The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #41
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I haven't read everything that others have said here (I read the first half), but please don't be offended that others thought you were "lying" or just calling out for attention, because that's typically the case-- USUALLY those who are serious become very introverted (I had a roommate commit suicide). I know from what I've heard that Asberger's can be a challenge to those who suffer from it, so you have my sympathy there, but if you're high-functioning, you can ultimately have a better life than those idiots who are bullying you just because you are different, or because they're actually probably a little scared of you.

Killing yourself is NOT the solution; and in this day in age, you aren't just going to be institutionalized because you're a struggling teen. Those days are pretty much gone. The real problem here is that you sound like you have a crappy family life and no real support system. It is your school counselor's job to help you make things better for yourself. But it is ALSO your job. You have to care enough about yourself to stick it out even when it sucks. I personally don't believe there is anything after this (I actually kind of hope there isn't), but I don't want to take the chance that I'm wrong and kill myself, not know that I'm aware of that. Even when things really suck. Make sense?

If you're a high functioning person suffering from Asperger's, you still see the world very differently from your peers and the school you go to should have at least one professional equipped to helping you. I wish you the best, I really do, and I'm not going to pretend the advice I've given you is better or as good as what others have said, but I think I might be able to empathize with you a little better, but that's no fault of anyone else here.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
Old 05-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #42
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

When I was a teen, I had a bad home life, I wasn't "Poor" but besides food and the walmart clothes on my back I had notting, and the kids at school hated me... Or they must have as much as I was bullied anyway.
Whenever I would complain to my parents about how bad I though my life was at that point they very coldly tould me I need to get over it because "This is the best years of your life".
I couldn't handle that, and thouse words drove me to try killing myself several times. But you know what? I failed! And I'm so happy I did. My parents were wrong, so wrong... The best was yet to come. Now I'm happly married, and I have two beautiful little girls. I Love me life! When I think of how I tried to kill myself it breaks my heart because I would have never met my husband, My kids would have NEVER BEEN BORN! Hold on kid, the best is yet to come
Old 05-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #43
raphfan84
Stone Warrior

I don't know you or what you are going through but I wish you the best in life and hope you can get through this tough time. There is always other ways than suicide!!! I know life can be very hard and sometimes it seems it will never get better but it will and I can promise you it will. If you ever need to talk shoot me a message ill be glad to try and help.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #44
animal
Banned

You can ALWAYS swing by my page i'll be very happy to talk to you suicide isn't the option you can talk to me or go to cures site talk to anybody that you can turst on the forms like me& snakeweed just please don't kill yourself
Old 05-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #45
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Moonlight I hope things will work out for you. Please look at getting help with dealing with things! Help is always out there, you just need to actually want to and put in the effort to try to look for it

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
Old 05-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #46
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist

Any news on Moonlight1102?
Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #47
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, but I really hope he/she didn't commit suicide.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #48
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant

I'm fine. I've just been trying to stay off the internet so I wont get myself upset. And I have finals going on and I've been busy.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #49
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!

Good luck on your finals, Moonlight!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #50
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Glad to hear you're okay, Moonlight. Keep your chin up and good luck on your finals.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #51
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Good to hear your doing better Moonlight. ...And yeah, spend less time on the internet if its going to upset you, especially with your finals. Best wishes on the finals!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #52
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight1102 View Post
I'm fine. I've just been trying to stay off the internet so I wont get myself upset. And I have finals going on and I've been busy.
good luck and all the best

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
Old 05-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #53
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant

My father has really crossed the line.

I am friends with someone on Skype, her username is Shauna K. (I need you know this so you can help her). She's lived a very troubled life with deaths in the family, her mother has cancer, her nieces are occasionally sick and hospitalized, she is abused, and she is bullied and school because of her weight. She's like a sister to me, and I'm always there for her everyday on chat. My father doesn't care. He cares more about me making straight A's (nothing BUT straight A's, anything below it and he's ashamed of me). The bastard has tried to hit me and abuse since I was a child, and now he's saying that I shouldn't care about Shauna, and that she's nothing but an "internet buddy" that I'll never see her in my life, and that school is number 1 and then when I'm 18 he'll kick me out. He says that I've ruined his life, despite the fact that he has treated me like crap (but occasionally forces himself to do things for me, only so that he has an excuse to hit me with the "I've done everything for you and this is how you repay me!!!". He doesn't even like doing this things for me.) He idolizes my brother, who's just like him, and they both talk about women and boobs and other sexist crap (my dad is 69 years old btw), and constantly invites women over to the house to **** in the other room, while he tells me to stay in my room and don't come out.

I want to kill the bastard so badly. People like him make me hate my life. He makes me so angry!!!

Why God! Why do you have to make this horrible man my father!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #54
snake
Disgusting

Quote:

I am friends with someone on Skype, her username is Shauna K. (I need you know this so you can help her). She's lived a very troubled life with deaths in the family, her mother has cancer, her nieces are occasionally sick and hospitalized, she is abused, and she is bullied and school because of her weight. She's like a sister to me, and I'm always there for her everyday on chat. My father doesn't care. He cares more about me making straight A's (nothing BUT straight A's, anything below it and he's ashamed of me). The bastard has tried to hit me and abuse since I was a child, and now he's saying that I shouldn't care about Shauna, and that she's nothing but an "internet buddy" that I'll never see her in my life, and that school is number 1 and then when I'm 18 he'll kick me out. He says that I've ruined his life, despite the fact that he has treated me like crap (but occasionally forces himself to do things for me, only so that he has an excuse to hit me with the "I've done everything for you and this is how you repay me!!!". He doesn't even like doing this things for me.) He idolizes my brother, who's just like him, and they both talk about women and boobs and other sexist crap (my dad is 69 years old btw), and constantly invites women over to the house to **** in the other room, while he tells me to stay in my room and don't come out.

I want to kill the bastard so badly. People like him make me hate my life. He makes me so angry
Escape, run away, call the police, I feel so terrible right now. Honestly, don't kill yourself.
If he's really abusing you, call the police.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #55
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

One thing I learned this year is to be me, don't care about other people. That seems to work. Keep your head up high, be strong. Last year, no one would practically ever want to be seen with me. Now, I have tons of friends I talk to all the time and even a girlfriend. Ignore the bullies, and they will go away. It may be hard, it may seem impossible, but keep going, and you will prosper.

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #56
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
One thing I learned this year is to be me, don't care about other people. That seems to work. Keep your head up high, be strong. Last year, no one would practically ever want to be seen with me. Now, I have tons of friends I talk to all the time and even a girlfriend. Ignore the bullies, and they will go away. It may be hard, it may seem impossible, but keep going, and you will prosper.
I was in that same situation last year, and everything's the same as your story! Well, except the girlfriend part.....But I'm getting there.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #57
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Escape, run away, call the police, I feel so terrible right now. Honestly, don't kill yourself.
If he's really abusing you, call the police.
Dont run away, that would not help. The real world is tough for different reasons, the least of which is finding a job and a place to live. And dont kill yourself either. She may be an internet buddy, but the fact that you help her (and I assume talking to her helps you as well) means that it is a true friendship. If your father is truly beating you, I suggest calling the police or child protective services. -They are here to help in just these types of situations.

Now to say something you may not want to hear: When your father demands perfection, straight As, its not necessarily because he is ashamed or embarrassed of you. Usually this sort of behavior is his way of trying to give you the best possible future. Ok i know that sounds weird but stay with me. Parents see their children as an extension of themselves, almost a lob of clay that they want to mold into their "ideal" version of themselves. You can probably see this more clearly in the relationship your brother and dad have. But most often, children dont turn out the way their parents imagined, or planned they would. Parenthood is very tough, and some people adjust better to it than others. It is especially difficult for single parents who dont have someone to help share the load and rely on physically and emotionally. He wants you to get good grades because good grades translate to better options for the future.

Now I know this can be a very tough and emotional action, but have you tried having a serious sit down talk face to face with your father? Its not easy I know, But if you approach this as an "adult to adult" type conversation, you may be able to explain some of your problems and flush out some of the reasons he acts the way he does- and try to improve them.

This may or may not pertain to you, but if any of it sounds familiar, I hope you take my advice. Best of luck, and remember there are lots of people here on the drome willing to help talk you thru this.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #58
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I want to kill the bastard so badly. People like him make me hate my life. He makes me so angry!!!

Dude, I think your father needs mental help, You sound like a nice guy, and killing yourself or someone else will NOT solve the problem.

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #59
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Teenagers.......

Ya know, when I was in middle school, everything in my life was a major drama. The zit that popped up over night, the movie my parents wouldn't let me go to at midnight with everyone else, not being able to date like everyone else, not being able to have all the newest clothes and electronics because we were poor, then in high school I couldn't have a driver's license until I could afford the car and the insurance. And I had to pay rent upon my graduation....... the list goes on.

I hated my parents and they were soooooooooo ruining my life! But guess what? When I got a little older I realized that valuable lessons were being had. I was not owed anything and if I wanted something I had to work hard for it. Looking back with more adult eyes....things weren't as bad as my teenage self thought.

You might not like how things are, but I guarantee you are learning life lessons. As for your internet friend.....parents don't get a lot of the internet socialization stuff, but make sure you are taking care of your business before getting involved online. And make sure this girl is legit. A lot of what you just described about her......that would throw up red flags for me in an internet conversation.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #60
Peanut
Second Gear

Unless your father is seriously abusing you, and I mean physically laying into you in a rage fueled by pure hatred, sadistic pleasure or alcohol, and not reprimanding you for stupid behaviour, you need to stop whining. I'm serious. As someone who has been through very real depression, not brought on by childish tantrums and teenage arrogance, but by mental instability, it irks me to see teenagers cry suicide over bullsh*t nonsense.

Ignore what I said if your father is truly abusive. In which case stop coming to a Ninja Turtles forum to decry him and instead call someone who can actually help you.

Your internet friend also sounds suspect. Don't lose your sh*t over someone you don't even know and especially don't argue with your father over the state of this persons life, real or pretend. Him telling you not to act jacked over someone you've never met isn't out of line.
Closed Thread

Tags
peanut