The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-05-2021, 07:45 AM   #61
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Walmart Exclusive BST AXN 5” Foot Soldiers 4-Pack: https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/570...mpaign_id=9383
So are these going to be too small to go along with the NECA stuff?
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:03 AM   #62
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
Yes, most of the NECA figures are in the 7 inch scale like the other adult collector items from NECA.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:10 PM   #63
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Did I miss the preorder for the 4 turtles?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:03 PM   #64
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Did I miss the preorder for the 4 turtles?
No. Only the Black and White Battle Damage turtles and Colored Foot Soldiers have gone live.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:58 PM   #65
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I saw these in person and they look great, I might need to get one of them at least. They look different enough from the figuarts and look fun to pose.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 10:00 AM   #66
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Any word on when these are supposed to hit shelves?

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:03 AM   #67
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
If you are looking at the foot it might be possible to fudge them in, but they will probably look odd right next to a NECA figure. I was thinking as ones already taken down or in the background they might be OK.

Old 10-26-2021, 09:03 AM   #68
mikey0
Foot Elite

Shredder, Bebop, a Foot Soldier, and Casey Jones may be coming soon: https://mobile.twitter.com/preternia...79382092500997
Old 10-26-2021, 09:17 AM   #69
Powder
So tired of this place

Might hafta cop that Casey. Not the best head sculpt, but that's my dude right there.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:34 AM   #70
IMJ
Emperor

Those look fantastic.

See, this is the thing in this hobby at large - it never ends. You think that someone makes "definitive" versions of a character (or definitive enough for you), like NECA with Fred Wolf. But then a place like Loyal Subjects comes along and does this.

I'd love to be all-in on these, but I'm going to have to make the long-term call as to whether or not it's worth it. I have a modest TMNT display right now, but for the most part all of my vintage stuff is in acid-free bagged storage and all but the first wave or so of my NECA stuff is still boxed in storage.

Rough call.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:35 PM   #71
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Any word on when these are supposed to hit shelves?
The turtles, Shredder, Bebop, Casey Jones, and Foot Soldier are up for pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...=Pterniadotcom
Old 10-26-2021, 03:47 PM   #72
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Why no love for Rocksteady? I mean how can you do Shredder and Bebop without Rocksteady? Also I wish they would have swapped the extra head for Mike and Don. Mikey should have the smile.

Old 10-26-2021, 05:37 PM   #73
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Why no love for Rocksteady? I mean how can you do Shredder and Bebop without Rocksteady? Also I wish they would have swapped the extra head for Mike and Don. Mikey should have the smile.
Probably will be in the next wave with Krang, April, Splinter and Baxter or something.

The head-sculpts were originally based on the Figuarts but ended up taking a life of their own.

I was initially taking a wait-and-see approach to see if the Loyal Subjects were going to commit to the line (or bail out prematurely like Bandai --pretty sure they are kicking themselves after seeing the runaway success of NECA and S7) but it looks like there will be a few waves, at least.

I like their stylistic approach with the ridiculously bright colors, smaller scale and budget-friendly price tag. They need to distinguish themselves somehow from competitors.

Last edited by Dask; 10-26-2021 at 05:54 PM.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:44 PM   #74
IMJ
Emperor

I caved and pre-ordered everything x's 2 from BBTS on these. They look amazing and are probably as close to a 4" line that we will ever see for this I.P. If they are awesome upon arrival, then I'm washing my hands of NECA to continue with this line, and these will be my last hurrah into Fred Wolf, probably ever.
Old 10-26-2021, 05:54 PM   #75
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I caved and pre-ordered everything x's 2 from BBTS on these. They look amazing and are probably as close to a 4" line that we will ever see for this I.P. If they are awesome upon arrival, then I'm washing my hands of NECA to continue with this line, and these will be my last hurrah into Fred Wolf, probably ever.
Did you get the foot soldier multi-pack from Walmart? I preordered those as well and pre-ordered the entire line from BBTS. I checked out an unboxing video for the 4 brothers and thought it looked pretty great for what its worth. The only thing I skipped was the Walmart-exclusive black-and-white bloody variants because they don't make sense to me.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 06:16 PM   #76
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Did you get the foot soldier multi-pack from Walmart? I preordered those as well and pre-ordered the entire line from BBTS. I checked out an unboxing video for the 4 brothers and thought it looked pretty great for what its worth. The only thing I skipped was the Walmart-exclusive black-and-white bloody variants because they don't make sense to me.

No, I literally just before I made that post went over to BBTS online and pre-ordered the four Turtles, Shredder, Bebop, the Foot and Casey x's 2.

I didn't even know there were Wal-Mart anything.

-EDIT-
I just saw the black and white Turtles pack at Wal-Mart.com. Not interested. But I DID just now order the Foot Soldier pack. So thanks on that! I should've ordered all five that were left, but I only dropped for two of the Foot packs.

Last edited by IMJ; 10-26-2021 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #77
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Probably will be in the next wave with Krang, April, Splinter and Baxter or something.
Lets hope your right.

I wonder if these will scale well enough with the figuarts brothers. I also wonder if Shredder's helmet will come off like figuarts planned.

Old 10-27-2021, 03:11 PM   #78
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Lets hope your right.

I wonder if these will scale well enough with the figuarts brothers. I also wonder if Shredder's helmet will come off like figuarts planned.
The BST AXN TMNT figures are 1 inch shorter than the S.H. Figuarts turtles.
Old 10-27-2021, 05:12 PM   #79
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The BST AXN TMNT figures are 1 inch shorter than the S.H. Figuarts turtles.
I love it! Like I said above, it's probably the closest we will ever come to a 4" line that I'm always going on about.

And the art direction of this line really goes a long way for me. They look incredibly Fred Wolf.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:01 PM   #80
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

i am still more amazed that this company is putting out better tmnt product than playmates has in the last 5-7 years.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote