The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #3361
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby,

If we wanted to suggest "sure would be cool if you reprinted X, Y, or Z", is there a good place or person for us to submit that feedback? Given that you're not in the reprint department, and a good number of our questions sometimes involve potential reprints or announced reprints?
Old 03-09-2021, 11:32 AM   #3362
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby,

If we wanted to suggest "sure would be cool if you reprinted X, Y, or Z", is there a good place or person for us to submit that feedback? Given that you're not in the reprint department, and a good number of our questions sometimes involve potential reprints or announced reprints?
Not really-- you can write 'letters@idwpublishing.com' and clearly mark the subject as a TMNT reprint question, but I don't know how often those folks check that account.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:51 AM   #3363
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

One of Lucia's henchmutants wouldn't happened to be nicknamed mad dog McMutt?
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:54 AM   #3364
Venom
Space Knight

Bobby!

We need to get Tristan Jones and Paul Harmon back together to conclude their arc started in Tales, and if possible, a new miniseries! I don't know if you read TMNT before the sale, but they were highly lauded as a return to form for TMNT for evoking the feel or early Mirage, with a great blend of serious tone with a cool sense of humor.

Please pass on as a consideration.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:12 PM   #3365
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
One of Lucia's henchmutants wouldn't happened to be nicknamed mad dog McMutt?
Not in the script, but maybe it could be!
Old 03-17-2021, 03:13 PM   #3366
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Bobby!

We need to get Tristan Jones and Paul Harmon back together to conclude their arc started in Tales, and if possible, a new miniseries! I don't know if you read TMNT before the sale, but they were highly lauded as a return to form for TMNT for evoking the feel or early Mirage, with a great blend of serious tone with a cool sense of humor.

Please pass on as a consideration.
Yeah, it's good stuff and why I hired Tristan way back in the day! I've given the company a list of stuff we could continue. There's no plans for any of it in the foreseeable future, at least not that i'm aware of.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:03 AM   #3367
Sharman
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Yeah, it's good stuff and why I hired Tristan way back in the day! I've given the company a list of stuff we could continue. There's no plans for any of it in the foreseeable future, at least not that i'm aware of.
That is sad news but I hope the powers-that-be take note of what the fans enjoy because that was certainly one of the best TMNT stories to emerge from later Mirage.
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:02 PM   #3368
liugeaux
Hench Mutant

Hey Bobby, thanks for taking the time to sit down and reply to our monotonous questions.

Here's mine , and I'm sorry if it's been asked.

I'm loving The Last Ronin so far, it's really one of the more unique stories the franchise has ever gotten. My only real disconnect with it is the story's picking and choosing of what aspects of Turtles lore it wants to build upon. My initial interpretation of the idea was that The Last Ronin was a potential future of the Original Mirage TMNT. Being a huge fan of story hooks and follow-ups, this had me giddy.

In practice, the book takes a more "general turtles history" approach to the characters' backgrounds (something crossovers are VERY guilty of) and without the story being anchored in defined previous lore, the stakes don't seem as high as I would've hoped.

Obviously, we've only gotten two books, so this might all feel like a moot point once the story is finished, but here's my question. During the creation process, was it a conscience decision to not make this a Mirage canon book, or was the story just kinda crafted without any specific backstory in mind?

TL/DR - Why isn't it set in the Mirage or IDW universes, and is there a firm reason for this decision?
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:22 AM   #3369
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Hey Bobby, I am looking into picking up the Color Classics trades and was curious if a vol.4 with the City at War arc has been announced or is planned. I haven't follow alot of the comic stuff recently and didn't get any results on google.

I was considering getting The Works hardcovers instead since those do collect that arc in color, but with Vol.1 not available for less than $2-300 used I thought the paperbacks were the better choice. Just trying to figure out what the best choice is.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #3370
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by liugeaux View Post
Hey Bobby, thanks for taking the time to sit down and reply to our monotonous questions.

Here's mine , and I'm sorry if it's been asked.

I'm loving The Last Ronin so far, it's really one of the more unique stories the franchise has ever gotten. My only real disconnect with it is the story's picking and choosing of what aspects of Turtles lore it wants to build upon. My initial interpretation of the idea was that The Last Ronin was a potential future of the Original Mirage TMNT. Being a huge fan of story hooks and follow-ups, this had me giddy.

In practice, the book takes a more "general turtles history" approach to the characters' backgrounds (something crossovers are VERY guilty of) and without the story being anchored in defined previous lore, the stakes don't seem as high as I would've hoped.

Obviously, we've only gotten two books, so this might all feel like a moot point once the story is finished, but here's my question. During the creation process, was it a conscience decision to not make this a Mirage canon book, or was the story just kinda crafted without any specific backstory in mind?

TL/DR - Why isn't it set in the Mirage or IDW universes, and is there a firm reason for this decision?
Good question, and one that Kevin would be best suited to answer. He might have a more thoughtful answer, but I think the main reason is to keep this story easily accessible to any TMNT fan and maintain it as an evergreen title. Even if it doesn't tie into the events of another continuity, some people might feel like they need to read the other stuff and be turned off if we say it belongs to one certain continuity. But there's story reasons too-- Splinter is dead in both Mirage and IDW continuity and we needed him alive for the flashbacks of this story.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:54 PM   #3371
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
Hey Bobby, I am looking into picking up the Color Classics trades and was curious if a vol.4 with the City at War arc has been announced or is planned. I haven't follow alot of the comic stuff recently and didn't get any results on google.

I was considering getting The Works hardcovers instead since those do collect that arc in color, but with Vol.1 not available for less than $2-300 used I thought the paperbacks were the better choice. Just trying to figure out what the best choice is.
I don't know much about the reprint program but I haven't heard anything about more Color Classics, so what you see out there is likely all there's going to be for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:06 AM   #3372
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

Hey Bobby the TMNT Crossover books went over pretty well. You seem to have a good working relationship with the folks at DC. Any chance of a "Bebop and Rocksteady tear it up with Lobo" mini or one shot?
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:18 AM   #3373
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Nothing like that has been discussed but I think it's a fun idea!
Old 04-07-2021, 02:59 PM   #3374
neatoman
Emperor

Any crossovers that have been discussed? Not necessarily with DC but just in general?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:19 PM   #3375
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yes, but I can't say much more than that!
Old 04-15-2021, 04:05 AM   #3376
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Hi Bobby, I've just posted my thoughts of what I think is the correct issue order for everything post #100 on the chronology thread and was hoping to you (or Tom or Sophie) could provide any indication of it's accuracy?
Old 04-15-2021, 02:25 PM   #3377
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Hi Bobby, I've just posted my thoughts of what I think is the correct issue order for everything post #100 on the chronology thread and was hoping to you (or Tom or Sophie) could provide any indication of it's accuracy?
At a glance, seems fine!
Old 04-22-2021, 03:57 PM   #3378
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I got a question for you all.

Is Old Hob redeemable despite what he's done recently?
Old 04-23-2021, 01:02 PM   #3379
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I got a question for you all.

Is Old Hob redeemable despite what he's done recently?
My personal take? I don't think he can ever be considered a good guy, or be fully redeemed but there's likely things he could do that could mitigate the damage he's done.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:20 PM   #3380
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
My personal take? I don't think he can ever be considered a good guy, or be fully redeemed but there's likely things he could do that could mitigate the damage he's done.
There are characters that don't see themselves as the bad guy, They often see themselves as the good guy, Even if what they are doing is wrong.

Its no doubt that Old Hob has often been compared to Magneto.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz