The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #81
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'll take one for the team and say what needs to be done.

The kids who watched Iron Man in theaters when they were 10 years old will be legal adults who can vote and buy cigarettes by the time Infinity Wars comes out.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #82
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You're only saying that because he has those bomb-ass goggles!

And, I guess, the fact that he's faster than bullets.
And because he contributes. And because he's not annoying. And because he's charming. And because his scenes are dope.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:46 PM   #83
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Of course, we don't like to remember the OTHER Quicksilver sequence...

TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #84
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Of course, we don't like to remember the OTHER Quicksilver sequence...

http://www.urdogs.com/wp-content/upl...06/pizaaaa.png
That scene was 50% of everything good in Apocalypse. Pizza dog!!!

EDIT:

Oh, and screw you, Havoc. Quicksilver never forgave you for stealing his last bag of Cool Ranch Doritos...
Old 04-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #85
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
And because he contributes. And because he's not annoying. And because he's charming. And because his scenes are dope.
You are too kind! I knew that you thought I was cool despite my 1987 cartoon is the backbone of which the frachise must have thrive schick. You are mighty kind,sir!

Btw, what is the third film likely to titled?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #86
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

What the **** are you talking about?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #87
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
What the **** are you talking about?
Just being funny. That is all.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #88
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
That scene was 50% of everything good in Apocalypse. Pizza dog!!!
What was the other 50%?

I just thought that scene was silly. The entire X-mansion has like 10 milliseconds to live, and Quicksilver happens to show up at just the right moment, but at the same time isn't able to save Havoc. It's just such bizarre writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
You are too kind! I knew that you thought I was cool despite my 1987 cartoon is the backbone of which the frachise must have thrive schick. You are mighty kind,sir!

Btw, what is the third film likely to titled?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #89
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
What was the other 50%?
Thinking back... Cyclops in school, and Mystique rescuing Nightcrawler from the cage fight.

That is literally all I liked about that movie. About 20 minutes of material, if that.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #90
TheSkeletonMan939

Wow, you enjoyed it more than me then. Well, I guess I enjoyed the entire film in the same way one enjoys Spider-Man 3 - laughing at its complete absurdity. I really liked the part where they teleported onto the helicopter and then immediately wished they hadn't, because the writers couldn't think of a better way to get them to the Weapon-X facility.

Even the main titles sequence was weird.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:43 PM   #91
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Wow, you enjoyed it more than me then. Well, I guess I enjoyed the entire film in the same way one enjoys Spider-Man 3 - laughing at its complete absurdity. I really liked the part where they teleported onto the helicopter and then immediately wished they hadn't, because the writers couldn't think of a better way to get them to the Weapon-X facility.

Please, please, please don't say that you enjoyed the movie less than I did. I'm probably being too generous with that 20 minutes estimate.

Would people more familiar with the movie say 10 minutes? 5 minutes a scene seems much more reasonable than 10 minutes... the Mystique rescue wasn't very long at all.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #92
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:

Spider-Man 3 's problem is simple. It was too much to juggle. One one hand you have the natural story Raimi wanted to tell which featured Sandman as the true killer of Uncle Ben. This incorporated the black suit. Yet it was not to become Venom until a fourth film. Two films were shoehorned into one and it still left plots dangling like the whole marriage proposal thing. Harry sudden forcing MJ into a relationship was odd and the John Travolta inspired strut was unitentional comedy. It was catering to creative team and fan demands and it resulted into Spider-Man 3. Amazing Spider-Man 2 did nearly the same thing and was not nearly as interesting. I would argue the speed up Green Goblin/Harry bit that lead to Gwen's inevitable fate was much less cohesive than Venom/Eddie and Harry's fate and not nearly as interesting.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #93
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Spider-Man 3 's problem is simple. It was too much to juggle. One one hand you have the natural story Raimi wanted to tell which featured Sandman as the true killer of Uncle Ben. This incorporated the black suit. Yet it was not to become Venom until a fourth film. Two films were shoehorned into one and it still left plots dangling like the whole marriage proposal thing. Harry sudden forcing MJ into a relationship was odd and the John Travolta inspired strut was unitentional comedy. It was catering to creative team and fan demands and it resulted into Spider-Man 3. Amazing Spider-Man 2 did nearly the same thing and was not nearly as interesting. I would argue the speed up Green Goblin/Harry bit that lead to Gwen's inevitable fate was much less cohesive than Venom/Eddie and Harry's fate and not nearly as interesting.
Yeah, but didn't Raimi want to do Vulture and Black Cat in the fourth movie, not Venom?
Old 04-20-2017, 04:23 PM   #94
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Yeah, but didn't Raimi want to do Vulture and Black Cat in the fourth movie, not Venom?
At one time there was a potential six movie deal which would have had the fourth and fifth filmed back to back starting January 2010,but it was walked away from due to studio meddling. I do believe you are correct that Vulture and Black Cat were scheduled for the fourth film,and Raimi had Venom planned for the fifth. Fans wanted Venom and the Vulture is an old man with a flying harness. I would much rather see Venom than Vulture,but film quality is more important then getting favorite villains especially when your favorite is promised.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:30 PM   #95
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, there was no version of Spider-Man 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 that Raimi was ever involved with that one could say, "Raimi wanted to do Venom in this one." It was always the studio. He relented.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #96
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The problem with marvel (and DC) is they should just end. You're right, you can't have them do all this stuff for years and somehow return to status quo. Then you have events and event sequels, in DC's case the new 52 and rebirth.

So you have to either reboot from day 1, let the new people take over and permanently retire the originals without returning to status quo... or just end it. Just end the marvel and DC universe for good.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #97
TheSkeletonMan939

Venom has always drawn interest for some reason. Even I like him, as well as Carnage. There's something strangely charismatic about him.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #98
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Venom yes; Carnage? Not so much. He was a serial killer and sociopath before the symbiote. After the symbiote he was just a sociopathic serial killer WITH POWERS. And not even HALF the personality of someone like Joker.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #99
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The problem with marvel (and DC) is they should just end. You're right, you can't have them do all this stuff for years and somehow return to status quo. Then you have events and event sequels, in DC's case the new 52 and rebirth.

So you have to either reboot from day 1, let the new people take over and permanently retire the originals without returning to status quo... or just end it. Just end the marvel and DC universe for good.
I wouldn't say "end", but yeah, they need to evolve, do something.

It's like no matter how much happens in their comics, ultimately nothing changes, everything stays the same.

We all know that as long as the Big Two think they can make money with their comics, they'll keep printing them with no end in sight. I think that's why I've come to prefer smaller-scale stories, something with either a predestined ending or that is resigned to allow the story to go where it will, rather than making sure that every so often the big reset button gets pushed, putting all the pieces back in their starting places.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #100
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
And that is why my comic series script for a mutant son of Spidey will probably never see the light of day post-OMD/BND. The powers that be at Marvel would rather he be the eternal angsty early 20-something than allow him to grow and evolve in any realistic way. Which includes parenthood and family life apparently(Renew Your Vows notwithstanding).

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
askthepolice, avengers cuck wars, avengers infinite sjws, captain americuck, cuckvengers, infinity cucks, thankyouquicksilver, the incredible cuck, whereisthelaser?