The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #101
gobo
Wacky Action

Perhaps he meant s03e[etc]. That's the only way it could possibly make sense.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #102
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I don't know if this has been asked but has anyone managed to place the episode that Donatello refers about wishing he had the anti gravity boots from that previous episode. The reference doesn't make continuity sense as it is.
That's Enter The Rat King when they climbed the Channel 6 building. I assume the episode he was talking about was Sky Turtles since that was the only episode that had the antigravity boots. But that was episode 4 or 5 of season 3, not 6.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #103
ToTheNines
[sic]

We doin this or what?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #104
JoeD80
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
The reference doesn't make continuity sense as it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Perhaps he meant s03e[etc].
I figured he meant episode 6 of season 3...although now I have Sky Turtles as episode 7. Hm....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
But that was episode 4 or 5 of season 3, not 6.
Yeah but April Fool and Old Switcheroo are definitely way out of order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
We doin this or what?
Yes! Was busy writing (done last week) and barely had time to grab a sandwich let alone watch TMNT. Nothing tonight, but new updates ready for tomorrow.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #105
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Interesting thread to say the least...
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #106
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD80 View Post
Thank you Krang.

BTW, to the others that posted information on stuff like The Fifth Turtle, The Big Zipp attack, etc. I have all your messages saved with responses for when I get to those episodes, so don't think I've ignored it!

Now on to the current three episodes:

Curse of the Evil Eye: This seems to be placed in the only place it can, at the end of all the eye episodes. So The Incredible Shrinking Turtles & It Came from Beneath the Sewers both involve the first fragment since Baxter misplaces it; The Mean Machines covers the 2nd, and Curse covers the 3rd. Baxter becomes progressively more agitated by Shredder, which leads me to my first real question of these early episodes ---

Case of the Killer Pizzas -- in this episode, Baxter is still fairly obsequious and I've always wondered if this made more sense *before* the episodes involving the Eye. Krang does help Shredder a little bit in this episode though, so maybe he wasn't willing to do that until Shredder went through the adventures with the Eye. The main thought I had is that Shredder wouldn't be as willing to accept Baxter's help after the whole trying to steal the eye for himself thing. So I'd be interested if anyone else had similar thoughts about this episode or if it's just me.

Enter: the Fly -- the end of Baxter and Bebop & Rocksteady return from Dimension X. This one only has one spot to go in since all the episodes without Baxter have Bebop & Rocksteady on Earth.

Check the top list for my updates.
Quote:
That's the beauty of this thread; it's time for the revolution! Remember, we are going for as much continuity as possible, so if it makes more sense in that order, we should put it in that way, but also remember, everyone is allowed to make comments on episodes already placed if they don't agree with its position. I want to hear some good arguments from other people rather than just listening to the voices in my head! Meanwhile, I count that as two votes for moving this one so I will.

Now on to the next three episodes:

-Invasion of the Punk Frogs -- Splinter makes an interesting comment in this episode -- that "all indications are that Shredder plans to get the Technodrome back from Dimension X." Yet there hadn't been any indication of this yet. I believe there are some other episodes coming up where Shredder does try to open a portal to Dimension X, so I would think those would go before this episode.

-The Catwoman from Channel Six -- The big bit here is that Irma finally meets the Turtles, so any episodes where she still is wondering about April and the turtles has to go before this episode. It was kind of fun to watch this right after Fly and Frogs -- Shredder tries to train another mutant to go after the turtles in all 3 episodes (Fly, Frogs, Cat)!

-New York's Shiniest -- I noticed in this episode that Irma never does visit the turtles here. This one has a very interesting event -- the Turtles crash the Turtle Van off the bridge -- and then Splinter & April leave the sewers in the Turtle Van! Interestingly in this episode Krang says he's not going to help Shredder any more if he messes this one up. Since he gets a matter transporter from Krang in Catwoman, perhaps this one does go after. Irma doesn't ever show up in the sewers though, although she doesn't make her usual comment here about April always talking about the turtles.

As always, check the top of the thread.
Quote:
It's on Earth in Planet of the Turtleoids. It looks like a mountain, but I think it's supposed to be the Arctic. And Krang plans to free the Technodrome using a heat ray, so that seems to go with the whole stuck in ice thing.

Well after watching Return of the Technodrome, it actually has a couple of ties to Catwoman from Channel Six, including Irma and Krang, so those are definitely tied together in continuity.

So on to the episodes:

Splinter No More -- this one has Shredder attempting to open the portal to Dimension X without using Krang's help. I think this comes before Frogs for two reasons -- first, because Splinter talks about "all sings pointing to Shredder having the Technodrome return" in the Frogs episode, and also this episode talks about mutagen like we haven't heard it in awhile, and then we see it in Frogs again.

Teenagers from Dimension X -- this one has Shredder attempting to open the portal yet again. Krang does give Shredder some new technology in this one (the mutant brain drain). I think this one comes after Krang decided Shredder's ideas are OK in Frogs.

Return of the Technodrome -- this one is the finale for the season.

So: New York's Shiniest - Krang "if this doesn't work, you'll be stuck with these two forever" -> Splinter No More - attempt to open the portal without Krang's help/mutagen -> Invasion of the Punk Frogs/more mutagen - Krang "I guess you can have good ideas" -> Teenagers from Dimension X - brain drain / portal -> Catwoman - Irma meeting turtles - Krang saying Technodrome will return -> Return of the Technodrome - Irma wants to do everything with the turtles now / Technodrome Returns

I thought of a new guideline: If you have something about an episode we're not even close to yet, go ahead and say it and I'll add a way to track it at the top. Then we'll revisit those comments when we get there. So previous comments on Zipp Attack, Planet of the Turtleoids, etc. will be reflected at this time. (Guideline 1B added)

(Reminder: Check the top for upcoming episodes as well)

So, check the top list for my updates, and please feel free to make any arguments or comments.

Just a few quick tidbits while watching Season 2, I'm not too convinced curse of the killer Pizza's takes place before the eye of sarnath saga. First of all the first comment from Krang that he hasn't been able to defeat the Turtles implies that Shredder has been doing this for a while, the turtles also seem to be aware that Shredder is always up to no good. To me these things imply that a few adventures happened after Return of the Shredder, sure it's not necessarily explicit that more happened but it'd make more sense. Also I think while Baxter does become more deviant in the eye of sarnath saga, he is fairly obsequious in Enter the Fly before he is transformed into a fly so that means the relation between Shredder/Baxter went back to status quo. The fact that the comic TMNT Adventures adapted Eye of Sarnath after return of the shredder might be another hint that it's the correct order.

Also the comment about Splinter mentioning that Shredder seems to plan to get the technodrome back from dimension x doesn't necessarily mean other episodes took place before it since none of the episodes you put before it would make Splinter make that deduction, that is just a bad line and out of nowhere since nothing implies that is what Shredder is doing, in fact it is not ever mentioned on the villains side.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #107
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Just a few quick tidbits while watching Season 2, I'm not too convinced curse of the killer Pizza's takes place before the eye of sarnath saga. First of all the first comment from Krang that he hasn't been able to defeat the Turtles implies that Shredder has been doing this for a while, the turtles also seem to be aware that Shredder is always up to no good. To me these things imply that a few adventures happened after Return of the Shredder, sure it's not necessarily explicit that more happened but it'd make more sense. Also I think while Baxter does become more deviant in the eye of sarnath saga, he is fairly obsequious in Enter the Fly before he is transformed into a fly so that means the relation between Shredder/Baxter went back to status quo. The fact that the comic TMNT Adventures adapted Eye of Sarnath after return of the shredder might be another hint that it's the correct order.
Case of the Killer Pizza's works better after the Sarnath saga to me even if Baxter is working with shredder there despite his betrayal in the Sarnath saga.
I mean at the start of the episode "Enter the fly" Shredder and Baxter are also working together plotting something on the WTC towers. I don't find it weird Shredder rehires Baxter after his betrayal. If it bothers you maybe you could picture Baxter helped Shredder escape after the eye exploded in "curse of the evil eye". The TMNT mention Shredder dissappeared but they don't explain how.

Quote:
Also the comment about Splinter mentioning that Shredder seems to plan to get the technodrome back from dimension x doesn't necessarily mean other episodes took place before it since none of the episodes you put before it would make Splinter make that deduction, that is just a bad line and out of nowhere since nothing implies that is what Shredder is doing, in fact it is not ever mentioned on the villains side.
Wrong! In "Splinter No More" Shredder opens a portal to another dimension using a magic spell and Splinter witnesses this. This is more then enough reason to have Splinter make this deduction.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #108
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Showing how someone put Case of the Hot Kimono as one of the last episodes given there are sewer tubes, it very well could be the episode immediately before "the big" trilogy. Shredder tells Bebop and Rocksteady to find an energy source to repower the Technodrome to the surface, plus April gives a report about some scientific energy at Acme labs, which very well may be affiliated with the Fort Charles factory in the Big Rip-Off. They escape, but probably get April's report and take advantage of it pretty quickly. In a "later" episode Mister Ogg Goes to Town, while Shredder and Krang say they can find a way to repower the Technodrome with unlimited energy, they depend on Dimension Z, which was not close to the proper solution to repower the Technodrome. Case of the Hot Kimono is not the episode where the Sewer Tubes are said to be one of Donatello's latest inventions. That occured in Bye, Bye Fly would thus be the sixth-to-last Season 3 episode (Pizza by the Shred is fifth-to-last based on the Sewer Tubes as mentioned) as Krang says that finding power from another Dimension to refuel the Technodome, as in the Grybyx and wouldn't be possible, meaning that some energy on earth would have to do. The warp drive was possible, but it failed and isn't as related to the energy sources in Kimono and the Big Rip-Off.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 12-30-2011 at 03:09 PM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #109
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I was under the impression that while the European Vacation episodes that are apart of the amazing season 7 take place right after season 4's open "Plan Six From Outer Space" all episodes happened in the order as listed in the episode guide. "The Case of The Hot Kimono" would have to take place as it is listed becuase it takes place before "The Great Boldini" instead of before The Big Trilogy.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:19 AM   #110
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Showing how someone put Case of the Hot Kimono as one of the last episodes given there are sewer tubes, it very well could be the episode immediately before "the big" trilogy. Shredder tells Bebop and Rocksteady to find an energy source to repower the Technodrome to the surface, plus April gives a report about some scientific energy at Acme labs, which very well may be affiliated with the Fort Charles factory in the Big Rip-Off. They escape, but probably get April's report and take advantage of it pretty quickly. In a "later" episode Mister Ogg Goes to Town, while Shredder and Krang say they can find a way to repower the Technodrome with unlimited energy, they depend on Dimension Z, which was not close to the proper solution to repower the Technodrome. Case of the Hot Kimono is not the episode where the Sewer Tubes are said to be one of Donatello's latest inventions. That occured in Bye, Bye Fly would thus be the sixth-to-last Season 3 episode (Pizza by the Shred is fifth-to-last based on the Sewer Tubes as mentioned) as Krang says that finding power from another Dimension to refuel the Technodome, as in the Grybyx and wouldn't be possible, meaning that some energy on earth would have to do. The warp drive was possible, but it failed and isn't as related to the energy sources in Kimono and the Big Rip-Off.
You see you can't do that because Turtelli also shows up in "the big boldini" which should come before the big trilogy. Then again you can have "the big boldini" take place before the big trilogy.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #111
pferreira
Foot Elite

I wish we could continue this. A good start was made.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:25 PM   #112
Samurai
Foot Soldier

Here's an episode continuity list worth looking at:

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2016/...tles-1987.html
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:01 PM   #113
sdp
Megan Fox = April

reviving this topic to continue this project to finally have a 100% correct episode order

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=36558
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=27121
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #114
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
reviving this topic to continue this project to finally have a 100% correct episode order

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=36558
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=27121
100% ?!? Eh...

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
timeline