The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 04-03-2021, 12:22 AM   #1
ShadowSJG
New Recruit

Had an idea for a TMNT/Cobra Kai story

So I was watching through Cobra Kai and due to the shows vibe, I couldn't but wonder how a crossover or fic related to TMNT might work. So I started thinking of one and so far, it involves maybe a humanized TMNT(Raphael) in particular but working out details. If it sounds interesting/promising, anyone care to comment?
ShadowSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:56 AM   #2
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

well if you humanize them it kind of takes away from the crossover appeal doesn't it?

To incorporate the turtles, you'd need a good reason for why they meet since TMNT are on the east coast and CK are on the west coast. Which group is more likely to travel to the opposite coast and for what reason? If you figure that out then you have the skeleton of your plot already figured out.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:17 AM   #3
ShadowSJG
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
well if you humanize them it kind of takes away from the crossover appeal doesn't it?

To incorporate the turtles, you'd need a good reason for why they meet since TMNT are on the east coast and CK are on the west coast. Which group is more likely to travel to the opposite coast and for what reason? If you figure that out then you have the skeleton of your plot already figured out.
Late but kinda had an idea for it actually, and maybe in two forms.

So yes it involves a humanized TMNT but the premise would focus on Raph heading out to the west coast area for like a training mission/learn to control his anger and there,he acts as a vigilante dealing with crime while also interacting with the CK cast there. If you've seen the show, I had the idea of maybe him bonding with Tory as he sees a lot of himself in her regarding her anger and tries to mentor her to help her control it. While this occurs, this attracts the attention of Shredders criminal empire as he fights crime connected to that there(local purple dragon maybe) and another point, Raph's vigilante activies would make rumours/news and it attracts Kreese, who thinks his ruthlessness fits his dojo's ideals.

that was one potential idea, another is kinda generic keeping vigilante identity secret from the CK cast he befriends if you are familiar with people and like he gets close to one character(Moon) and is most afraid of her finding out cuz she's all about peace while Raph is totally violent and all with his activities.
ShadowSJG is offline   Reply With Quote