The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-24-2021, 10:25 AM   #1
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

2014 shredder interview

in a couple of days i will be interviewing the person who played the shredder in the 2014 tmnt movie. I was wondering if anyone had any questions that they would want me to ask him
Old 08-24-2021, 03:39 PM   #2
Chris
Mad Scientist

If I remember right Sacks was meant to be Shredder and they changed it in reshoots? So I’d be curious to know if he can confirm that. So essentially when did he join the film, was it just the reshoots or was he brought aboard earlier in the process than we realised?

Thanks
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:47 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Well, considering his scenes were all hasty reshoots, you could ask him if the scenes he got were the only ones they had time or the budget to shoot. Important follow up to that could be if there were any additional scenes they considered filming.
In addition I think you might want to ask him if he was approached for the sequel.
Oh, but most importantly, ask him if he got to see the workprint version from before he was brought in and if there are any signifigant differences.

As I'm typing this I realise questions in regards to that movie in particular might be a bit frustrating to hear, given that his inclusion was a last minute thing. So for the sake of keeping him invested, ask him about his career and other interests. My suggestions for such questions would be:
  • How did you get into acting?
  • What are your hobbies?
  • Any interesting stories from your career in the film industry?
  • What can we expect from you in the near future?

And of course, remember to ask follow-up questions if he says something interesting here. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to be thought of as "That TMNT reshoots guy".
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 08-24-2021 at 08:02 PM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #4
Galactus
Foot Elite

Tohoru Msamune has given at least one interview after the first movie was released were he talked openly about his casting being a last minute thing to replace William Fichtner as the Shredder. So it's all out there and it didn't seem like he feels awkward talking about it. He's also talked about how the producers all pumped him up with how he was now the part of the family and the Shredder so it might be awkward after he was replaced in the second.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote