The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #101
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's not the best time slot when the majority of your "real" target audience of 18-23 year old males with nostalgia for the 80s cartoon, were up until 4am on a booze-and-coke bender. That's what people typically do on a Friday night/Saturday morning at that age. They don't get up early and watch cartoons.
Yeah, this wasn't even the best time slot for me when I was in high school, probably because I worked weekend mornings back then. Also, I probably didn't watch it because I felt like I had "outgrown" TMNT at the time, although I might have felt a little bit nostalgic here and there for the OT or the 90's movies. That nostalgia wouldn't fully grow until a couple years later into college though, and would become reason why I joined this forum.

Regardless, I guess the 2k3 series just didn't interest me at the time, but I'm glad I'm finally getting around to watch it now. Next I'll try watching TNM.

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:48 PM   #102
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
It's not the best time slot when the majority of your "real" target audience of 18-23 year old males with nostalgia for the 80s cartoon, were up until 4am on a booze-and-coke bender. That's what people typically do on a Friday night/Saturday morning at that age. They don't get up early and watch cartoons.
When I was 18 I wasn't doing any of that, I was thinking about watching my Saturday morning cartoons.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:06 AM   #103
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
It had a kind of sh*tty time slot and the people who would have been most interested in a new TMNT show - people aged 18-25 - had college and responsibilities and "partying" on their minds, not getting up by 10am to watch TMNT cartoons. A ton of people didn't have the show on their radar until way later on, once it was done or almost done.

I tried to turn some of my friends on to it when it was new; most of them, even the biggest TMNT fans, were more concerned with sleeping off a hangover on Saturday mornings. Doesn't surprise me at all that a ton of people missed it. Disappointed, sure, but not surprised.
Even many people who were kids back then still aren't aware this show ever existed. Let alone adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
As a kid I always woke up super early. Kids are wired to wake up early on the weekends. By 10 AM their minds are on other things. So yeah, 10 AM wasn't especially good for young children either.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ps5d17a1bc.gif

Dude... your sig is waaaaaaay too big.
Actually, I was one of those kids that woke up late on weekends. I HATED waking up early all week for school. So I used the weekends to sleep until 11-noon. I grew up mostly watching cartoons on cable networks such as Cartoon Network, which aired cartoons all day, anyway. So it didn't really make a difference.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #104
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
When I was 18 I wasn't doing any of that, I was thinking about watching my Saturday morning cartoons.
And you're about as far from "typical" as it gets so I rest my case.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:27 PM   #105
Bravotello
Foot Soldier

I didn't start watching when it first started airing. I started watching it when it was at about it's 4rth season. I in the target audience then probably. I was 8 I think. I bought my first ever TMNT dvd at blockbuster because I thought it was interesting.

And now I'm HUGE fan. XD
Bravotello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #106
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
Yeah, this wasn't even the best time slot for me when I was in high school, probably because I worked weekend mornings back then. Also, I probably didn't watch it because I felt like I had "outgrown" TMNT at the time, although I might have felt a little bit nostalgic here and there for the OT or the 90's movies. That nostalgia wouldn't fully grow until a couple years later into college though, and would become reason why I joined this forum.

Regardless, I guess the 2k3 series just didn't interest me at the time, but I'm glad I'm finally getting around to watch it now. Next I'll try watching TNM.
i was the same way to be honest. i caught it when it was convenient, but then seriously got into it when i was feeling it and had the time. LOVED every minute of it! Well worth the watch. It's something everyone can get into and i really like that. It's not just trying to entertain it tells a story and has solid continuity throughout.

Also try watching The Next Mutation, you won't be disappointing. It's ok if you don't like it but it's certainly not as bad as others make it out to be. Don't go into it with any per-determined expectation. People always complain about how it's not serious and it's not supposed to be. It's pretty much supposed to be a cartoon it's just live action. i never understood how people thought it was gonna be like dark and gritty. It's fun, and the villians of the show are actually really good. Theres a lot of silly stuff as expected but there are also a lot of good concepts and serious moments.

If you're not gonna watch it all the way through and just do the best episodes then i recommend all the "unchain my heart" episodes. Still one of the best story archs in the franchise today. Not to spoil anything but there is a bit of spoilers with these elements i point out, i really like how Leo was getting sick of tired of getting captured by bonesteel so he learned hunting and trapping techniques to go along with his Ninjitsu to make himself more complete.

"the good dragon" is also a really good one, "Silver and gold" is where we get introduced to Silver and he's one of my favorite Villains, and "Turtles' night out" is just a fun one with a good message.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:50 PM   #107
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I feel so old... lol I was 24 it's first season. Somehow I doubt a 20-something woman was their target, but I wasn't in the fandom at that time anyhow after letting it go for a while. (Watched it last summer though and liked it a lot more than I expected.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:14 PM   #108
Turtle Park
Random Punk

I didn't know the show when it was airing ,kind think of it, probably because I just a elementary student at that time and really not interest to watch the cartoon that has serious tone.

So by the time I start to notice 2K3 series, it's already 2010, however that is the year I became the fan of TMNT.
Turtle Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:37 AM   #109
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It wasn't put in a good time slot in Ireland either. I remember the 2003 cartoon being aired on Wednesday afternoons at around 3.00pm. I was in secondary school at the time, so I was only able to watch random episodes every now and then.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:33 PM   #110
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
It wasn't put in a good time slot in Ireland either. I remember the 2003 cartoon being aired on Wednesday afternoons at around 3.00pm. I was in secondary school at the time, so I was only able to watch random episodes every now and then.
Here it aired every Saturday... or was it every Sunday? Don't remember, but not really important. Can't really remember the time slot specifically but it was between 10AM and 11AM. Not to mention, from season 2 on, 2 episodes aired. It would first air a season 2 episode and then a season 1 episode. And it aired on terrestrial TV in one of those channels everyone has. Not a subscription channel. So I cannot say it had a a bad time slot for its target audience.

Man... I still remember when this show was so fresh and new and it was so cool for the Turtles to be back on TV. Can't believe it's been a decade already.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids