The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #1
Jasey Cones
Thug

2014 movie is great!

Wanted to post this and just put it out there.

PD's 2014 TMNT movie is great.

Like most of you when I first watched this at the cinema I hated the new origin, the plot holes and all the normal stuff but I watched it again today sveral months later and I like it.

Turtles characters are good, its funny (not as often as it tries to be but its funny) . The action is ridiculous but exciting and all in its a great start for a new universe.

I hope for more movies building on what they've started and making it better.

Dump megan fox tho!

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
Jasey Cones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #2
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

I agree. There are parts of the the movie that are good. Not a fan of the turtles learning how to fight from a book that Splinter found though. That part was kinda cheesy.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I like the 2014 movie too. I agree they should dumb Megan Fox and some of the plotholes are silly. This should be in the PD Turtles subforum.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasey Cones View Post
Wanted to post this and just put it out there.

Like most of you when I first watched this at the cinema I hated the new origin, the plot holes and all the normal stuff but I watched it again today sveral months later and I like it.

Turtles characters are good, its funny (not as often as it tries to be but its funny) . The action is ridiculous but exciting and all in its a great start for a new universe.

I hope for more movies building on what they've started and making it better.

Dump megan fox tho!
You like the movie?
Spoiler:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:50 PM   #5
Mew
Banned

I like teh movie!!
:3
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Glad to know it has your approval. (?)

Just for future refrence, as has been mentioned this movie has it's own subforum, and the stickied review thread may have been suitable to post these opinions.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #7
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

What did you guys like about this movie, anyway? I just want to know.

Last edited by LeotheLateBloomer; 03-08-2015 at 06:51 PM.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #8
senpai
Stone Warrior

I thought it was awful. xD After seeing it, I moped around the rest of the day. The acting was not very awesome. The beginning was Fruit Ninja. There were a few times when the movie promoted Dominoes pizza and orange Crush soda. And there was that time when Megan Fox was like "Oops. Sorry, boss, I have no proof of mutant turtles." But then she goes to her partner and showed him the picture of them that she took. I'm like WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOW THAT TO YOUR BOSS, APRIL! And yeah. Dump Megan Fox. Miscast to the max.

I will admit, though, that the fight scene between Splinter and Shredder was pretty rad. I liked that part. B)
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:04 AM   #9
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The chemistry between the brothers are spot on. I don't mind Megan Fox, she's awesome.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:26 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasey Cones View Post
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:47 AM   #11
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior

I thought the movie rocked! Not a big fan of Megan Fox, but I liked everything else to be honest

Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:16 AM   #12
Kanon
Stone Warrior

It´s a great movie! I have seen it twice in German and after that, one time in english. It made me want more

Good points:
- Megan didn´t took all the screen time for her
- the turtles personalities are well thought
- Splinters design is great
- I cried when I saw the expression on their faces when Splinter got beaten! So damn good.
- the character cast was really well done

Could-have-been-better points:
- How they learned ninjutsu is fishy
- Shredders armor looked like Megatron from Transformers
- I wanted to see Raph in the trenchcoat
Old 03-10-2015, 03:39 AM   #13
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It´s a great movie! I have seen it twice in German and after that, one time in english. It made me want more

Good points:
- Megan didn´t took all the screen time for her
- the turtles personalities are well thought
- Splinters design is great
- I cried when I saw the expression on their faces when Splinter got beaten! So damn good.
- the character cast was really well done
Wow. Even the movie's relentless defenders, y'know the whole "it's not that bad" crowd don't even argue this. Are you sure you're watching the same movie?

I don't know how you came away thinking Megan Fox didn't get most of the screentime.

Last edited by Galactus; 03-10-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:16 AM   #14
Kanon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Wow. Even the movie's relentless defenders, y'know the whole "it's not that bad" crowd don't evwn argue this. Are you sure you watching the same movie?

I don't knoe how you came away thinking Megan Fox didn't get most of the screentime.
If you are one of those people who count the exact number of minutes Megan got, you can´t enjoy the movie at all.
AND I dind´t say she got less screentime then the turtles. I just wanted to say that it doesn´t feel like it´s her movie!
Old 03-10-2015, 04:36 AM   #15
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
If you are one of those people who count the exact number of minutes Megan got, you can´t enjoy the movie at all.
AND I dind´t say she got less screentime then the turtles. I just wanted to say that it doesn´t feel like it´s her movie!
I don't think anyone has to count the amount of minutes Megan Fox gets in relation to the turtles to see she gets the most screentime by a wide margin.

Also the movie is all about April. Trying to prove herself a serious reporter, saving the turtles and Splinter as a child, learning the secret of Project Renaissance and the death of her father even scoring the killing blow against the movie's villain.

What was the turtles story? They get kidnapped, fight and slide down a mountain. Any moment including their origin and various battles have April shoehorned in as the most important aspect.

Last edited by Galactus; 03-10-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:45 AM   #16
Kanon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
What was the turtles story? They get kidnapped, fight and slide down a mountain. Any moment including their origin and various battles have April shoehorned in as the most important aspect.
You think of Aprils butt at the mountain chase, right?

Raph saving his brothers with April, April reporting from her fathers lab about he turtles, mikeys crush on April, Splinter talks with her, those are all scenes with the turtles and not only her.

I get your point, she got a lot of screentime that could have been used to maybe show Leo and Raph fighting or Donnie hacking April or just them eating Pizza.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:09 AM   #17
Creativemind
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower View Post
I agree. There are parts of the the movie that are good. Not a fan of the turtles learning how to fight from a book that Splinter found though. That part was kinda cheesy.
I think that can be fixed. Make them discover that the books they read only awakened their skills that they already had and go with the reincarnation story line like in the IDW comics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
What did you guys like about this movie, anyway? I just want to know.
Michelangelo's boner joke. Seriously though I liked the turtles personality and all and I enjoyed Will Arnett as Vernon but not much beyond that. I know I hated how big they made the turtles and lack of in depth story telling but I like the idea of having the turtles on the big screen again and so I view the movie with an open mind and an optimistic attitude in hopes that the sequel will patch up the story.

Last edited by Creativemind; 03-10-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Creativemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:07 AM   #18
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Is it wrong that I kinda laughed a bit when I read the title for this thread?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #19
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
You think of Aprils butt at the mountain chase, right?
I was thinking April being shoehorned into the origin and intervening in the raid in the lair saving Splinter's life and later intervening in the turtles battle with Shredder even delivering the final blow but now that you mention it Vernon being distracted by April's butt during the snowchase is another good example.

Quote:
Raph saving his brothers with April, April reporting from her fathers lab about he turtles, mikeys crush on April, Splinter talks with her, those are all scenes with the turtles and not only her.
See? Almost every scene features her or is about her. Regardless she's always the focus.

This is where people who claim this wasn't a TMNT movie have a point. If we are to take the director at his own word then it seems he only did a bit of research after the story was already locked down and only for the purpose of small things they could easily insert.

Don't get me wrong it's neat that Raph uses a chain like he did in the '07 movie or that Shredder delivers his "tonight I dine on turtle soup" line fron the animated series/video game and the like but what little of the mythology (generally unimportant stuff) that was present was an afterthought inserted into a story about April O'Neil. It's not that the the Yoshi/Saki connection was "too complex" as Liebesman claimed it was just too complex to insert in the story they'd crafted about April.

If they'd made it about the turtles from the start they wouldn't have had this problem.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #20
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

The only thing amazing here is the announcement of a sequel. Seriously how did this gain enough money for a sequel?
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 movie