The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 11:14 PM   #1421
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I think everyone should be issued a free bottle of baby powder when they join this place.

Children. Grown-ass children.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:16 PM   #1422
Leo656
The Franchise

You, sir, have earned a +1.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 06-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #1423
Vicky82
Emperor

Wow cool pics, love the transformer appearance

Old 06-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #1424
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Only if every single person in that video is blind.
Id expect the people directly next to him to react, but considering everything else that is happening, mikey will likely go ignored.

Classic misdirection, use a big motion (parade) to hide a small one (sneaking onto the surface)
Old 06-04-2015, 12:31 AM   #1425
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I suppose Mikey's height does/could at least give him a slight upper hand compared to his brothers, if he keeps a low profile. The other three forget it; if we're being 'realistic,' no way they aren't going to draw attention at their size. lol Hell, they'd probably end up in a photo in the paper... Hashi imminent.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:53 AM   #1426
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Id expect the people directly next to him to react, but considering everything else that is happening, mikey will likely go ignored.

Classic misdirection, use a big motion (parade) to hide a small one (sneaking onto the surface)
Which doesn't make up for the fact that he's literally walking next to/into the parade from the sidelines in front of a bunch of people staring at the parade and high fiving people in transformers costumes.

If he was maybe intermingling with parade viewers near the back, behind them, then, yeah, that might work.

And his size doesn't make much difference considering, as of last movie, he was almost or as tall as Will Arnett, who is 6'2".

Spoiler:

If he was smaller? Around 5'? Then yeah, I could buy it, more or less. But not these monsters.

Even actual elaborate Halloween costumes that are still clearly Halloween costumes would get looks of amazement. Nobody would buy that he's a Halloween costume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:44 AM   #1427
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Which doesn't make up for the fact that he's literally walking next to/into the parade from the sidelines in front of a bunch of people staring at the parade and high fiving people in transformers costumes.

If he was maybe intermingling with parade viewers near the back, behind them, then, yeah, that might work.

And his size doesn't make much difference considering, as of last movie, he was almost or as tall as Will Arnett, who is 6'2".

If he was smaller? Around 5'? Then yeah, I could buy it, more or less. But not these monsters.

Even actual elaborate Halloween costumes that are still clearly Halloween costumes would get looks of amazement. Nobody would buy that he's a Halloween costume.
Great, ****** transformers and ****** turtles, together at last.

I'm just so excited! And a nonsensical parade of utter nonsense.

On the upside, it's fun being ignored by the plants. I like it!

Last edited by Commenter 42; 06-04-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:55 AM   #1428
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Great, ****** transformers and ****** turtles, together at last.

I'm just so excited! And a nonsensical parade of utter nonsense.

On the upside, it's fun being ignored by the plants. I like it!
It won't last. They can't help it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:04 AM   #1429
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

o.O I'm wondering if the Turtles have already been outed. Like, maybe the cops have captured them and now the world knows about their existence, so they've got nothing to lose. Don't get me wrong, this is a really stupid idea unless you're saving it for the final movie, but it's a possibility.

Also, has anyone else noticed that we've been getting a lot of pics of just Noel without the others. Makes me wonder if we're gonna be getting a Mikey-centric Turtle movie.... Well, April-centric, co-starring Mikey, that is.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:09 AM   #1430
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

In the FW show they where known to the public, so it's not that of a big stretch.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:13 AM   #1431
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Pretty interesting interview with Brad Fuller.

He seems to be trying, despite how bad they blew it with the first film. They do seem open to "fan" requests when the voice is loud enough, and I'll grant him that there is probably a large majority of people asking for bebop, rocksteady, and Casey Jones.

I wonder what else they have been hearing from the fans in that regard. A new Shredder? Darker storyline? More fart jokes? I am not saying we will get what we ask for, but it's a curious thought.
How do you get that from the interview?

Nowhere in that video does he even suggest that he's listening to fans or trying with this one. Much of what he said in the interview is the same as what he said when he and Fuller were promoting the first one. in fact he reiterates now they they know what they're doing their approach is the same.

It's not like they're listening to fans by having Bebop & Rocksteady or Casey. They planned those characters from the beginning but couldn't afford them in the first. It's not fanservice it's just them following through on their initial plans.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #1432
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
How do you get that from the interview?

Nowhere in that video does he even suggest that he's listening to fans or trying with this one. Much of what he said in the interview is the same as what he said when he and Fuller were promoting the first one. in fact he reiterates now they they know what they're doing their approach is the same.

It's not like they're listening to fans by having Bebop & Rocksteady or Casey. They planned those characters from the beginning but couldn't afford them in the first. It's not fanservice it's just them following through on their initial plans.
lol I love the lengths in which you Go to completely disregard things, He says right in the video he says " Micheal, Drew, and I are Active at listening to what the fans are telling us, and what they want. And we are eager to deliver everything that we can that the fans are looking for." Right at 1:50

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #1433
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
o.O I'm wondering if the Turtles have already been outed. Like, maybe the cops have captured them and now the world knows about their existence, so they've got nothing to lose. Don't get me wrong, this is a really stupid idea unless you're saving it for the final movie, but it's a possibility.

Also, has anyone else noticed that we've been getting a lot of pics of just Noel without the others. Makes me wonder if we're gonna be getting a Mikey-centric Turtle movie.... Well, April-centric, co-starring Mikey, that is.
I wouldn't mind if the sequel is Mikey centric, The 1st one was kind of Raph centric, Since it was he who went out and rescue his brothers.

For the sequel, Perhaps Mikey gets into all sorts of trouble, which is why we will see him in the middle of this Parade.

Btw, Here's are videos with a good angle of Noel Fisher/Mikey, with that Transforming Bumblebee cosplayer.
https://twitter.com/shellygelli/stat...49021008396288
https://twitter.com/NRFisherNews/sta...41659858059264

New images of Noel at the TMNT 2 Parade set.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 06-04-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #1434
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
lol I love the lengths in which you Go to completely disregard things, He says right in the video he says " Micheal, Drew, and I are Active at listening to what the fans are telling us, and what they want. And we are eager to deliver everything that we can that the fans are looking for." Right at 1:50
Well I'll eat crow as I listened to the interview again and he did say that although I think I can be forgiven for not hearing it as it's said in such a throw-away manner and in the context it's certainly not as the poster I was responded to claimed that they are doing this in contrast to the first movie were the didn't do that.

If you listen to that interview you'd get the impression he believed the first movie was popular with the fans and that they were following it in kind. Like I said the characters they're including are ones they wanted anyway - acting like their inclusion is fanservice is wrong especially when it looks like they're not being done in the manner fans generally want.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:03 PM   #1435
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Well I'll eat crow as I listened to the interview again and he did say that although I think I can be forgiven for not hearing it as it's said in such a throw-away manner and in the context it's certainly not as the poster I was responded to claimed that they are doing this in contrast to the first movie were the didn't do that.

If you listen to that interview you'd get the impression he believed the first movie was popular with the fans and that they were following it in kind. Like I said the characters they're including are ones they wanted anyway - acting like their inclusion is fanservice is wrong especially when it looks like they're not being done in the manner fans generally want.
funnily enough, i got the opposite impression - when he being asked their approach this time around, he said [when remaking a film...] - the word remaking stuck with me.

he seemed eloquent enough that if he didnt mean 'remake', he wouldnt have said it, which left me to wonder...was that a slip or an admission?
Old 06-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #1436
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I heard they are filming again tonight.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #1437
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Mikey all up in there. You trust them to be ready to be out in the world and you see what happens? lol

Poor Turtles, if only humanity could avoid flipping out and accept them as adopted members of humanity/society. Then they'll just have to deal with celebrity-like issues on top of crime fighter issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Poor Leo and Donnie... maybe someday you guys will get a you-centered film. But wouldn't count on it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-04-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #1438
Vicky82
Emperor

I just realized, TMNT 2 comes out 1 year today.

361 days to go

Well that's if the movie doesn't get pushed back and also crossing my fingers it comes out in the UK on the same date too.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #1439
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's a Casting Call for today.
http://thecastingcallapp.com/tmnt.html

Quote:

RUSH CALL!!!! Seeking NON UNION Men and Women with own Halloween costumes for work on the Paramount Feature Film, HALF SHELL. Must be available for the shoot tonight, Thursday June 4th.

It will be an overnight,exterior shoot, filming in Soho, 6pm call time.

Must own a generic Halloween costume (examples: witch, pirate, angel, devil, hippie, ghost, etc).

Please email a picture of you and your costume to halfshell@gwcnyc.com with the following information:

YOUR NAME, PHONE#,

SAG-AFTRA or NON UNION,

NAME OF YOUR COSTUME, if you’ve worke don the film before,

AVAIL 6/4.

Subject line of the email should say “COSTUME RUSH CALL”.

Rate is $110/10hrs
Old 06-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #1440
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
funnily enough, i got the opposite impression - when he being asked their approach this time around, he said [when remaking a film...] - the word remaking stuck with me.

he seemed eloquent enough that if he didnt mean 'remake', he wouldnt have said it, which left me to wonder...was that a slip or an admission?
I don't grasp you're point. The movie is a remake, I know Liebesman said he didn't like that term and preferred to call it a reboot but that's just arguing semantics. Most reboots are viewed as remakes by most viewers regardless of how faithful or unfaithful they are to the source.

Having really listened to that interview in case a plant comes to correct an error again it doesn't really sound as if they acknowledged their mistakes and are correcting them. I don't expect them to openly admit they ****ed up with the first but these are mostly the same sound bytes we got in multiple interviews around premier time.

The fact that they feel that they nailed the tone of the 2014 movie seems to imply that that we can expect the same tone in the sequel.

I know many fans including the ten or so who liked the movie are putting their hopes on some kind of extra backstory to fix the origin they gave in the last movie but if his words are accurate that they've established everything and are trying to tell a "story" - that definitely implies we've got all the origin we're going to get.

The fact that they are giving us Bebop, Rocksteady and Casey Jones is hardly listening to fans as I pointed out they are characters they wanted from the beginning. If they'd picked some lesser used characters that'd be fan service characters like Casey should be a given to play a part at some point. We shouldn't give them props for basic things which is another thing about this interview I dislike. I don't know how many interviews with Form and Fuller that have alluded that they have had difficulty incorporating Casey Jones. Why? Of all the characters in TMNT's canon he seems to be one of the easiest to incorporate. It doesn't exactly instill me with confidence Casey will be executed well.

Last edited by Galactus; 06-04-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2