The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-29-2021, 02:35 AM   #161
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Marvel has apparently gone in and altered the finale post credit scene. Possibly adding Dr. Strange (kind of)?

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...-scene-altered
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:41 AM   #162
AquaParade
Banned

Has anyone picked up the bootleg blu ray releases of these? Considering doing that. Pretty easy to find with a search.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:43 AM   #163
IMJ
Emperor

So weird. They've done this now and again on a few films. Maybe even more often than most people know.

I wonder how long it will be before people forget the theatrical "girl power" scene in Endgame where they had all of the girl heroes run at the camera? Flailing their arms around like a 7 Meter titan from Attack on Titan. It was a horrible shot - it was so forced and several of them were all smiling like it was a group of grammar school kids doing something exciting. They were even standing there for a moment and then all took off running and you could totally recognize the instant the Director shouted "action". Took you out of the movie completely.

There was also a shot in Infinity War that they changed on DVD as well. The fight on Titan had a moment in theaters where Spider-Man grabs the Gauntlet off of Thanos' hand and he sort of wiggles his fingers spastically grabbing at it; but on home video he just snatches it. It was a weird thing to change.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:39 AM   #164
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
So weird. They've done this now and again on a few films. Maybe even more often than most people know.

I wonder how long it will be before people forget the theatrical "girl power" scene in Endgame where they had all of the girl heroes run at the camera? Flailing their arms around like a 7 Meter titan from Attack on Titan. It was a horrible shot - it was so forced and several of them were all smiling like it was a group of grammar school kids doing something exciting. They were even standing there for a moment and then all took off running and you could totally recognize the instant the Director shouted "action". Took you out of the movie completely.

There was also a shot in Infinity War that they changed on DVD as well. The fight on Titan had a moment in theaters where Spider-Man grabs the Gauntlet off of Thanos' hand and he sort of wiggles his fingers spastically grabbing at it; but on home video he just snatches it. It was a weird thing to change.
my ole lady even let out a "ugh" at that moment in the theater.

I'll have to check my copy, but I feel like mine has Spider-Man doing that.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:03 PM   #165
AquaParade
Banned

That scene was goofy.

I think they were trying to recapture the "She's not alone" scene from Infinity War (which actually worked really well for me), but it was too much in this instance. Just one of many goofy-ass moments in Endgame. There are a lot of fun moments to balance it out though. That movie is like...a big mess that you just have to dive headfirst into to enjoy. There is a lot to like, if you just go with it, but there's a lot you can justifiably get hung up on.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:05 PM   #166
CyberCubed
Overlord

I only saw the Endgame movies once in theaters and don't remember much outside the few big key moments. I wonder if I should rewatch them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:17 PM   #167
AquaParade
Banned

Infinity War is paced really well and flies by. I think the initial "invasion" scene that has Iron Man and Spidey teaming up with Dr Strange is a blast. Really well executed spectacle and fun character moments.

Endgame holds together surprisingly well for all that it is tasked with. I could nitpick it all day, but there are bunch of awesome scenes, like Thanos being decapitated, the cinematography and choreography of Ronin' introduction, Captain America with the hammer. You have to go into it like a big arena concert and just enjoy all the pay-off.
That's not me trying to excuse it, it's just my way of enjoying it. And it's not mental gymnastics, because you wont catch me anywhere near at least half the Marvel movies - just dont enjoy them. But Endgame, I do like, despite the flaws.
Old 09-12-2021, 02:55 AM   #168
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The show has won two emmys.

Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program

Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes

https://deadline.com/2021/09/wandavi...os-1234831339/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 10:22 PM   #170
Dpooly84
Banned

There finally releasing a steel book for the show! But it doesn't include any disc's? What's the f'n point? Give me disc's and I'll buy every show and disney has a chance to recoup money. No disc's is just stupid.
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 11:24 PM   #171
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
There finally releasing a steel book for the show! But it doesn't include any disc's? What's the f'n point? Give me disc's and I'll buy every show and disney has a chance to recoup money. No disc's is just stupid.
So is it like an empty steelbook with a download code inside it or something?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 11:31 PM   #172
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So is it like an empty steelbook with a download code inside it or something?
From what I've read, I don't even know if there's gonna be a code. It has like promo items included. I'm honestly hoping they just jumped the gun, and there will be a physical copy available.
Old 07-23-2023, 11:33 PM   #173
Dpooly84
Banned

That's from comicbookmovie.com
Old 07-24-2023, 09:09 AM   #174
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Disney/Marvel themselves aren't releasing the steelbook its a 3rd party company called Manta Labs
Old 07-24-2023, 11:50 AM   #175
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Disney/Marvel themselves aren't releasing the steelbook its a 3rd party company called Manta Labs
I didn't catch that but why no disc's
Old 07-24-2023, 12:55 PM   #176
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
I didn't catch that but why no disc's
They're testing the market, including discs would literally cost them a penny but that's a niche market nowadays and has been for years. It can still be profitable but it's not worth the time and effort for companies to bother with.
This is clearly an attempt to find a new market so that people can buy a representation of the shows/movies they love on their shelves even if they consume them digitally. This is clearly not the right format, it's still going to sell out because of its limited collectors run. But eventually one of these ideas will click with consumers.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 09:21 AM   #177
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Wandavision is coming to Blu Ray and 4k UHD Steelbook on November 28th with discs

Old 08-21-2023, 08:37 PM   #178
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
I hope this comes back, yet at the same time, what more could they do with it?

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 10:16 PM   #179
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
I hope this comes back, yet at the same time, what more could they do with it?
Wanda finding the new Vision and getting him back to normal, I guess.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 12:37 PM   #180
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Wanda finding the new Vision and getting him back to normal, I guess.
Two maybe three episodes tops, and that’s generous. I don’t see that being a whole season

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote