The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-06-2022, 11:40 AM   #1041
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terror of Death View Post
They have three more movies coming out before TMNT: The Next Chapter's planned release. If those do poorly, I wouldn't be surprised if TMNT skips theaters and is released on Paramount+ & video on demand.
Wait. What? Why would they do that?
Old 02-07-2022, 12:00 AM   #1042
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Wait. What? Why would they do that?
A lot of animated films have been underperforming lately. Disney recently made the decision skip theaters for their March Pixar movie and put it exclusively on Disney+. Sony too decided to forgo theaters for Hotel Transylvania 4 and instead sold off the rights and had it released on Amazon Prime last month. Same thing happened to the last two Nick/Paramount animated films. If the box office doesn't significantly improve this year studios will be even more hesitant to release anything that isn't a surefire hit.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:14 AM   #1043
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terror of Death View Post
A lot of animated films have been underperforming lately. Disney recently made the decision skip theaters for their March Pixar movie and put it exclusively on Disney+. Sony too decided to forgo theaters for Hotel Transylvania 4 and instead sold off the rights and had it released on Amazon Prime last month.
Because studios chickened out of releasing particular animated films doesn't mean they're underperforming. It is just proof that studios are chickening out. Sing 2 is doing decent, last I checked. 300 million worldwide on a modest budget.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:21 AM   #1044
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

wonder when they are going to throw us a bone on this. Some kind of teaser. Heck even just an image showing a turtle hand holding a sign for the (slated) release date or something

... so half the fandom can rip it to shreds (I might be right there with ya, we'll see)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:55 AM   #1045
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Because studios chickened out of releasing particular animated films doesn't mean they're underperforming. It is just proof that studios are chickening out. Sing 2 is doing decent, last I checked. 300 million worldwide on a modest budget.
I was referring to the few that did manage to have theatrical releases. Raya, Addams Family, Boss Baby, Spirit Untamed, Ron's Gone Wrong, and Encanto either did poorly or just okay box office wise. Sing 2 did the best of the bunch but it's still less than half of the original's gross. Paw Patrol and a few 2d anime also did pretty well but those had tiny budgets.

But from what I read, animated movies were big hits when it came rentals and streaming numbers in 2021. The CEO of Disney stated that young adults were the main demographic going back to theaters last year and that parents and young children weren't going nearly as much. Animated films skipping theaters is a mixture of continued covid fears and studios noticing those same movies being successful through digital and on-demand services. I'm curious how well animation will do at the box office this year.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 02:45 PM   #1046
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
wonder when they are going to throw us a bone on this. Some kind of teaser. Heck even just an image showing a turtle hand holding a sign for the (slated) release date or something

... so half the fandom can rip it to shreds (I might be right there with ya, we'll see)
I'm guessing that after the previous two live action movies they decided to hedge their bets so as to avoid backlash.

Both times out they showed stuff well in advance, and that led to a year's worth of people trashing it before the movies finally came out. I'm guessing that they want to avoid that this time. We'll see something eventually but I'm pretty sure that they plan to keep things close to the vest for as long as they possibly can.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 02:45 PM   #1047
CyberCubed
Overlord

Remember the Illumination Mario movie is coming to theaters soon (I think later this year or early next), so that's another fully CG movie. I wonder how it'll do.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 03:42 PM   #1048
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

I don't think we will see anything substantial about this for another year I reckon. The advertising window has been getting shorter lately for films, and this will likely be the same.

I wouldn't expect to see designs or a trailer for another year or so. Maybe we'll get an inkling of something in like November or December, but next year is more likely.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:25 PM   #1049
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
I don't think we will see anything substantial about this for another year I reckon. The advertising window has been getting shorter lately for films, and this will likely be the same.

I wouldn't expect to see designs or a trailer for another year or so. Maybe we'll get an inkling of something in like November or December, but next year is more likely.
Maybe we will get casting news this year.
Old 02-09-2022, 11:17 AM   #1050
AquaParade
Banned

I predict we will see a teaser in the fall. I also think we'll hear more before then, but stuff like casting, or a possible "peak" at the new designs, without a full reveal. Little stuff like that.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 05:08 PM   #1051
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The concept art for the CGI movie has been released.
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...36422356008960

Old 02-15-2022, 05:09 PM   #1052
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yikes. So... straight up goofy and camp it is.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:12 PM   #1053
Galactus
Foot Elite

I didn't see this posted anywhere but allegedly this is official concept art from the Rogen movie:

So any talk of it not being a movie for little kids should be shot to hell right now. Definitely Fred Wolf inspired but definitely not any kind of spiritual successor as it looks substantially different to the 80s cartoon.

Looks like they took the took the criticism of the turtles being hulked out in last two live action movies to heart and now gone the opposite direction making them small and scrawny.

They've kept Raphael's durag (I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like that look) and even worse Donatello's stupid glasses. He even seems to have a buck tooth that sticks out of his mouth.

The Technodrome has a new reimaging, the Turtle Blimp looks like a real life zeppelin, that looks like Wingnut and Screwloose flying in the sky. I don't know what the deal is with the character shooting lasers or the giant anthropomorphic whale covered in squids and I really hope that's not supposed to be Shredder standing on the water tower.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 05:13 PM   #1054
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I didn't see this posted anywhere
Not even two posts up? In this thread?!
Old 02-15-2022, 05:15 PM   #1055
AquaParade
Banned

Other then Donatello, I think it looks pretty cool. A lot of energy in just that panel and I'm betting they are prioritizing fluidity over detail.

This isn't where I want to see tmnt go, but it could be fun. Not completely checked out yet. It really will come down to tone and writing, for me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 05:16 PM   #1056
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I knew this movie was gonna be FW inspired.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:18 PM   #1057
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

There's another image with a different look at the Turtles, and the new logo.
https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...35457972056068

Old 02-15-2022, 05:19 PM   #1058
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

At least they’re not wearing clothes although there is another piece of concept art out there that shows Leo with braces. Ugh. Wish we could move away from Don having glasses too.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 05:20 PM   #1059
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
At least they’re not wearing clothes although there is another piece of concept art out there that shows Leo with braces. Ugh. Wish we could move away from Don having glasses too.
You can see the braces in this one.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:22 PM   #1060
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not even two posts up? In this thread?!
Wasn't there when I first clicked 'reply'. Tigerclaw was just quicker than I was probably because he'll be the only person here genuinely excited by what he saw.

Last edited by Galactus; 02-15-2022 at 08:34 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote