The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Pffff I got a week ban for basically telling people 'it's ok to admit the BayTurtles movie sucks and the models look hideous, no one's gonna ask you to turn in your TMNT fan badge for admitting this one TMNT product sucks'. I guess also for calling people 'idiots for gobbling up anything with a TMNT brand name attached to it' but I mean.... if the shoe fits...... I mean, you can be a fan, but you gotta have standards m'dude.

I mean this forum is kinda like that too. One of their rules, no matter how antiquated it is by now since so many versions have come since then, it can still be used today, is to not insult the old cartoon too much considering this is a forum named after the old cartoon. This was more heavily enforced when 2K3 was new and every other thread was bashing the 80's show with how much better this new show was and all that, but once in a while if you go too overboard with insulting the old show, that rule will still rear its ugly head.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:57 AM   #42
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

I believe I read on Peter Laird's blog or heard from a Michael Sinterniklaas (Leonardo) interview that one of the original goals of the show was to make it feel not only like the Mirage comics, but the 1990 movie as well. I don't know about the comics since I haven't really read them in full beyond Issue #1 and some screenshots, but when I watched the 1990 movie for the first time after seeing the 2003 cartoon, the similarities were uncanny. If a lot of people love that movie, then I assume it could be argued that the 4Kids cartoon, if given the chance, is the least contentious cartoon as well, even if other versions excel in places where it didn't.

As for the Fred Wolf cartoon, it was the first version I saw through reruns. It's not my favorite, but I really enjoy the moments with Shredder, Splinter, Raphael, and Casey Jones. I don't really have any affection for most of the other mutant and human characters though. If people really want to emulate that show, they should try focusing on the characterization and comedy. I think that's what WB's 2001 cartoon was kind of going to be like before it got turned down in favor of 4Kids.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:20 PM   #43
AquaParade
Banned

Has this series ever been presented in HD? Seasons 1-4?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:16 PM   #44
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Has this series ever been presented in HD? Seasons 1-4?
A YouTube channel (RexRude99- a member of this forum), did remaster the show into an exceptional quality, but the videos have since been made private since he seemed to get hit with copyright strikes. They might resurface one day, but I wouldn't bet on it. There are some on YouTube in a resolution between 480-720p per episode

Last edited by The Turtle Terminator; 08-20-2020 at 12:34 PM.
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote