The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-28-2021, 05:15 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Are safe spaces and trigger warnings still a thing?

I'm honestly curious. Do they still have these things on college campuses, or did they quietly go away? Like, are people honestly saying stuff like, "OK, before I begin... trigger warning:" with a straight face or offering spaces that are "safe" from, well, speech? I feel like I'm seeing a lot less of it, at least on the internet.

Seems like we're still listening to people who want freedom from speech and not freedom of speech.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:24 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

No. Because that mania subsided somewhat amidst whatever the new mania immediately after it was.

It was a fad. The media bought into it as a statement and "term of use"; and therefore the low-information part of the population got on board as a new "fad element" of the time. But now it's not flung around as much or even at all, although it was a source of liberal outrage and nonsense. But now, not flung around. Showing how manipulative and fleeting that whole thing really was. There will be hangers-on and late-comer-compliance, but ultimately it's not a movement anymore and that's immediate proof of the entire thought process behind it.

"Trigger warnings", "safe spaces" and most of the other extremist bul;$#!( we saw going on will be remembered as a societal fad for the low-information-citizen that is akin to Cabbage Patch Dolls in the 80's Beanie Babies and Furbies in the 90's and so on. If those people had been part of an "improve your own lifestyle according to the tenets of the country movement" they'd all be rich and in great life-places. But they did "safe spaces", "trigger warnings", blue-hair and "racism under every rock" instead. And.... you know.... now back to their pre-outrage life-space, yet no improvement in life for basically any of them for the effort and evil.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:31 PM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The only traces I see anymore watching videos where if the person is going to be going into subjects dealing with rape, abuse, self-harm, thoughts of suicide, and other dark matters, they do say 'trigger warning' and advise you to stop watching the video or whatever.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:35 PM   #4
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The only traces I see anymore watching videos where if the person is going to be going into subjects dealing with rape, abuse, self-harm, thoughts of suicide, and other dark matters, they do say 'trigger warning' and advise you to stop watching the video or whatever.
My first degree was in Psychology. Cognitive primers and "content warnings" are effective and fine. But taking it that step further into "Trigger Warnings" normalizes psychopathy and normalizes extreme, nonsense reactions to content to the extent that it invites by using the term "Trigger". As if someone's gunpowder like response to content is actually okay.

The point? "Trigger warnings" tried to normalize the exaggerated emotions of abnormal or non-well-adjusted people instead of just having the kinds of content warnings we've had for years in things like film or games, etc.

"Trigger warnings" basically validated the extreme nutcases nonsense and actually invites more problems from them instead of normalization.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:41 PM   #5
The Deadman
Foot Elite

No, there are still safe spaces. You just dont hear about them unless you go on Twitter or Reddit.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:28 PM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
No, there are still safe spaces. You just dont hear about them unless you go on Twitter or Reddit.
Exactly. The only viable outlet for the brain trust cluster of humanity that was ground zero for much of the insanity across the last many years.