The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 09-17-2004, 07:00 PM   #1
Splinter
Radical Rat

New TMNT "Big Brawl" Figures for 2005!! (Updated)

Well it seems we're getting some really great figures coming our way in 2005. A lot of often requested figures, and some that I never thought would see the light of day is coming to toy stories near us in 2005. So far we can expect a lot of figures based on the current 'Big Brawl' storyline, including Drako, Traximus, Ultimate Ninja, and the Daimyo. So far we have pictures of the following figures being confirmed:

Drako
Traximus
Ultimate Ninja
Gen
Butterfly-Swords
Dark-Assasin
Ultimate-Daimyo

Follow the link to American Dream Comics for pictures:

http://americandreamcomics.com/index...20&itemid=4420

Update:

Today the same site updated with one of the new vehicles for 2005. Zanramons Cruiser, which appeared in the Triceraton 5-parter that opened Season 2. Does this mean we might get a Zanramon figure? I sure hope so. I also hope the goofy 'Turtle' stickers are not already on the ship.

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?catid=20&itemid=4427

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:24 PM   #2
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior

What did they do to Drako? >.<

On a lighter note, the Daimyo has an excellent design! Totally digging the hair!
Demonfox38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:34 PM   #3
Karai
Hench Mutant

*dances around* Instant mood-lifter! I'm so psyched for this new line-up!

Dude.. I'd better make room on my desk for these guys...
Old 09-17-2004, 07:44 PM   #4
Ookami Blue
Foot Soldier

Gen!!!

SWEET!!

That made my night!

Ookami Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:05 PM   #5
KROW
Rideo omnibus vobis.

Traximus and Gen look friggin' awesome.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
jestergoblin
Stone Warrior

hmmm... real hair... meh...

I hope Ultimate Ninja's arm thing can be attatched to Leo...
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:17 PM   #7
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

hey a triceraton who's horns aren't gleaming silver....but are actually ivory in color....the action button in the middle of jen's chest is kinda sad...who is butterfly swords??? the dark wariors are so gonna be the ones i buy 5 or 6 of....Daymio rox....can't wait 4 this wave!!!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:21 PM   #8
Triceraton
Foot Soldier

I never thought I'd see a Traximus figure in this line, even among the Triceratons the Prime Leader or Zog would've seemed like more logical figures. Still I'm not complaining, he looks good.

The one that doesn't is The Daimyo, rooted "real hair" is exactly the opposite of the animated style this line is going for. And also Butterfly-Swords looks weird, but then I have no idea who he is anyway yet, so maybe he's supposed to look like that.
Triceraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:24 PM   #9
KROW
Rideo omnibus vobis.

Isn't Butterfly-Swords one of the weirdos that is shown in The Big Brawl story?
Old 09-17-2004, 08:26 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
Isn't Butterfly-Swords one of the weirdos that is shown in The Big Brawl story?
must be.....but i don't remember him....wow made such a big impressio on me...now i see why playmates is makin him an action figure....he said sarcasticly...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:08 PM   #11
Triceraton
Foot Soldier

I assumed Butterfly-Swords had a large role in The Big Brawl part 2, 3, or 4, because why else would they make a figure of him? But then some on here have already seen those episodes, I'm sure they'd be able to confirm it or not.

Either way, it seems like a strange choice when there are better characters that could've filled that slot.
Triceraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:05 AM   #12
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Little Review of what I can see so far..but the thing to remember these are in the proto stages...so my final judgment will be held for when they come out and are in my hands...I mean everyone bitched about Baxter and I mean seeing this toy in person he's awsome looking to me.

Drako I don't know about this one yet.....it looks like the guys head splits open or something....it could just be the proto though....his color seems a bit off to me as well...It's been awhile but was he really that color...I thought he was green for some reason lol...and I guess I will have to wait and see if he wears that armor he's got on to be honest the toys are starting to look cheep to me and not very consistant with style.
I hate to complain with this line I love so much but they really need to keep the style of the toys consistant...either make them nice and paint the weapons well etc. or go back to the old ways and not at all....it just seems to me playmates half assz everything some times...but to be honest I sort of like the armot drako has on it's just a shame once again he's not in scale...

Traximus now see this one is wierd to me...it doesnt even look like a turtle figure to me...it looks like a triceraton but it looks like it belongs in that fisher price marvel heros kids line....he looks really short the coloring on this one is perfect...but he just seems a bit short and the paint they used seems differnt or something i don't the sculpt looks realy round or something...I like him though the more triceratons the better I always say...I still think we deserve a ZOG toy though.

Ultimate Ninja This one I like quite a bit playmates actully kinda made me want a toy of a crappy character (in my opinion anyways)...
his colors are almost perfect..not a bad sculpt at all either...nice weapon..nice masks.......but one complaint this line is starting to give me thise really cheap feeling again...I don't know what it is...perhaps the non flat plastic they are using...it's reminding me of the power rangers toys....or like a lower version of the dragon ball z toys...I don't know the line just seems to be going down in quaility.....I'd rather have a few new characters and a buncha turtles and have them all look good then a half as atempt to give us all the wierd characters at one time...I mean I don't see why the toys can't be of great quilty still...*shruggs* perhaps I'm just not one for cartoony looking toys...I'd rather have sculpts of the drawings myself...but um yea this ones a great one I bet he will be hard to find!

Gen hahahahah man this guy is great seriously! I love this toy..I can just see all the rocksteady comments now...but man this guys so much better then old rocky! I mean come one now we will have usagi & GEN!
I like it allot once again this really could have been in the old like it reminds me quite a bit of the shogun rocksteady figure I made some years ago... I'll have to post it and show you all....the only thing once again thats lacking to me again is the type of paint used and the lack of detail.
but perhaps I just need to get used to this new style...I'd say this is either the figure I want the most out of this set or the second most wanted...
oh one more thing PLAYMATES KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF WITH THE ACTION FETURES!!! THERE GETTING OUT OF HAND!

Butterfly-Swordsoh man I have no idea who the hell this guy is but he looks great hahaha I'd so (once again) love to see this guy sculpted in the old detailed old line style. great figure though love the character deisng and colors...purple is one of my fave colors so this suckers so mine...only thing I'd say would give him a cooler design is 2 more arms...this figure get's an A in my book.

Dark-Assasin *sigh* it could just be the photo..but this was one of my fave characters from this story and I am so even shocked we are getting a toy of him/them..so that's why I feel so bad about saying bad things....cause it actully makes me feel ungreatfull...so yea...once again crap plastic....to shiny for my tatse...I liked the flat and shiney mixed looks of the older figures....like making there skin flat there clothing shiny...
ok and now also this figure looks like some bad 90's toy biz figure...sure I'm sure your all jumping for joy his arms look ball jointed but did they have to make the placement look so bad....and I see he's got suction cups on his wrists... wow isn't that fun....I'd really have liked to see this guys face..to bad it's covred by something they didn't even freakin wear in the show...the weapons are fine looking....so yea this one I was the most excited about seeing.....and well now I wish I hadn't....tisk tisk I'm very sad over this one....more then any figure in the line so far.
after seeing this I'm scared as to what crap there going to do to our girl Karai

Ultimate-Daimyo omg jesus holt mother...*faints* that is the most god awfull hunt of crap I have ever seen.....seriously ok these arnt realy tmnt figures are they? they look like cheep knock offs...from some sweat shop in china trying to cash in on the newly found fame of the new tmnt...
my god this is just looking sad.

Thanks for showing us these so much splinter I mean it you had me so excited about them actully making these guys.....but my lord what a damn let down....I expect a hell of allot more from a line that been around from almost 20 (give a few) years....I like ninja turtle figures....not some cheep anime knock off of a line I really love.
this is a really sad day...the quailty of this line has just gone down the crapper...I'm trying to be nice but it's so hard when this line used to be so amazing...and now the line just looks like a bunch of toys then works of art that they once used to be.
I pray these look better in person. I really pray they do.
I thought I'd never say this but I'm very disapointed in this line
a very sad
-Vaughn Michael
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:18 AM   #13
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
-->> ..the Butter-fly Sword man.. is seen breifly in Big Brawl pt 1..

..dammm,GEN.. w0w0w0w0w0w !!

..is it just me or is there an ol' school flair to these sneek peeks ??

..i dunno.. i'm elated.. sh8t hits the fan and my jaw hits the floor !!

..now i better scoot before Split get's out the forum appreciation bat..

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:29 AM   #14
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Something that bothers me...

The figures look good, but WHERE is the articulation? I'm getting tired of the statue-like figures we keep getting. They all look great, but I'd rather they look half-decent and have half-decent articulation.

I've been so turned off of this line by this, that the only recent figures I've bought are the Ninja Action Leo and the Utrom. And I only got the latter for the Utrom (I'm glad they made him squishy ^_^)
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:58 AM   #15
Jet-ski_Ninja
Foot Soldier

I'll buy all those figures!
Old 09-18-2004, 06:26 AM   #16
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

They look decent enough, but none of them seem to have any articulation besides the bare standards. A few ball-jointed shoulder/leg joints would vastly improve the "poseability factor" of these figures. I know these things are being made first and foremost for kids, but it'd still be nice if there was a little more to them, y'know?

Ahh well. The only ones I'd actually buy are Gen and the Triceraton, anyway.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:37 AM   #17
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

These look pretty cool to me. Nothing too fancy, but at least we're getting new characters instead of variants.

The Ultimate Ninja looks cool, but while he comes with three masks, he seems to be missing the one he wears on the show! Odd.

The Daimyo is the only one that I don't like. I seriously dislike the 'real' hair, and he seems to be of very poor quality. At least his accesories are cool. I just love removable masks.

I'm just happy we're getting figs of these guys, even if they aren't too great. I hope they get rid of all the silver though.
Mecha Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:40 AM   #18
FireFly
Stone Warrior

UPDATE
we will get Zanramons Cruiser.

GROOVY

OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH

"This is bad...a pro shouldn't let the fight get personal...I should calm down and--Naaaah! I'll worry about it after I stomp a few more Cobras!" Flint, GI Joe(v-1) #53
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:57 AM   #19
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
-->> ..YEH.. IT LOOKS LIKE THE TURTES' HIJACKED THE TRICERATON SHIP BIG TIME !! GOOSIE LUCY..

..UNLESS THE TRICERATONS BEEN SMOKIN' SUMMIN' FUNNY AGAIN !!

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:07 AM   #20
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

amazing, simply amazing! I am getting all of these figures. and the triceriton vehicle. This is awsome. I like all the figures, wish I knew who Butterfly sowardmen was. Im glad they are making themed waves. Like most of the last wave was turtles in space. they say they have more news for us. I cant wait.

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote