The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #61
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
So when’s the new episode? Episode #6 right?
No as Episodes 2a, 3a/b and 4a were only uploaded on Nick.com. I think it will be Episode 2a and b airing on Sept 17th. Just got to wait for Zap2it and A-Z to update.

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/rise-...797?aid=arlrad

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...tles/listings/

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #62
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

I'm surprised there's not a separate forum for the new series like all the other cartoons.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:46 PM   #63
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I think it's kind of agreed on by the majority that since it is a Nick show it is bound to mostly take over this section anyhow.

Any idea of what time it will be on when we get to the 17th? I'm surprised they aren't saying yet on the commercials.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:36 PM   #64
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I think it's kind of agreed on by the majority that since it is a Nick show it is bound to mostly take over this section anyhow.

Any idea of what time it will be on when we get to the 17th? I'm surprised they aren't saying yet on the commercials.
5:30pm

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/rise-...797?aid=arlrad

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:09 AM   #65
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah, thank you.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:56 PM   #66
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

As far as the sketch goes, I admit that's a pretty cool and ambitious float.

Quote:
https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...a-Turtles-Rise

Nickelodeon’s Iconic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Rise up on Brand-New Multi-Level Float Debuting at the 92nd Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade®
Spoiler:

Original massive poster sized image: https://mms.businesswire.com/media/2...jpg?download=1

Quote:
The multi-tiered float will give fans a look at the world famous fighting foursome’s underground lair and will bring the series’ New York City streets to life for more than 3.5 million spectators lining the route and more than 50 million viewers nationwide.

From their underground lair to the streets of New York City, Nickelodeon’s Heroes in a Half-Shell will take fans on a wild ride down 34th street on a one-of-a-kind float, featuring an insider’s look at the Turtles in their natural habitat, punctuated by an array of lighting and fog special effects.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:38 PM   #67
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
As far as the sketch goes, I admit that's a pretty cool and ambitious float.

I kinda want Playmates to make a toy of that.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:26 AM   #68
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

New preview for the episode introducing Lena Headey's character, the Spider Yokai Big Mama! Also features the long-awaited return of Draxum and, believe it or not, GOBS of old TMNT references! Can you say BATTLE NEXUS and little peeks at Rise versions of Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead, and HALFCOURT?!

Gotta say, this is the LAST show I expected a 2k3 reference to show up in.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #69
Powder
So tired of this place

SDP & I have been saying to one another, for months, that Halfcourt should appear. & there you have it! Amazing. Prolly just a throwaway gag given the style of the shot, but cool nonetheless.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:42 AM   #70
victory_angel
Foot Elite

The images we see when Draxum is saying he is wanting to mutate every human on the surface we see a Rino, Warthog, Aligator, Shark, Giraffe, an anteater and a bull dressed in a matadors costume.

So that gives us Rocksteady, Bebop, Leatherhead, Armaggon, Halfcourt, and I guess Groundchuck. I'm not sure if Anteaters have ever been mutated in Tmnt so that could be a new character...unless that this series version of Dirtbag.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:03 PM   #71
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Then this might be the first bebop and rocksteady that will not be mutated by me or my henchmen! But they will work for me anyway!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #72
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
The images we see when Draxum is saying he is wanting to mutate every human on the surface we see a Rino, Warthog, Aligator, Shark, Giraffe, an anteater and a bull dressed in a matadors costume.

So that gives us Rocksteady, Bebop, Leatherhead, Armaggon, Halfcourt, and I guess Groundchuck. I'm not sure if Anteaters have ever been mutated in Tmnt so that could be a new character...unless that this series version of Dirtbag.
All I know is that I REALLY do not like what this likely means over my own favorite character...even if Leatherhead isn't 100% recycled from the 80s cartoon (which was inaccurate to the original comics where he was concerned), I can't help but notice that the TMNT crew can't seem to make up their minds about this one character and whether he's good or evil...
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #73
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post
All I know is that I REALLY do not like what this likely means over my own favorite character...even if Leatherhead isn't 100% recycled from the 80s cartoon (which was inaccurate to the original comics where he was concerned), I can't help but notice that the TMNT crew can't seem to make up their minds about this one character and whether he's good or evil...
The only villains we have seen have only been following their own agenda thus far. There is a possibility that Leatherhead could always be an anti-hero where he isn't on the turtle's side, but he's not evil. As of yet, this image is just an easter egg depicting some familiar mutant faces that may show up. Draxum just says that he is wanting to turn every human on earth into a mutant because he sees humans are a scourge upon the planet. If he had said he was wanting to create a mutant army, that would be more reason to assume that Leatherhead would be evil.

Last edited by victory_angel; 11-14-2018 at 02:34 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:33 PM   #74
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
He could always be an anti-hero where he's more for himself and while he doesn't side with Draxum he isn't on the side with the Turtles and he would only side with one or the other if it suits his needs more.
I suppose that's a good counterpoint...I did notice that's more or less what's happening to him in IDW, for one, minus the working for the ultimate evil detail (at least for now)...
Old 11-16-2018, 12:47 PM   #75
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nice to here that it may be showing signs of trying to actually pick some direction in terms of actual arc. Maybe.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:05 AM   #76
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Update over my worries: finally looked into both Halfcourt and Brave Star (who a friend of mine is convinced is the bull character, as opposed to Groundchuck. Design-wise, her theory seems plausible to me). Knowing both of those characters are good guys, as well as the fact that LH is standing near them, certainly helps with keeping my worries at bay...

UPDATE #2: apparently the bull character is actually a camel, namely, Sandstorm. Thankfully, that doesn’t detract from the point of the original post, since Sandstorm was another toyline ally of the turtles.

Last edited by 80gmrp; 11-18-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:18 PM   #77
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Yet another update, this one being both upsetting for me and possibly shocking for some others: they're ALL bad guys, even Halfcourt and Sandstorm... see for yourself...

http://mikeyandpizza.tumblr.com/post...e-baron-draxum
Old 11-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #78
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Whaaat...

Where does that page get its info? Is it an official one? (Sorry, I don't tend to pay much attention to Tumblr.)

Sounds weird to make Halfcourt a baddie. Wonder if he's the guy Donnie accidentally hit when trying to catch the oozesquitoes and is now mad at the Turtles...
Old 11-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #79
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Yet another update, this one being both upsetting for me and possibly shocking for some others: they're ALL bad guys, even Halfcourt and Sandstorm... see for yourself...

http://mikeyandpizza.tumblr.com/post...e-baron-draxum
Quote:
Whaaat...

Where does that page get its info? Is it an official one? (Sorry, I don't tend to pay much attention to Tumblr.)

Sounds weird to make Halfcourt a baddie. Wonder if he's the guy Donnie accidentally hit when trying to catch the oozesquitoes and is now mad at the Turtles...
I call balderdash. That's a bull, not a camel, and why would they name an anteater mutant after a sloth monster from the 2007 movie?
Old 11-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #80
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Thank you for the responses to my concerns, first of all.

I have no idea whether that Tumblr is official, but judging from other posts I've seen from it, it's possible. Then again, the image of concern is just a still from the Bug Busters episode with names and the TMNT logo slapped on top.