The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #121
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't have any of it handy, but I've read several books that detail Donner and the others smoking mad joints at writing meetings during pre-production of the first "Superman" film. So there's that.

And now that it's no longer "too soon", it's coming out more and more that the animosity between Chris Reeve and pretty much "Everybody" was unbelievable. Turns out the guy had a huge ego and treated most everyone like crap from Day One, until he got hurt, at which point he became a "living saint" in people's eyes, mostly through his activism, which was fueled mostly through little more than self-interest.

Kind of a downer. He looked good in the suit, though, so... we'll always have that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #122
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I don't have any of it handy, but I've read several books that detail Donner and the others smoking mad joints at writing meetings during pre-production of the first "Superman" film. So there's that.

And now that it's no longer "too soon", it's coming out more and more that the animosity between Chris Reeve and pretty much "Everybody" was unbelievable. Turns out the guy had a huge ego and treated most everyone like crap from Day One, until he got hurt, at which point he became a "living saint" in people's eyes, mostly through his activism, which was fueled mostly through little more than self-interest.

Kind of a downer. He looked good in the suit, though, so... we'll always have that.
Well apparently Hackman and Kidder were heavy users, but Reeve didn't partake. My friend did say the he was arrogant and off putting. Then again, maybe when you're the only one sober while everyone else is putting their paycheck up their noses, you might be perceived as a douche.

Still the best Supes no matter what.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:15 AM   #123
jenna
Mad Scientist

Changes I would like to see to the designs:

1) smaller, slimmer, sleeker - more credible as ninjas
2) Raphael's body dimensions - his arms and shoulders were so big he was comically disproportionate
3) lose the lips -too human
4) Mike and Raph's nostrils slightly further apart, like Don and Leo. Nostrils so close gave them an overly human appearance
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:25 AM   #124
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Raph's toothpick should be removed lol.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:56 PM   #125
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Raph's toothpick should be removed lol.
That's not easy to give up, he'll prob need to use a toothpick patch for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
4) Mike and Raph's nostrils slightly further apart, like Don and Leo. Nostrils so close gave them an overly human appearance
Yeah, I prefer the wider nose, the narrowness on Raph and Mikey just looks look puppy-ish or something to me actually. I swear Raph's got a little bulldog DNA mixed in there somewhere. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #126
Powder
So tired of this place

Did Raph even have the toothpick in the movie? I've more or less wiped my memory banks of all traces.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #127
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I think they are gonna stay the same, Except they will probably have different clothing this time. I hope Donnie's backpack is smaller this time, If that thing was a battery pack, Maybe he found a way to make it smaller.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:39 PM   #128
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Considering almost 2 1/2 years have passed chronologically (I figured it out when on the season finale of Season 2 when Casey stated that Season 1's finale happened a year ago), I would like to see some signs of physical maturity to show that April and Casey are becoming young adults (April's like 18 now considering at the start of Season 1 she was 16)

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:16 AM   #129
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

I honestly don't see this bomb being disabled. Its like a doomsday machine. Who designs a way for a doomsday bomb to be disabled? And that's these turtles designs for me. They can only get more absurd Out of the Shadows would've been fine. just touch ups to add more of a realistic feel.
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:59 AM   #130
jenna
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That's not easy to give up, he'll prob need to use a toothpick patch for a while.

Yeah, I prefer the wider nose, the narrowness on Raph and Mikey just looks look puppy-ish or something to me actually. I swear Raph's got a little bulldog DNA mixed in there somewhere. lol
LOL on all counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Did Raph even have the toothpick in the movie? I've more or less wiped my memory banks of all traces.
Yes, he did. He sort of chewed on it like some stress-relief implement. I didn't hate it actually - it seemed fitting for his character - although I did wonder once or twice how he managed to keep hold of it (buried under rubble, flying upside down towards a Hummer etc)... It was the impossibly durable sun glasses all over again.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:39 AM   #131
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Think that scar by his lip is actually toothpick related? lol
Old 04-12-2015, 10:57 AM   #132
jenna
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Think that scar by his lip is actually toothpick related? lol
That must be it!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #133
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
That must be it!
there are some angles where his face is shot, and the toothpick looks like a second lip scar.

its just needs to go IMO. and the ray-bans too.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #134
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Knowing these film makers, if they got rid of it they'd probably just upgrade it to a crazy straw. Gotta have something to chew on, they don't know how else to portray him as tough.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:18 PM   #135
GiveMeBackMyRaphXLeo
Banned

i d like my cute cgi turtles back, n the beautiful bromance between leo n raph n a as promised more focused on the brotherhood between mike n don in the sequel.
GiveMeBackMyRaphXLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #136
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Smile

I would reduce their high and their bulkiness since they are ninja, not bodybuilders. Out with those lips; their shells positioned as they look in the cartoon series, not too high like in the movie. Out with the nostrils. About Donnie, I will remove all those gadgets attached to his shell and those Steve Urkel glasses. I will give him nice glasses to use them when he is working on his lab and for going to patrols, he can use contact lenses.

And the Shredder, he is a Ninja warrior, not Megatron.

Last edited by Klunk1234; 04-23-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #137
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeBackMyRaphXLeo View Post
i d like my cute cgi turtles back, n the beautiful bromance between leo n raph n a as promised more focused on the brotherhood between mike n don in the sequel.
Why do you care if they're cute? They are turtles and shuld stick with each.....oh.....you do mention the bromance....my mistake.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:48 PM   #138
pennydreadful
trash

Ah, but Jester - it's not just a bromance, it's a beautiful bromance!

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #139
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Dies laughing.

Trollio... think I'll help the Turtles get a retraining order from you.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #140
Donny's computer84
Thug

Smile

I would make them a little bit smaller in size and their faces be more like the 2003 Turtles. The Shredder be a little less robotic than he is. Maybe not so much equipment on Donny, also no glasses.
Donny's computer84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
designs in tmnt2, tmnt2