The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #2421
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 13,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by letscook89 View Post
Hmm do you think guys that this movie movie could be as long as Transformers 4 (2h45) ?
All they are cramming into it, it at least needs to be. Would be nice, as long as they aren't bore us too much with boring human-only stuff. A longer film might get some more down time which would be appreciated. (I hope the elevator scene being popular told them something.)

Interesting pics. My only guess is the covered cars could be placeholders to be edited out. Assuming the shot was during or close to filming, I like how they have them in shadow so they don't have to worry about weird car shadows. Likewise the one with the "snow," in shadow and no trees casting any... now I'm going to be looking to see how much of this stuff is filmed in shadow. lol

And that little black camera car is an odd looking bugger.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-19-2015 at 02:24 PM.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 02:19 PM   #2422
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
But why ? With all these characters to introduce, it will be totally rushed if they keep the same time of 1h30. All Michael Bay's ****ing movies are way longer, with at least 2 hours of crap.
letscook89 is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 04:47 PM   #2423
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,947
Found another video of the Car Chase.
https://instagram.com/p/5VRcx8EQ87/?...tninjaturtles2

This one is interesting, There's 2 people standing on top of a car looking up, While there's a car chase going on, and people running away.
Perhaps its an alien invasion by Krang? Perhaps the Technodrome shows up?
https://instagram.com/p/5VOKWaqAEs/?...=ninjaturtles2
__________________

Last edited by TigerClaw; 07-19-2015 at 05:05 PM.
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 05:41 PM   #2424
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Hahaha no.

It's not going to be much longer than the first one. If any longer.
I disagree. I doubt it's going to be much longer than a 120 minute runtime, but it's definitely not going to be a 90 minutes. They've got a lot to cover. They're obviously still going to rush it, but they wouldn't be able to fit it in 90 minutes.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 05:54 PM   #2425
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I disagree. I doubt it's going to be much longer than a 120 minute runtime, but it's definitely not going to be a 90 minutes. They've got a lot to cover. They're obviously still going to rush it, but they wouldn't be able to fit it in 90 minutes.
it could still be 90 mins..they could decide to cut stuff completely, and it wouldnt be the first time bay has done it

james avery ( uncle phil and original shredder) recorded lines for Silverbolt in transformers 3 and the character never even showed up
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #2426
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 24,388
If it's 2 hours or less, they can have more showings.

Make no mistake: Nobody working on this movie cares how "good" it is or if it's "Rushed" or "crammed". All that matters is that it's done in time for the release date, and can be run as often as possible to make as much money as possible during it's first two weeks. They know for a fact that even when... sorry, IF, it's a giant piece of sh*t, people will still hear "Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang" and go see it in droves... even if it's all done terribly.

The people slapping this thing together desperately want it to stay under two hours, so they can run it more times per day and make more money. It worked last time, so they're going to do their best to copy that. They also have to know from reading all the feedback that NOBODY would sit through 2.5 hours of this sh*t.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 06:07 PM   #2427
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
If it's 2 hours or less, they can have more showings.

Make no mistake: Nobody working on this movie cares how "good" it is or if it's "Rushed" or "crammed". All that matters is that it's done in time for the release date, and can be run as often as possible to make as much money as possible during it's first two weeks. They know for a fact that even when... sorry, IF, it's a giant piece of sh*t, people will still hear "Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang" and go see it in droves... even if it's all done terribly.

The people slapping this thing together desperately want it to stay under two hours, so they can run it more times per day and make more money. It worked last time, so they're going to do their best to copy that. They also have to know from reading all the feedback that NOBODY would sit through 2.5 hours of this sh*t.
The weird thing is, Bay's Transformers movies are incredibly long. Like, Dark Knight or Lord of the Rings long.

TMNT having been reduced to 90 minutes is on Nickelodeon, not Bay. So I'm wondering IF we do get a longer movie, will it be because Bay demanded a longer movie? 110 movies is still under 2 hours...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 06:16 PM   #2428
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Nick wouldnt really have a say on run time..actually not sure how much say they would have in genenral since the rights to the movie production is in the hands of Bay and co
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #2429
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
Nick wouldnt really have a say on run time..actually not sure how much say they would have in genenral since the rights to the movie production is in the hands of Bay and co
I remember hearing from multiple sources that a number of the cuts were actually to drop the runtime at Nick's mandate. 'Cause they wanted more screenings per day, for more cash.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #2430
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 24,388
Those Transformers movies confuse me. Literally nobody asked for them to be 3 hours long, they don't work, and they do nothing at ALL to justify the running time. THOSE movies would absolutely be much, MUCH better if they were trimmed down to 90 minutes. They'd still be awful, but at least you wouldn't feel like NEVER watching a movie again once they were over with.

I'm convinced those movies being never-ending is all part of Bay's "F*** You, I do whatever I want and it makes a billion, despite all logic" thing that he does. "You say these movies are loud, stupid, and never-ending? OK... they're gonna be Louder, Dumber, and they're gonna keep getting longer! Watch the box office skyrocket, ya f***in' nerds!"" And it works.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 06:27 PM   #2431
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Those Transformers movies confuse me. Literally nobody asked for them to be 3 hours long, they don't work, and they do nothing at ALL to justify the running time. THOSE movies would absolutely be much, MUCH better if they were trimmed down to 90 minutes. They'd still be awful, but at least you wouldn't feel like NEVER watching a movie again once they were over with.

I'm convinced those movies being never-ending is all part of Bay's "F*** You, I do whatever I want and it makes a billion, despite all logic" thing that he does. "You say these movies are loud, stupid, and never-ending? OK... they're gonna be Louder, Dumber, and they're gonna keep getting longer! Watch the box office skyrocket, ya f***in' nerds!"" And it works.
Michael Bay is the Devil of Geek Theology.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 06:43 PM   #2432
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 13,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Michael Bay is the Devil of Geek Theology.
It's all so clear now. Though I'm clueless on what we (and the Turtles) are being punished for.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 06:49 PM   #2433
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 24,388
For honestly expecting that movies based on action figures and cartoons not be epic piles of garbage.

That'll learn us.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #2434
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 13,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
For honestly expecting that movies based on action figures and cartoons not be epic piles of garbage.

That'll learn us.
lol Hey, the right hands could turn almost anything into a master piece. Too bad it was put into hands that turn out a script who's pages would have better use as origami (and would be the most Asian-related thing about it).
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #2435
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 24,388
Try telling THEM that.

The entire approach to both the Transformers and TMNT movies is based on the "mission statement" of: "It's for kids, and kids are stupid, so who gives a sh*t?"

It was hopeless from the start.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #2436
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
lol Hey, the right hands could turn almost anything into a master piece. Too bad it was put into hands that turn out a script who's pages would have better use as origami (and would be the most Asian-related thing about it).
The only way Bay could've exorcised every last Japanese cultural reference from TMNT is if he had replaced the sai, katana, bo, and nunchaku with guns, machetes, brass knuckles, and tasers.

Waitaminute... the Foot Clan had guns and tasers.

Nope, never mind. You were right.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 09:36 PM   #2437
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,947
Here's all the car chase filming on Youtube.











__________________
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 07-19-2015, 11:37 PM   #2438
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Two things:

1. The Transformers movies would be so much better if they were 90 minutes. Give it a big budget and a shorter runtime, and you could actually HAVE a Transformers movie centered on the Transformers. I think that's why TMNT had more TMNT in it than Transformers had Transformers.

2. With that said, it's not Bay who's saying make it shorter. He'd stretch the thing out if he could, all to give it more explosions. When I say this movie can't be 90 minutes, I mean it literally can't be 90 minutes. Based on what we've seen, they're doing A LOT more extensive shoots. I think this could be 110 minutes, but here's what we know is going to happen (not in order)

1. New Shredder and Karai.
2. Baxter Stockman.
3. Cameos. Lots and lots of cameos.
4. Vern scenes.
5. April scenes.
6. Casey scenes.
7. Casey and April scenes.
8. Car chases.
9. More car chases.
10. Bebop and Rocksteady as humans.
11. Bebop and Rocksteady being mutated.
12. Bebop and Rocksteady somehow working for Shredder a/o Krang.
13. The general concept of Krang and exposition about who he is.
14. Like, 17 explosions.
15. Scenes made ENTIRELY of CGI.
16. A final battle with at least 7 cutaways to April, making the final battle about 30 seconds in total.
17. April undercover.
18. Cops.
19. Cops and their cars going *BOOOOOOOOOM.*

I'm not going to even include scenes with the Turtles, because we all know there aren't going to be that many. But still, given all of this, the shortest running time I see is 110 minutes. It's STILL going to be rushed as hell, but there's a difference between rushing and not being able to fit everything into 90 minutes.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 03:43 AM   #2439
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
Yeah but the 2014 movie was kind of "Michael Bay light" because he didn't directly direct it. I have the feeling that Liebesman and the other stupid producers tried to make a Transformer-like movie to copy Bay's "work".
It had less explosions (about 4 or 5), less racist stereotypes and sexism (Fox is the main character contrary to Transformers where she was only a sexual object, less bad taste humor (we only had a fart joke and Megan Fox's butt sequence) than in a Transformer movie. It was still a Bay movie but it was less awful than one of his official movie like Transformers 4.
letscook89 is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 04:20 AM   #2440
Powder
So tired of this place
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 26,449
I wouldn't say it was Michael Bay Light because visually it was very much in his image. The designs, the drastic changes, that was all his doing. I know what you mean, though.
__________________



I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.