The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #21
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Aside from the costume, I really don't see how TMNT III is worse than II. Batman and Robin was okay. I enjoyed it in theaters, but I didn't buy it. I guess B&R was worse.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:58 AM   #22
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

TMNT III is worse... by a significant margin. B&R may be bad but I can sit through it and still be entertained. It also has a decent soundtrack including The End Is The Beginning Is The End which was famously re-used in the Watchmen trailer to great effect.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #23
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
TMNT III is worse... by a significant margin. B&R may be bad but I can sit through it and still be entertained. It also has a decent soundtrack including The End Is The Beginning Is The End which was famously re-used in the Watchmen trailer to great effect.
Entertained by what?
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #24
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

I'd agree that I might like TMNT III more than 2, the only thing that I really like about II is the costumes are the best we have ever seen, the lip syncing to the suits is also very good with the animitronics.

Half the time in TMNT III they are hiding the mouth movement or talking off screen. TMNT III feels like it could be a issue of the comics as a kid I liked TMNT II more and thought III wasn't that good but I don't mind III and have a hard time watching parts of II. I do love the suits in II tho. The opening scene from II was cool, but I don't really like that they brought in Kino, super shredder vanilla ice, Ninja rap etc. Even Toka and Razar, the TMNT also didn't use their weapons at all in II which was nice they used them again in III.

To stay on topic I'd say Batman and Robin is worse but to general movie going public TMNT III is likely wose as it involves giant turtles who travel back in time etc etc. I'll point out I didn't mind it that much as a kid.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #25
gobo
Wacky Action

TMNT III was never as unwatchable as Batman & Robin.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

Batman and Robin is a trainwreck worth watching because of how stupid and ridiculous it is.

However TMNT III is a decent movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #27
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Batman and Robin is horrible in my opinion. When the movie begins with Batman and Robin basically saying "Go Go Gadget Ice Skates!" I just want to die. (And I love Inspector Gadget by the way.) It's one of the two movies that I actually own but will never watch again because they're that bad. (I got the Batman Anthology for the special features so I have Batman and Robin.)

The other terrible movie I own is Mortal Kombat Annihilation but at least I can watch the Scorpion vs Sub-Zero fight and Cyrax vs Sonya and Jax fight. Batman and Robin is the worst movie I own in my opinion. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III is just the worst of the four TMNT movies I think. I don't think it's horrible in any way.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #28
alliance
Hench Mutant

batman and robin sucked and sucked even more for a batman movie,

i believe however there is atleast SOME simply comparing in it to the other batman movies before and since and actually has had more hatred for it then it maybe deserves even though it sucked on its own..

turtles 3 was just f*cken horrible man, nothing good about it at all, its just embarrassing ..

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #29
Galactus
Foot Elite

Batman & Robin.

Both kind of suffer for not being the what the audience expected based the previous movies and animated series out at the time however I personaly prefer TMNT III.

It has some nice character stories for Mike and Raph and even the turtles when they become divided on whether they should stay in Japan. I don't think the humour is really that bad. Some of it works quite well.

I've never hated Batman & Robin but thought it was embrassing for all involved but it has been inexplicably rerun a lot over here recently on various channels and after catching bis here and there adding up to the whole film I now think it's just a mildly entertaining childrens film. Dare I say I quite like the idea of Alfred's niece (with an American accent) being Batgirl.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #30
JohnnyAngel77
Random Punk

I didn't like the April in the 2nd and 3rd movie. And I was not a fan of how much more fake the turtles looked in III. But, I did see it in the theater with my friends when it came out. I was 12, I believe. As cheesy as it is, seeing Casey Jones in it again and the whole "ancient Japan" thing was kinda cool.

Batman and Robin though...I think bat nipples sealed the deal on that one.
JohnnyAngel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #31
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Ugh. Don't get me started on the bat nipples
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #32
voltron80
Banned

I give TMNT 3 credit for trying to do something different. Batman and Robin pretty much took what made the franchise good and turned into garbage. The movie was campy and Mr.Freeze's one liners were annoying.
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #33
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtles2k12 View Post
Ugh. Don't get me started on the bat nipples
Damn double standards... Where were batgirl's nipples?

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:06 AM   #34
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtles2k12 View Post
I feel you buddy.At the very least Batman and Robin was in so bad it's good territory and that Joel Schumacher APOLOGIZED for it, Tmnt III was just tedious, unfunny and borderline painful to watch.
This sums it up pretty good for me.

Batman and Robin also has a cast of good actors, despite the horrid dialogue. It has a style of it's own and while it's ridiculous and full of horrible jokes it's clear they were having fun with it. Yeah it's bad, really really bad, but so is The Room and that movie is a riot to watch. TMNT 3 has no redeeming qualities. Even watching it to make fun of it gets old after about 15 minutes and that's never a good sign. The wittiest of joke commentators would have a hard time bringing the laughs. Somethings are just so bad they're bad and TMNT 3 could only be worse if it was double featured with Son Of the Mask.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #35
ryukenden
Hench Mutant

Batman and Robin looked like it was trying to go back to the lighthearted and campy tone of the 1960s Adam West show and failed miserably. Plus it was nothing more than a 2 hour toy commercial. As for Movie 3, setting the movie in a time during Japan's darkest and bloodiest history was an interesting concept but execution was so awful.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:07 AM   #36
Walkabout
Stone Warrior

I say TMNT III hands down.

The Burton films are the bees knees IMO, I was heavily into Batman and TMNT as a 7 year old in 89...I saw all the 80s and 90s Batman films in the cinemas and the first 2 TMNTs but even at age 10 I thought SOTO was turd, I think Forever and Batman and Robin are fun films that in no way are as cringemaking as TMNT II and III.

They are just like the 60s series in tone-I probably prefer B&R to Forever as it doesnt pretend to be anything its not.

Lets not fool around, there is a serious drop off between the Burton films and what followed, and none of the TMNT sequels can hold a candle to the original only the cgi gets anywhere near it.

IMO the Nolan films are the Emperors New Clothes, not that I dont like them I just think they arent all that they are hyped to be.

Oh yeah, TMNT III is horrificly bad, as schlocky as B&R is IMO its infinitely superior on all levels even compared to SOTO.

Even as a pre pubescent kid, nothing annoyed me more than a TMNT film where they didnt use their bloody weapons.
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #37
DVD
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
Damn double standards... Where were batgirl's nipples?
Not only was that a good point, but with your animated Shredders expression, it laugh out loud funny.

The question is tricky. I know that each movie has a bad rep. TMNTIII didn't make money, where the Bat did, so on a product level The Turtles loose.
Both tried to venture outside their previous forms, which was actually a good thing. The Bat tried to rekindle the fun and color of the 60s show, only they forgot something, it wasnt the 60s anymore.
The Turtle direction could have been an awesome Tarantino movie, with all that goes with his movies. However, you take the Turtles to an action adventure environment and then don't let them do their thing. It was played way down, even for the kids.
I watched TMNTIII yesterday, and sort of enjoyed it, as it never gets boring, and I guess it's an easy watch.
The Bat, well, it's too cheesy by half, and is hard to watch. Although after saying that, it does have some great set pieces, and I for one, really like the style of the piece. So, I'm going to say that both movies have their merits, but the Turtles are easier to watch.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #38
dudeabides
Foot Soldier

I never liked Batman, what a 'tude on that guy but have a certain bias towards the Turtles we all know and love, so it's a TMNTIII with an admitted * for me.
dudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #39
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Batman and Robin is worse. Why? Because that movie lacks TMNT.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #40
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Eh, I still like TMNT3 and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

And y'all might have a new appreciation for it too, once you see the manga adaptations. English translations are coming soon to a website near you!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, tmnt