The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Dragonball Fighter Z

Who played the open beta? I can't remember the last time i had do much fun with a fighting game. It's just wild insane fun. I was mostly using Freeza, Cell and Nappa. Kinda wish Goku Black was available but oh well. Buying this game for sure.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:41 AM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The game looks amazing, I likely won't get it until it's cheap on steam though, I just prefer the Tenkaichi type off games, I feel it fits the Dragon Ball franchise better than a traditional fighting game. Still, it looks amazing.

My only problems are only nitpicks so most won't care but, I feel that if it's a Dragon Ball Z game it should only have DBZ fighters, if it's a DB Super game then it should only have DB Super fighters. I just feel it's odd to have say Nappa vs Berus when you know the power levels are inconsistent. This is fine in games like Tenkaichi where you have pretty much every fighter, but this one that has a more limited roster it should've skipped them.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Idk about that. I for one want Kefla, Vegetto and Jiren in this.

And I've been waiting forever for a legit DBZ fighting game.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

The 8 character DLC is probably going to be a mix of Super and movie characters.

I expect Android 17 and Roshi in the DLC, if this game came out a year later after the current Super arc they probably would have been in the base roster. Now after seeing Super most people will want them in, and 17 should have been his own character to begin with.

Other than that Caulifa and Jiren/Toppo is a given, I can see them making Kale a partner for Caulifa than her own character. Then you'll probably have the usual Broly, Cooler, Bardock stuff to fill out the movie characters. Some form of Vegito is also very likely.

There are some older characters I'm surprised didn't make it in like Radditz (he's been in like almost every 3D fighter), or Dabura, but sadly there's probably no space for them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

My only problems are only nitpicks so most won't care but, I feel that if it's a Dragon Ball Z game it should only have DBZ fighters, if it's a DB Super game then it should only have DB Super fighters. I just feel it's odd to have say Nappa vs Berus when you know the power levels are inconsistent.
Why would that matter, in the Budokai and Tenkaichi games you had characters like Herucle and Vegito going at it in battle.

Back on topic the game looks pretty rad, I never played a Guilty Gear/Blaze Blue game before but this title makes me want to get into the franchise. Also here is to hoping we get Arale or Jaco

Last edited by PApagreg; 01-16-2018 at 02:58 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:36 AM   #6
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

So apparently Android 21 is going to playable however she is going to turn into some Chimera thing or something.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 01-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
So apparently Android 21 is going to playable however she is going to turn into some Chimera thing or something.

Basically a female Buu with a tail.... I'm curious how she went from point A to point B.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:14 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

They ruined a good design. I wonder if Android 21 will be made canon. 90% of the time all these new videogame characters like Dabura's sister or fusions, etc. never appears in the main series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:20 PM   #9
Sumac
Banned

The game looks absolutely stunning like other works of ASW, but I never was fan of DragonBallz and even less fun of Capcom vs-like fighting games, which this one seems to be.
So, pass for me. At least for now.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:27 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think all the "What if" characters they add to video games are cool.

I've loved cel shading since the early 00's when it started to gain traction, but then it kind of stopped. I hope this game is a huge success and other developers use celshading a lot again and of high quality.

No reason why a video game based on an animated show not use cel shading.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #11
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm impressed at how quickly those Red Ribbon Androids escalated in power between "Eighter," Super #13, Perfect Cell, and now Fem-Buu-Bot.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 01-18-2018 at 11:03 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:46 PM   #12
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They ruined a good design. I wonder if Android 21 will be made canon. 90% of the time all these new videogame characters like Dabura's sister or fusions, etc. never appears in the main series.
technically though Towa and Mira are canon in the sense they are part of DragonBall online which has story that is canon to Dragon Ball. Such as Buubie
Old 01-17-2018, 08:24 PM   #13
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I'm impressed at how quickly those Red Ribbon Androids escalated in power between "Eighter" Super #13, Perfect Cell, and now Fem-Buu-Bot.
If we are counting DBS 17 they can even go toe to toe with gods. Imagine if someone like Tien or Yamcha had cyborg implants

Last edited by PApagreg; 01-17-2018 at 08:30 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #14
Allio
Foot Elite

Gero was a genius

a stupid genius, but a genius non the less
Old 01-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #15
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Gero was a genius

Bulma could count too, the woman made a time machine for god's sake. I like to imagine in that some alternate universe she would be a Doctor Doom like figure conquering planets like Frieza but instead of power/ki she would you science
Old 01-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #16
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
If we are counting DBS 17 they can even go toe to toe with gods. Imagine if someone like Tien or Yamcha had cyborg implants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Gero was a genius

I always wondered if "Major Metallitron" was supposed to be part of the "RR Android" series or if he was just some kind of special case... like the Army needed more diversity in their leadership ranks and decided to go with machines.

View my sketch work!
Old 01-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #17
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Why does A21 have boob physics?

I always assumed the Androids were all metal, 18 being the exception after she was wished to become human. Do they have Terminator like fake skin then?
Old 01-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

I always assumed the Androids were all metal, 18 being the exception after she was wished to become human. Do they have Terminator like fake skin then?
The official backstory is that Android 17 and 18 began life as humans and were given cybernetic enhancements.
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/05/...iyama-reveals/

Quote:
This would be a great idea for a mini-arc, or a movie, or a "side story."

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 01-18-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #19
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Why does A21 have boob physics?

1. The dragon could't make her human only remove the bomb from her body
2.17/18 and possibly 21 are cyborgs not Android the reason why they are called androids is because of a translation error the were called artificial humans in the original Japanese translation.
3. Because of fanservice.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #20
AquaParade
Banned

I really enjoyed the beta for this. While it doesn't appear to have the depth of Marvel vs Capcom infinite, it handles some key aspects quite better.

Not only are the graphics a total blast, but it avoids a lot of the frustration that comes with playing MvC online. You may find yourself getting a beat down against a well-trained online opponent, but you still maintain a sense of control that is somewhat abesent when paired up against an expert player in MvC.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote