The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-12-2021, 04:45 PM   #61
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Just in case no one saw the last trailer, here is the Youtube video.

Also, this new poster makes it seem like Disney really wants to channel Harley Quinn.

ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:00 PM   #62
Leo656
The Franchise

Pretty clearly. Dumb.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:04 PM   #63
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here are details on the various outfits that Cruella will wear throughout the movie.

Creating Cruella: Behind the seams of the high-fashion film's punk rock look

Disney also released a new TV spot.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:56 PM   #64
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The original live-action Cruella, Glenn Close, wants to do another movie with her playing the part and she has an idea for it.

https://ew.com/movies/glenn-close-cr...l-sequel-idea/
Old 05-29-2021, 05:57 AM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Watched about 2 thirds of it. Just plain wasn't feeling it. It isn't because of SJW stuff or anything. It's just super "safe" and inoffensive when it should have been a little risqué, I think. I mean, you make an origin movie for a woman that famously relishes in killing dogs but you don't really delve into that (or just barely)? Why, then? And nobody is so much as even smoking cigarettes in the *60s*?? Also when that's Cruella's whole thing? Maybe this should have been made around 2002. Or no need to bother.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 05-29-2021 at 07:28 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 03:59 PM   #66
Sumac
Banned

Well, another hallmark of modern sanitized era: you can't make protagonist even remotely controversial or usual headless suspects will scream that protagonist teaches audience something bad. Even, if that's the point of the story or / and protagonist overcomes their negative points.

Those lunatics can't see difference between reality and fiction. Or understand something deeper than childish stories with purely good and bad characters. Truly infantile debils.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:43 AM   #67
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well the no smoking thing is ridiculous but has been a thing for like two decades at least. It sucks isnce it does give characters certain characteristics. At least the late 90s live action movie did have cruella smoking

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:26 AM   #68
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I went to see this film in a theater on Saturday with my brother and best friend. I thought it was an even more entertaining and clever origin story than Maleficent. Emma Stone and Emma Thompson were perfectly cast in their parts. I also thought Horace and Jasper were amusing characters. For most of the film, it seemed that Mark Strong’s character was pointless, but without giving away too much he actually does some important things.

Spoiler:
The Baroness being Cruella’s actual mother made perfect sense. At the end when Cruella got the whistle I was expecting an exact repeat of the episode of Once Upon a Time where Cruella ordered the dogs to kill her mother, but they didn’t because you are supposed to be rooting for Cruella. So, instead the Baroness is exposed to everyone is framed for killing Estella.

I don’t know if there’s going to be a sequel, but I just don’t see Cruella wanting to make fur coats out of Dalmatians even after giving Anita and Roger Perdita and Pongo. She did even make a coat out the ones the Baroness originally owned.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:29 AM   #69
ZariusTwo
Overlord

What a load of drivel.

Either commit to a serious origin story that leaves no room for a known villain's 'redeeming' qualities, or don't make one. Women can be d*cks too.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 07:22 AM   #70
Slade
god status

Saw this up on Disney+. Seen it had a 30 dollar price tag. Decided against it.
From what I've read here. Glad I did.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:30 PM   #71
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Went to see it Friday while waiting for hubby after my Dr visit, and was actually surprised by how un-kiddy this was. No singing, very little goofiness, and kinda dark, imho. Horace and Jasper were even halfway competent as characters, and Estella/Cruella herself was fantastic! I've seen some comparisons to Joker, and I can kind of see why, but her quest for revenge being the main plot and character point seems pretty accurate for her. The fashion world aspect definitely will go over the heads of most kids, and the background of Estella makes it definitely more of an adult-oriented movie.

Overall, I loved it. I still don't quite get how she goes from a dog-owner/lover to- well, killing puppies, but I love how she transforms from the mousey girl to the flamboyant diva. And those outfits! My goddess, the costume designer deserves an Oscar. And every other costume award out there. Brilliant use of colors, materials, and concepts. Also, setting it at the beginning of London's punk scene was an interesting choice. Genius!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:45 PM   #72
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I still don't quite get how she goes from a dog-owner/lover to- well, killing puppies
I've only read about it - no way I'm ever watching this thing - but based on the stuff I've read there's no way this is "canon" with the original 101 Dalmatians. This is some kinda tangent universe where Cruella is some kind of misunderstood anti-hero/victim of circumstance; no way this same character later morphs into a murderous puppy-skinning dog-napper for whatever flimsy reason.

Just what the world needed, a "101 Dalmatians" Multiverse. F*cking Disney, man.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:58 PM   #73
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I've only read about it - no way I'm ever watching this thing - but based on the stuff I've read there's no way this is "canon" with the original 101 Dalmatians. This is some kinda tangent universe where Cruella is some kind of misunderstood anti-hero/victim of circumstance; no way this same character later morphs into a murderous puppy-skinning dog-napper for whatever flimsy reason.

You can say the same thing about the Maleficent movies, They turned her into an anti-hero in those movies.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:06 PM   #74
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Oh, she was plenty murderous, alright. Almost committed murder herself here. Had her first taste of dog-napping, too. The fact she didn't actually go through with killing them (which it was even implied she had for a bit) is just more a matter of how far she was willing to go. Like she hadn't quite crossed that line YET. But was thoroughly on her way to embracing that sadistic side. Anti-hero? Hardly. She fully admits to being bad, and makes no excuses or apologies. She even revels in it. She just hadn't quite gone THAT far. (Again, she HAD a dog, and even ended up with the ones she stole!)

Old 06-06-2021, 10:26 PM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Oh, she was plenty murderous, alright. Almost committed murder herself here.
Almost committing murder isn't anything. And it wasn't even that. She never even contemplated murder in this.

Quote:
Had her first taste of dog-napping, too. The fact she didn't actually go through with killing them (which it was even implied she had for a bit)
Only in the sense that we've all seen 101 Dalmations and expect that the next scene after Young Cruella kidnaps the dogs that arguably killed her mother... would be the dogs getting snuffed out. It never happens and isn't so much as alluded to.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:19 AM   #76
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Would they even allow dog murder in today's 'PETA will file a complaint' world?

I did hear some of the Twitter crazies try hard to make this movie their feminist Joker movie.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:38 AM   #77
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Almost committing murder isn't anything. And it wasn't even that. She never even contemplated murder in this.

Only in the sense that we've all seen 101 Dalmations and expect that the next scene after Young Cruella kidnaps the dogs that arguably killed her mother... would be the dogs getting snuffed out. It never happens and isn't so much as alluded to.

Are you sure we were watching the same movie? She almost called the dogs on their own owner! Or did you not wonder why she swiped the whistle? Just because she changed her mind and didn't go through with it doesn't mean she didn't contemplate it. She absolutely did. And yeah it WAS implicitly stated both by the Baroness and by the media (newspaper headlines) that they thought she HAD "turned them into a coat"! And her orders to Jasper to get the (spoiler) out of the dog any way he had to was pretty much meant to make it seem like they did, since she shows up in the spotted coat at the party in the very next scene. Wasn't hard to figure out that it was intended to show that everyone was supposed to THINK she did!

Old 06-07-2021, 09:39 PM   #78
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

There are already plans for a sequel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ne-1234963423/
Old 06-17-2021, 07:07 PM   #79
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm watching the movie right now on 2x speed, and this is some dull movie. It feels like they're trying to make a british version of the Princess Diaries or something, with Cruella being a part-time thief like Catwoman.

Even the 2x speed option isn't saving this. I can't imagine sitting through this 2h and 17 minute movie at normal speed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:49 AM   #80
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

After Scarlett Johansson sued Disney for the hybrid theatrical and Disney+ Premier Access of Black Widow, Emma Stone is considering doing the same thing since this movie had the same kind of release.

https://thedisinsider.com/2021/07/30...gainst-disney/

Tags
101 sjws, disney's cuckella