.

Last edited by hypered1; 06-09-2021 at 06:48 PM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:44 AM   #3399
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Got question for anyone, given how long she's now been in the comic, what's Jennika's last name?
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:52 AM   #3400
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I can't recall that we've ever heard it!

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz