The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 01-31-2014, 04:53 AM   #21
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Just awesome, and yet another cool thing you like, Gravity Falls

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:12 AM   #22
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Love those drawings, especially your OCs. Keep them coming.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:59 PM   #23
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossombrooks View Post
These really are excellent! The Mabel one, hee hee. I've said it before but I love your lines, they have so much movement.
Thanks so much! I am glad you enjoyed the one with Mabel, I had a lot of fun with that one. I love sketching and sketchlines so that really means a lot. I will be drawing Gravity Falls characters with some TMNT sooner or later. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Just awesome, and yet another cool thing you like, Gravity Falls
I appreciate that! Yes, I love Gravity Falls! I am thinking of drawing Dipper and Mabel meeting Cajun Leatherhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Love those drawings, especially your OCs. Keep them coming.
Great to hear it! I actually have a pitbull anthro OC that I just posted below with a few other drawings. I will definitely keep them coming, thanks a lot!

This is the first concept I did of "Baxter Dog." I didn't have as much success in the end but still decided to show it here. I think the one I drew of him with Mikey came out better. I tried to give him a dopey pose, but definitely could have pulled it off better.

This is a version of Scooby Doo I drew in my style for my comic. This Scooby can talk perfect English and is as intelligent as he is brave.

Here is one of my original characters made for my comic. He is an anthro pitbull and is also a pretty nice guy. But if pushed, he is an excellent fighter.

This is a mock model sheet I made for a character of the cancelled film version of Don Bluth's "Banjo the Woodpile Cat." Just in case someone is wondering
who Don Bluth is, he created the animated films All Dogs Go To Heaven and the first American Tail. He was one of my main inspirations as a kid. There were
only some details in writing on what this character may have looked like and I tried to draw him myself.

A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #24
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Very awesome Jon, well done! You've got great talent, love your characters' anatomy details. Keep it up.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #25
NiNi
Hench Mutant

AWESOME work!

One thing I especially love about your artwork are the expressions you draw~! They're so lively. ^_^ I cannot wait to see more of your work.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #26
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Very awesome Jon, well done! You've got great talent, love your characters' anatomy details. Keep it up.
Thanks Shark Blade, I will definitely keep it up! I look forward to seeing more of your work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNi View Post
AWESOME work!

One thing I especially love about your artwork are the expressions you draw~! They're so lively. ^_^ I cannot wait to see more of your work.
Truly appreciate it! Expressions are one of my favorite things to do, so glad you enjoy them. I will be posting more soon. I also like your icon, is that an original character?

Old 02-04-2014, 12:30 AM   #27
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Really awesome stuff here, love the Don Bluth inspired art. Again you should work for disney!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 02-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #28
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think Don Bluth also did the original Land Before Time movie if I remember correctly. Awesome artwork, Jon. You really are talented.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:11 AM   #29
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
Thanks Shark Blade, I will definitely keep it up! I look forward to seeing more of your work too.
Cool. Let's keep getting better together.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #30
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Really awesome stuff here, love the Don Bluth inspired art. Again you should work for disney!
I am inspired to draw some more now, thanks for the inspiring comments. I hope one day I can work for them or a similar animation company. From the things I have researched, I know I have a long way to go! But I love to draw and do it all the time.

Quote:
I think Don Bluth also did the original Land Before Time movie if I remember correctly. Awesome artwork, Jon. You really are talented.
Yes he did, that is still such a good movie! And I appreciate it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Cool. Let's keep getting better together. http://i.imgur.com/F9I89pE.gif
Sounds great, let's do it! I draw and study so much and only improve 1% but I will never give up. I have more drawings below!

This is the Cajun Leatherhead and Mabel drawing I was talking about doing. I think it turned out rather well.

Does anyone remember Triumph the Insult Comic Dog from Conan O' Brien? I drew him as an anthro for the comic I am doing.

This is Yogi Bear drawn in my style.

Here we have Pfish and Chip from "What a Cartoon Show". They unfortunately only had 2 pilot episodes and didn't get a full series.

And this is one of my favorite Digimon teams, the tragic Leomon and Jeri from Digimon Tamers.

Here we have Po from Kung Fu Panda. He is also one of my favorite characters.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:30 AM   #31
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Do you have a dev art page? if not yu should. I love the style it's breath taking.
I know I have said it before but working for Disney or comics, or even illustrating books might be a great step for you.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #32
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome job on this stuff. I love those pictures. Triumph was always hilarious, too.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #33
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Do you have a dev art page? if not yu should. I love the style it's breath taking.
I know I have said it before but working for Disney or comics, or even illustrating books might be a great step for you.
Yes I do, I have been on there for a pretty long time. I am DarkMane on there. http://darkmane.deviantart.com And thanks, I am glad you like my style. I have been working harder to create my own, as I drew after Bluth and Disney so long. I am starting to see my style get stronger though. I want to have a mixture between cartoon and anime. But I plan to throw more realism too. I think I am getting there.

Quote:
Awesome job on this stuff. I love those pictures. Triumph was always hilarious, too.
I appreciate it! Yes, Triumph was always one of my favorite characters, how dare they retire him! But I felt he deserved to be drawn as an anthro and I will keep on doing fanart of him.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #34
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Following you now, and you have even more awesome artwork there!

Old 02-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #35
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Following you now, and you have even more awesome artwork there!
Thanks a lot! Yeah I have quite a few drawings there heheh, I followed you back. I look forward to seeing you on there too.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #36
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

Here is a bit more art from me. I am in the process of doing more TMNT art, but hope you guys like these in the meantime. This first one is a practice/fanart of one of Don Bluth's cancelled films "Kandu Song of the Ice Whale." I could only find 2 images of him and the bottom drawing of him pointing is done with direct reference. The other 3 headshots are my own attempts at some expressions. Although Bruno is a polar bear, his design reminds me of Itchy and Jenner combined. I really wish this movie had come out, seems like this would have been a pretty interesting character.

Here are two head shots of my original T-Rex character Aldin. And "Adventures in Dinosaur Forest" is the name of yet another unrealized comic I once wanted to do. I was going through my sketchbook and came across this....I had completely forgotten about it. He looks mean most of the time, but he can show emotion as you see in the right drawing. He is a good guy but has a bit of a temper.

Two drawings of Brer Gator and one with Brer Rabbit. Done with reference.
Characters © Universal

Here is my original dragon character, Xendene again. He is often paired with my other original character Erica, the human child who shares his soul. This drawing is for a future idea and comic. Xendene is picked by the Dragon King to be on the front line of an upcoming war. Since Xendene is one of the biggest dragons, it is assumed he is a great fighter without fear. Too bad that is way off.....

Old 02-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #37
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Goodness, such a great style, and eveything looks so polished.One word screams at me when I look at your art. TALENT!

Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #38
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Goodness, such a great style, and eveything looks so polished.One word screams at me when I look at your art. TALENT!
I am really glad you enjoy my art and style. It is very inspiring, thanks again!

Old 02-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #39
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior

That picture of OT Leatherhead and Mabel is awesome, I love it. I'm also really digging Triumph, keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #40
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome new pics, Jon. I love them and can't wait to see more from you.

Tags
fan art, nickelodeon, tmnt 2012