The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #61
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
If it wasn't then this place would never have existed. 2k3 excluded, since it is 11 years old, the new stuff just helps keep it going.
So what? Once again, the purpose with which this place has been founded do not equal what it has become.

But just because this place was created to dicuss old cartoon decade ago, let's fap to the past and automatically hate everything new. That's so much beter, sensible and mature way to go about things!! Sure.

How people can be so narrow minded to not see any kind of possibilities anywhere? I can't even imagine how it's like to live without being able to see further than your own nose...must be quite a bleak life.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #62
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
So what? Once again, the purpose with which this place has been founded do not equal what it has become.

But just because this place was created to dicuss old cartoon decade ago, let's fap to the past and automatically hate everything new. That's so much beter, sensible and mature way to go about things!! Sure.

How people can be so narrow minded to not see any kind of possibilities anywhere? I can't even imagine how it's like to live without being able to see further than your own nose...must be quite a bleak life.
You know what, f**k it, I don't f***ing care. Half the s**t you just said doesn't even f***ing apply to what I said, but okay. Whatever you say.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #63
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
Alopex just isn't a turtle (obviously because she's a nod to Ninjara from the Archie series).
No she's not. Her creator said he flat out didn't know who Ninjara was.
Quote:
All this hatred towards Venus just because she is the 5 turtle, doesn't make much sense, since there are more than 4 turtles already - Slash and Tokka.
Those are evil turtles, they are not extra members of the group.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #64
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
You know what's gonna happen... their people are gonna see threads like this and decide four sequels from now that April should be mutated into Venus. And then her making out with Raph can go beyond innocent. o.O lol
Oh, so it will become just like the Ninja Turtle version of Shrek!

Last edited by Warhorse; 07-22-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #65
Midnight Mutant
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
No..just, just no.
^^^^This. ^^^^
Old 07-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #66
Midnight Mutant
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac
All this hatred towards Venus just because she is the 5 turtle, doesn't make much sense, since there are more than 4 turtles already - Slash and Tokka.
It's not so much that she's a 5th turtle. Heck, Kevin and Peter wanted a 5th turtle named Kirby. It's the fact that she was kind of thrown in with a crappy back story and she was a crappy character.

Not liking her because she's a 5th turtle is a weak reason...there are far more reasons that make far more sense to hate her.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #67
Leolead
Stone Warrior

I think having only four Turtles is sacred, imo it fits nicely with the words TMNT, there shouldn't be a fifth, and if they do make a another Turtle get invloved, it should only be Slash pre-mutation, and i would treat it like the nick show where Slash is Raph's pet, and he would only mutate in the 3rd movie, and he would be a villain, so no fifth Turtle, i don't really want to see that many mutants in this series, maybe a more serious version of Bebop and Rocksteady, Slash as mentioned above, Leatherhead and maybe Tigerclaw, but that's it.

Last edited by Leolead; 07-23-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #68
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Not liking her because she's a 5th turtle is a weak reason...there are far more reasons that make far more sense to hate her.
To the point where she shouldn't be even given any kind of second chance?

Quote:
I think having only four Turtles is sacred
Nothing should be sacred in the story as long as changes have good execution.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #69
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Angry

Quote:
To the point where she shouldn't be even given any kind of second chance?

Nothing should be sacred in the story as long as changes have good execution.
I truly don't care how good they execute it, a fifth Turtle is stupid that's the only reason i hated Venus, there should only be FOUR turtles!!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:11 AM   #70
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I truly don't care how good they execute it, a fifth Turtle is stupid that's the only reason i hated Venus, there should only be FOUR turtles!!
Narrow mindendness is narrow mindedness.

Whatever.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #71
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

i find it funny that a good chunk of the people preaching "Give TMNT 2014 a chance" refuse to give Venus a chance of redemption

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #72
Glados
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
i find it funny that a good chunk of the people preaching "Give TMNT 2014 a chance" refuse to give Venus a chance of redemption
Nah, not quite the same, Boston (not saying that anyone should give the 2014 movie a chance if they don't feel like it, but still not a good comparison) I think a lot of the resistance comes from that she was kind of a Mary Sue. She was introduced to be something to lust over for the turtles (sudden "we're not biological brothers" plot-twist) and she had a bland personality and hardly any flaws and quirks. She was very... hollow and felt like such a forced and unnecessary addition. I think many aren't necessarily against a female turtle, just against that female turtle.

Except for me among others, I really prefer the TMNT being the iconic foursome. Much due to the fact that I very easily see the introduction of a female turtle just as girlfriend-bait for the turtles and it could very easily take over a bit too much. I'm kinda on board with Laird: keep romance to an absolute minimum, the TMNT is about brotherhood and fun/action.
Glados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #73
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glados View Post
Nah, not quite the same, Boston (not saying that anyone should give the 2014 movie a chance if they don't feel like it, but still not a good comparison) I think a lot of the resistance comes from that she was kind of a Mary Sue. She was introduced to be something to lust over for the turtles (sudden "we're not biological brothers" plot-twist) and she had a bland personality and hardly any flaws and quirks. She was very... hollow and felt like such a forced and unnecessary addition. I think many aren't necessarily against a female turtle, just against that female turtle.

Except for me among others, I really prefer the TMNT being the iconic foursome. Much due to the fact that I very easily see the introduction of a female turtle just as girlfriend-bait for the turtles and it could very easily take over a bit too much. I'm kinda on board with Laird: keep romance to an absolute minimum, the TMNT is about brotherhood and fun/action.

And that was due to the writing..the character is there why not give her a second chance...in every turtles property we see chacters return written vary differently from the past...aside from the 4 brothers some make complete 180s..how many aprils do we have..shredders?

and what is the difference if its another female turtle? its still a female turtle..why not use someone who is there and redeem her...Karai in the nick show wouldve been a perfect choice even if it was just a small thing till she was "Healed"

blaming a character to be doomed forever because of bad writing isnt fair to what someone with talent can do..ive seen and read fan art and fics that make venus an amazing character removing all those points people dont like

she doesnt have to be the core group..just make her some sort of ally

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #74
TurtleMikey
Hench Mutant

Who's Venus?
TurtleMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #75
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMikey View Post
Who's Venus?

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #76
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant

I wouldn't care and the fact that they have a whole trove full of characters they could bring to the film shouldn't bother you either.

They did it on the animated series/next mutation/nick series/comic books why would I expect any different from the movie series?
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #77
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
Surely doing little more than posting Michael Jackson gifs every 10 minutes counts as spam...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #78
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Surely doing little more than posting Michael Jackson gifs every 10 minutes counts as spam...
Yeah, it's a habit.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #79
alliance
Hench Mutant

I think venus is AWESOME!!!!!

heres my idea:

venus comes out of no where and says to the turtles I'm Venus!!

Leonardo then pulls out his sword and Decapitates Venus immediately

Venus' head Drops to the ground like a brick..

Theres your return......

Im ashamed of some of the responses ive read on this thread..its like some of you WANT turtles to fail, this thread PROVES that some of u secretly want the turtles to be aliens, StarWars fans wouldn't put up with this sh*t but turtle fans will accept anything it seems, to me anyone who wants Venus in ANY form of existence is not a real turtle fan..

theres ENOUGH characters as it is so for someone to be up for this I find Disgusting, theres no more hard fans and protectors anymore youre all just gamers and ipod users and any form of anything you'd just gladly accept. I think a lot of you who'd want this probably would not make great parents..

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS

Last edited by alliance; 07-23-2014 at 01:04 PM.
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #80
Leolead
Stone Warrior

I hated her she was trying to be the fifth Turtle, why introduce Venus when there are so many other great characters? hell i'd rather Alopex, get on the team as long as she's not a Turtle, what happened with Karai in the Nick series, had a nice build up imo, alliance i love your idea!

Tags
venus