The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #141
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Lol..that picture is exactly what I'd pictured, in my head.

did I head cannon head cannon?

Guess I'm still confused.

Is it meant to be, like, Batman is secretly with Robin in the 1966 series, but has the facade that he's a ladies man? It's implied that they are straight men in the show, but it's also implied they may not be, and many fans have assumed the latter?

Last edited by Commenter 42; 09-12-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:24 AM   #142
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post

Is it meant to be, like, Batman is secretly with Robin in the 1966 series, but has the facade that he's a ladies man? It's implied that they are straight men in the show, but it's also implied they may not be, and many fans have assumed the latter?
I think head canon is like when someone thinks something is official in their own head when the source material says otherwise and insist on its being true.

I guess an example of that can be the Harry Potter stuff. Adamant Harry x Hermione shippers insisted that she divorces Ron and gets with Harry and actually believe it unlike others who just preferred other pairings with these characters, but know that it's not official. I guess that's normal head canon. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:07 AM   #143
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:

No, you got it correct, but it's only spelt with one N. While I don't know much about the 1966 series, I'm going to assume there probably are fans that assume the latter. You can always assume there's SOMEBODY out there that thinks it. :V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I think head canon is like when someone thinks something is official in their own head when the source material says otherwise and insist on its being true.

I guess an example of that can be the Harry Potter stuff. Adamant Harry x Hermione shippers insisted that she divorces Ron and gets with Harry and actually believe it unlike others who just preferred other pairings with these characters, but know that it's not official. I guess that's normal head canon. lol
NO. That is the exact opposite of what headcanon is. Headcanon is stuff that could be worked into canon or be used to explain something in canon, but never contradicts it.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #144
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
NO. That is the exact opposite of what headcanon is. Headcanon is stuff that could be worked into canon or be used to explain something in canon, but never contradicts it.
So basically it's like ideas that are reasonable suggestions that haven't been picked up on?

I'd been thinking it covered the entirety of fanfiction/art in general... no?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #145
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Oh sweet summer child, let me introduce you to something known as Rule 34.

You could very easily be the target demographic for this segment of subculture if you wanted to be.
Well thanks - you learn something new every day
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #146
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post

Funny thing, now after a few years, didn't Rowlings come out and say she now believes she has made a mistake about the whole Hermione/Ron and not having Hermione get with Harry in the end?
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/02/showbi...on-revelation/

Honestly, I cared less about the Hermione getting with Ron or not. However, I wasn't too pleased with Harry getting with Ginny. I just didn't like how everything in the end tied in with the Weasley's. I would have preferred it more if it was Luna/Harry. But oh well, what can one do.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #147
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So basically it's like ideas that are reasonable suggestions that haven't been picked up on?

I'd been thinking it covered the entirety of fanfiction/art in general... no?
Not... entirely? Fanwork can get into very non-canon territory, like AUs, and all kinds of way-off-base stuff. Headcanon is just parts of someone's interpretation of a character that doesn't have to be contained within a fanwork context.

Not sure how you guys aren't getting that. It's a really simple concept.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #148
Warhorse
Emperor

I have a headcanon where Splinter, deep down, is terrified of Raphael, and what his berserk rage might do one day to his brothers, or even himself, because there will be that one day where Raph's shear strength will overpower him.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #149
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Not... entirely? Fanwork can get into very non-canon territory, like AUs, and all kinds of way-off-base stuff. Headcanon is just parts of someone's interpretation of a character that doesn't have to be contained within a fanwork context.

Okay, we're all learning here, so please...

What's an AU? lol...just for fun, lets use whole words so the elderly like me don't get lost.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #150
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

"Alternate Universe"--like a fanfic where the turtles are human or students in high school or whatnot. The story draws from the characters and relationships in the original work, but is not based on its canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
And now I'm suddenly worried. It's also like if you really want to make a good fan fic then you would need stop watching the show all to together. Just for clarification, how is the love triangle sexist and what would you do to fix it?
Sorry for the late response to this; I am working on it, and you will get an answer either here or via PM.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #151
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Thanks. Sorry... it's not really something I've engaged in much for anything. And then younger folks have come up with words for this stuff some older-ish ones don't get. lol

In my day we didn't have words for these things, and walked 10 miles to school in the snow.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #152
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Thanks. Sorry... it's not really something I've engaged in much for anything. And then younger folks have come up with words for this stuff some older-ish ones don't get. lol

In my day we didn't have words for these things, and walked 10 miles to school in the snow.
Uphill, both ways.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:43 PM   #153
Warhorse
Emperor

So, there are a couple of conceited views about the TMNT being a primarily a show dominated by mostly males watching it. Today, I went over to my cousins house to watch the China Town Ghost Story on Nick, and my cousin noticed that pretty much nearly every single commercial, if it wasn't Nick itself promoting it's shows, were mostly about girl toys. Is it possible that the marketing has shifted from trying to showcase boy action figures and now is testing the waters to see how advertising to a more female audience might work out? Or maybe it was just the area I was in.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #154
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Uphill, both ways.
As for that old fart saying of having to walk to school 10 miles in the snow uphill both ways, my father asked a insightful question to that saying that I figured I would share here:

"How in the hell can someone walk uphill in both ways?" ;p

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #155
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:

Hey, you're 35, you're not old at all! You're still in your prime, enjoy yourself.

[Says the guy that doesn't even call his 63 year old mother old]
Old 09-13-2014, 01:19 AM   #156
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Hey, you're 35, you're not old at all! You're still in your prime, enjoy yourself.

[Says the guy that doesn't even call his 63 year old mother old]
Why thank you... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Hmm... maybe you walk up it and then down into a valley the school sits at the bottom of.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:47 AM   #157
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Take different routes to and from. Both uphill.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #158
Davetello
Banned

Yeah 35 is really, really old...if you're a 12 year old.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:37 AM   #159
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Old 09-14-2014, 12:41 AM   #160
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Okay, now that is epic. Thanks for sharing.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed the homophobe, cybercubed thinks deep