The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #81
Danetello
Stone Warrior

I've only recently started catching up on 2k3, and so far I really dislike Raphael's voice, and I can't say I have much affection for Splinter.
Otherwise, not bad so far

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #82
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
I've only recently started catching up on 2k3, and so far I really dislike Raphael's voice, and I can't say I have much affection for Splinter.
Otherwise, not bad so far
It took me a while to get used to Raph's voice as well. But Casey's is worse.

And why don't you like Splinter?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #83
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think it's a voice thing again. It doesn't sit well with me. He seems more detached, and less compassionate somehow.
Maybe I'll warm to him.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #84
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
It took me a while to get used to Raph's voice as well. But Casey's is worse.

Splinter's voice was probably one I could never get used to. It sounds like it hurts for the VA to keep talking like that. It's hard to describe. It never compared to the other Splinters out there IMO. I'm not counting 2012 Splinter since that wouldn't be fair.

I guess they're going for that voice since he is supposed to be old and such, but it does sound.... I don't know... I wanna say, someone speaking out of breath? Asthmatic? I don't know... it's hard to find a word, but it does sound like the poor dude is stressing his throat every time he uses his Splinter voice.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #85
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Splinter's voice was probably one I could never get used to. It sounds like it hurts for the VA to keep talking like that. It's hard to describe. It never compared to the other Splinters out there IMO. I'm not counting 2012 Splinter since that wouldn't be fair.

I guess they're going for that voice since he is supposed to be old and such, but it does sound.... I don't know... I wanna say, someone speaking out of breath? Asthmatic? I don't know... it's hard to find a word, but it does sound like the poor dude is stressing his throat every time he uses his Splinter voice.
Can't say I've ever had any gripe with his voice, to be honest.

The only one that annoyed me was Casey's.

Raph's voice felt out of place considering he was supposed to be a teenager and not a 50 year old man.

I was not very impressed with Shredder's voice as Oroku Saki.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #86
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Raph's voice felt out of place considering he was supposed to be a teenager and not a 50 year old man.
Ha, that's what I keep thinking!

Old 08-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #87
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Hmm. Kind of tough for me to list since most of the stuff listed already didn't bother me too much and more of things I would've like to see more of.

-Rat King after "I, Monster" since there was a lot of potential with him and Splinter regarding the whole 'control over rats' thing.
-That soldier mutated into a monster by Bishop from "Dragon's Brew." Not only did we learn that he has family who clearly missed him, but it also brought more insight on Bishop and how far he'll go to achieve his warped goals.
-Inconsistent characterization of Mikey. I was never bothered with him after Battle Nexus but absolutely adored "Grudge Match" in that it not only served to give Mikey his comeuppance for being such a braggart, but also showed how formidable he was when he focuses and dominates Kluh in the last few minutes of the fight. You'd think this would serve as some good character development for him, but nope, it's pretty much dropped in favor of keeping him as the comic relief guy and that it's bad to develop that archetype.
-How Karai seemingly forgot Shredder almost killed her during Exodus which made her whole revenge sthick in Season 4 utterly unbearable to watch.
-Making Leo's angst in Season 4 take up half the Season itself. I know, it's not something one could easily get over after what he experienced and made for some good development. But jeez, it got old after a while and would've helped to not showcase for every episode.
-The surprisingly lack of Leatherhead in late Season 5. When the Turtles were gathering everyone they could, both ally and enemy, to take on Tengu Shredder, I couldn't help but feel that something was missing. Until I realized it was Leatherhead. I would've been okay with it if there was a reason or explanation for his absence, but nothing of the sort was given and never alluded to.

And that's all I got right now.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #88
Justin
Thug

It ended. I wasn't big on that, favorite TMNT series.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #89
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post

It's because it's an obvious young American man's voice trying to sound like an old Japanese man. And failing.

Karai also had that problem emulating that accent.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #90
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I Started to dislike Mikey's personality and voice more and more as the series went on. He became more Homeresque and annoying by the time we hit "Fast Forward" maybe even before.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #91
Electric
Epic Hiatus

i was never really a fan of the last 2 seasons, as im sure alot of you werent, but i really didnt like season 5 much either

other than that, just raph's voice and the no iris' with their masks
Old 08-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #92
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I've been watching Fast Forward, and I don't like how Raphael gets mad over nothing like a spoiled brat, is thankless when Cody creates a simulation room for training, etc. This carried over a little bit into the IDW books: "Someone better tell us how come Chet is a stinkin' robot!" The point of Raphael should be that he's quiet and a little socially awkward, but he should never just lash out for the sake of lashing out with no provocation. This was done best in the first movie, where Raph actually tries to take the high road with Casey because he sees something in him that he doesn't like about himself. So that's one thing about the 4Kids series that I actually HATE now that I'm watching it all over again.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #93
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
I've been watching Fast Forward, and I don't like how Raphael gets mad over nothing like a spoiled brat, is thankless when Cody creates a simulation room for training, etc. This carried over a little bit into the IDW books: "Someone better tell us how come Chet is a stinkin' robot!" The point of Raphael should be that he's quiet and a little socially awkward, but he should never just lash out for the sake of lashing out with no provocation. This was done best in the first movie, where Raph actually tries to take the high road with Casey because he sees something in him that he doesn't like about himself. So that's one thing about the 4Kids series that I actually HATE now that I'm watching it all over again.
This did become a problem in the later seasons. Season 1 he was angry but only really lashed out in "Meet Casey jones" other than that he was just short or sarcastic to people much like OT Raphael.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #94
gobo
Wacky Action

Garbageman.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #95
Shark_Blade
Emperor

- Utrom Shredder
- Casey Jones
- Hun
- excessive magic
- laser guns, aliens/planetary travel in general
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #96
Ch'redder
Random Punk

The fricking retools.
Ch'redder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #97
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Garbageman.
Oh god this.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #98
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
- Utrom Shredder
- Casey Jones
- Hun
- excessive magic
- laser guns, aliens/planetary travel in general
The Nick toon has the last 3 things on your list in spades. Granted they haven't traveled to space yet but we know that's coming eventually.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #99
ToTheNines
[sic]

Mainly, the superheroes. The first Silver Sentry one was ok, and the first Justice Force one was revealed to be all in Mikey's imagination at the end, so that was fine. But they really felt shoehorned in to the shows world. Peter Laird ****ed up on that one.

Other than that, the abuse of stock footage and certain musical cues makes the show a little hard to rewatch.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #100
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Nick toon has the last 3 things on your list in spades. Granted they haven't traveled to space yet but we know that's coming eventually.
Hun hasn't appeared yet. What magic? And the alien invasion was just for the season finale (to the general public anyway). It wasn't dragged out to an entire season.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids