The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 02:24 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S1 EP10b Al Be Back

Al Be Back
Albearto and his animatronic army interrupt the Turtles' first public musical gig.

Here's a clip

https://www.facebook.com/teenagemuta...0995118469812/

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:08 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Al Be Back
Albearto and his animatronic army interrupt the Turtles' first public musical gig.

Here's a clip

Two minutes huh? That's roughly one fifth of the entire episode right there.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:58 AM   #3
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Al Be Back

Here's a clip

Yeah ... I can already tell that this will be a weird one ...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:11 AM   #4
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

This one looks hilarious. Can’t wait
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #5
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Well, I thought the way Albearto returned was awesome. Leading the revolt against the humans showed his character to be a little deeper than in his debut.

I can’t be the only one pissed off about Baxter Stockboys appearance in this one. He literally had ZERO lines. It’s like this episode was supposed to air before the Halloween episodes.
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Can we just go back to the arc...

Likewise, I did like how the return happened and Baxter's involvement. Nice way to get the kid back in there and I guess he got some... code to a death machine was it?... that I'm sure we can presumably expect to see in the future.

Beyond that, what could have been made into a decent Baxter ep instead just feels like stuff happening for no real reason to care that it's happening (esp since it's thwarted so easily) and in the end the Turtles really don't do all that much.

Only part that made me laugh was when they actually tried to perform and I guess at first we see what THEY think they look like, only to jump to their real performance that was terrible.

Leo and Raph... just no. No on those wigs, no on the voice, and no on whatever the hell space sailor look Leo was going for.

Although I'm curious how he affixed the wig to his head, what with trying to do the headbanging and all.

edit: Thought Donnie and Mikey looked decent, though all together if this had been the old gimmick for toys tactic those would make for some pretty dull, not cute variants.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-01-2018 at 11:44 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #7
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Likewise, I did like how the return happened and Baxter's involvement. Nice way to get the kid back in there and I guess he got some... code to a death machine was it?... that I'm sure we can presumably expect to see in the future.

Beyond that, what could have been made into a decent Baxter ep instead just feels like stuff happening for no real reason to care that it's happening (esp since it's thwarted so easily) and in the end the Turtles really don't do all that much.

Only part that made me laugh was when they actually tried to perform and I guess at first we see what THEY think they look like, only to jump to their real performance that was terrible.

Leo and Raph... just no. No on those wigs, no on the voice, and no on whatever the hell space sailor look Leo was going for.

Although I'm curious how he affixed the wig to his head, what with trying to do the headbanging and all.

edit: Thought Donnie and Mikey looked decent, though all together if this had been the old gimmick for toys tactic those would make for some pretty dull, not cute variants.
Dance machine, actually.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:46 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Is that what it was? Well darn. Guess I expected more and missheard it. What a waste of an appearance then.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:44 AM   #9
Cowa
Random Punk

Location: I'm pretty sure I'm living somewhere inside my mind
Quote:
Agree.

Ok, another unnecessary episode. It never ceases to amaze me how gross and gore this show can be. The producers said they want to make a show their kids could watch, furthermore it was said it was aimed for young children so I was honestly expecting something less violent. Is mass suicide a thing they find reasonable for four years to watch, afterall? XD Bizarre.

Anyway. I really liked Leo's costume, it gave me this old j-rock vibes. I'm also starting to like how sassy and cocky Leo's voice actor is making him sound. The first scenes of New York citizens being touched by Splinter's sing made me laugh hard too xD, but that's all I can say about this episode.

Last edited by Cowa; 12-04-2018 at 02:57 AM.
Cowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 03:52 AM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

I think the important question here is wheter or not Baxter got the DDR high score?
Hahahaha!
Old 12-03-2018, 06:02 AM   #11
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Yeah, this episode did nothing for me.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:57 AM   #12
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Yeah, this episode did nothing for me.
Yeah, seriously.

I just saw two bears explode ...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #13
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

I was very surprised that it had the darkest ending with suicide
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:00 AM   #14
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I didn't think this episode was all that bad.
Sure it could of had a bit more structure going on but that's not how this series goes.
I really like Al Bearto and have to wonder if we haven't seen the last of him.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

Come to think of it, what would have happened if they played their soul/glam-rock/rap/techno concert in front of humans? Would they also have killed themselves?
Hahahaha!
Old 12-05-2018, 11:33 PM   #16
Ninjinister
無問題

Yeah even though they were robots, watching the lot of 'em kill themselves was pretty dark. And then there was Bayou 'Berto who regained his "mind" only to be decapitated...

Quote:
Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk735Xvu-ZU
Old 12-08-2018, 12:29 AM   #17
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Seriously when has there been a show where the Turtles sing and/or perform in a band that doesn't suck.

I mean yeah I could have seen, 2k12 Leo or maybe Donnie singing to comfort Mikey or something in a bad situation. But that still is something that should be regulated to fanfiction since one of the turtles bursting into song just pulls you out of the show.

But these guys they call themselves an eclectic band composing of Soul, Rock, Techno, and Hiphip. Those styles of music are okay on their own but not together at the same time. Though I did like the contrast between how they hear themselves and how they actually sounded. Still, it would have been better if they were a cover band and just played covers of their favorite songs and having that somehow moving all the Alberto's to shut down rather then collectively disemboweling themselves just the noise.

Though I did like seeing Splinter singing Vesti la giubba from Pagliacci. And having all the Turtles dismiss it because they aren't fans of opera.

Then, of course, the call back where Leo is reminding Donnie that he turned Alberto into a psychopathic killing machine that ended up with April losing her job. And Donnie denying that he did anything of the sort because that doesn't sound like something he would do. (Gotta love these two being Fraternal Twins in this incarnation.)
Old 12-08-2018, 01:14 AM   #18
Powder
So tired of this place

Albearto Land was mad fun, & I loved the many character off-shoots. This episode had a lot of laughs.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #19
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

I'm amused that Five Nights at Freddy's has revived interest in Showbiz Pizza enough that it is now a viable pop-culture reference. In fact, I've seen more references to Billy Bob Brocoli lately than I have to Chuck E Cheese.

Also I love the army of national stereotypes.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote