The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #21
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Thank you very much! I especially love #39 that combines the first and second versions of the introduction. Its a very good soundtrack that really captures the passion of this series appropriately. I love the rarely heard portions of some of these cues, such as the Foot Clan theme. Sure, the pre-Red Sky Fred Wolf and first movie soundtracks will always be my favorites, but 4kids did a great job too! Sure, I've done many splices of OT tracks, but it just takes so much time to do that we need to cherish what myself and others have provided. It does take 2 CDs (for those that still use CDs) though to fit all of this, though I'd leave some space on the other for from FW music.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #22
NiNi
Hench Mutant

Oh wow! That's very cool of you to share this. I'll have to be sure to check it out sometime.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #23
soliloquy
Thug

This is so great! Thank you for your hard work and dedication ... I'm in awe!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #24
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Thanks! PS Im subbed to your youtube ac****! For anyone who hasnt seen he has some awesome fan trailers and other music videos!
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #25
gobo
Wacky Action

Watch your ******* language, kid!

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #26
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

A couple quick updates:

I have a new version of "Happy Endings" that can be downloaded here. I just added an extra theme at the end. You can listen to the changes here before downloading if you'd like.

Also, someone on another forum made this great cover art for me:

Spoiler:

So you can use that if you listen to this on iTunes or something like that.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Thankyou so much! What an unbelievable effort...I haven't heard some of these before (some of the 2008 theme demos?), are they from the promos?

There were the two songs I can remember with actual lyrics used within the episode - you have 'Midnight Run', but there was another one when they first went back to the jungle using Uncle Augie's gadget ('April's Artifact' from s02, I think).
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #28
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Thankyou so much! What an unbelievable effort...I haven't heard some of these before (some of the 2008 theme demos?), are they from the promos?

There were the two songs I can remember with actual lyrics used within the episode - you have 'Midnight Run', but there was another one when they first went back to the jungle using Uncle Augie's gadget ('April's Artifact' from s02, I think).
Those 2008 theme demos were part of a "Pick Us a Rockin' Theme Song (Before Mikey Gets His Way) Challenge" in 2008. There was a poll and those theme demos (including the final BttS theme) were the winners. Mikey also gave three options - Soy Una Tortugita, Shake My Shell, and Pay the Billz.

I like Midnight Run, but that other song - I think it's called "Jungle Girl" - gives me a heart attack every time I hear it. It's so terrible. It's almost unbelievable how terrible it is. So I didn't bother including it.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #29
AleXviD
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I like Midnight Run, but that other song - I think it's called "Jungle Girl" - gives me a heart attack every time I hear it. It's so terrible. It's almost unbelievable how terrible it is. So I didn't bother including it.
I believe it's called "It's a Jungle Out There", though I can be wrong. But if you have a song in decent quality maybe you could give us a link? I know the song is kinda corny, but for some reason I fell in love with it the first time I heard it.
AleXviD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #30
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Yikes, can you imagine if track #48 had won! I'd be thinking of Blizzard Man the whole time.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #31
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Agreed. It's awful. ... But, I still want it!

BTW, the German CD that has the German dub of that song has it titled a German translation of "In The Jungle". But, it's all German to me.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP, gobo View Post
Agreed. It's awful. ... But, I still want it!

BTW, the German CD that has the German dub of that song has it titled a German translation of "In The Jungle". But, it's all German to me.
Okay, okay, I'll do it. But no way is it going into MY iTunes library.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:28 AM   #33
Shift
Random Punk

Great work on the compilation, SkeletonMan! You have my thanks for granting access to such an extensive library of background pieces!

The one area I felt could use work, though, was in the theme songs. The Fast Forward theme you had was in great shape and SFX-free, far beyond what I could have found. But many of the others were either low-quality recordings, or in the case of the original/BttS songs that had multiple parts all included, not quite what I lean towards musically.

I put together a smaller collection of the various themes and their instrumental tracks (compiled from both the episode DVDs and Turtles Forever).
I also added my own mixes of the 2k3 and BttS themes with the differing parts worked in.
Hope you enjoy these as complementary to the main album!

http://www.mediafire.com/?pm9rm2br96tpdb4

(Note: SKBNA is what the prototype 2003 theme was referred to in the credits of Turtles Forever. Judging from the lyrics, I'd hazard a guess it stands for something like "Steathy Kick-Butt Ninja Action".)

Last edited by Shift; 10-24-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #34
Powder
So tired of this place

You need an account to use 4shared. I'd suggest hosting that elsewhere as I imagine many won't go to the effort.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #35
Shift
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You need an account to use 4shared. I'd suggest hosting that elsewhere as I imagine many won't go to the effort.
^^^ Done and done.

Last edited by Shift; 10-24-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #36
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Great work on the compilation, SkeletonMan! You have my thanks for granting access to such an extensive library of background pieces!

The one area I felt could use work, though, was in the theme songs. The Fast Forward theme you had was in great shape and SFX-free, far beyond what I could have found. But many of the others were either low-quality recordings, or in the case of the original/BttS songs that had multiple parts all included, not quite what I lean towards musically.

I put together a smaller collection of the various themes and their instrumental tracks (compiled from both the episode DVDs and Turtles Forever).
I also added my own mixes of the 2k3 and BttS themes with the differing parts worked in.
Hope you enjoy these as complementary to the main album!

http://www.mediafire.com/?pm9rm2br96tpdb4

(Note: SKBNA is what the prototype 2003 theme was referred to in the credits of Turtles Forever. Judging from the lyrics, I'd hazard a guess it stands for something like "Steathy Kick-Butt Ninja Action".)
Wow, thanks! Your link's been added to the first post. I like what you did a lot.

I got the SFX-free FF song from the old ninjaturtles.com site.

Oh, and here's It's a Jungle Out There. There's talking, unfortunately. If you import this into iTunes or something like that it should automatically go into the TMNT album.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #37
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Judging from the lyrics, I'd hazard a guess it stands for something like "Steathy Kick-Butt Ninja Action".)
Close... It's "serious [etc]". That was one of the proposed tag-lines for the show. I used to think "what the shell does "SKONA" mean" until it came out on DVD.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #38
Shift
Random Punk

Quote:
Wow, thanks! Your link's been added to the first post. I like what you did a lot.

I got the SFX-free FF song from the old ninjaturtles.com site.
Wow, I wish I had know about that; I knew of the site, but I didn't realize they had song downloads. Did the have the original 2k3 theme too? I've been looking for a really good clean version of that, as the one I included came from a commercial with less optimal sound quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP, gobo View Post
Close... It's "serious [etc]". That was one of the proposed tag-lines for the show. I used to think "what the shell does "SKONA" mean" until it came out on DVD.
Glad it now makes more sense for the both of us. XD
Old 10-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #39
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Wow, I wish I had know about that; I knew of the site, but I didn't realize they had song downloads. Did the have the original 2k3 theme too? I've been looking for a really good clean version of that, as the one I included came from a commercial with less optimal sound quality.
I think it had sound effects, but I'll dig through my old computer to find the original.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #40
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior

Thank you. Listened to this on my tPod at the dojo this morning.
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote