The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-18-2019, 08:16 PM   #61
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Thinking back on it from 2010 to now:

- TMNT 2012
- Young Justice
- Legend of Korra
- Avengers: EMH
- Wolverine and the X-men
- Samurai Jack the final season
- Star Wars Clone Wars and Rebels (more than half of Clone Wars is in 2010's)
- Futurama's revival

And uh...I think that's pretty much it unless I'm forgetting something? I like select skits from Teen Titans Go but I could never watch the full series, (I just go to youtube for the best/funniest eps), I stopped watching Rise of the TMNT about 10ish eps in, but I do intend to watch the show fully once it ends.

I'm not really a comedy person, so all these comedy shows I see people recommending from Nickelodeon, Disney, CN, or even the adult comedy stuff just flies over my head. I used to like the old comedy stuff from the 90's but I guess I just lost interest.
You more into serious action stuff than comedy stuff like Duckman or Tiny Toons/Animaniacs and Rocko?

And do you like your adult animation to be more like Spawn TAS, Castlevania, Ninja Scroll, Akira, Princess Mononoke and DC animation?
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:59 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't care for serious or dark animation much either, stuff that's action oriented but can still air on Saturday Mornings is my vibe. All the DC cartoons in the early/mid 2000's fit that bill, and TMNT 2k3, Avatar, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #63
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't care for serious or dark animation much either, stuff that's action oriented but can still air on Saturday Mornings is my vibe. All the DC cartoons in the early/mid 2000's fit that bill, and TMNT 2k3, Avatar, etc.
What do you think of adult animation like Spawn TAS, Castlevania and Ninja Scroll?
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:58 PM   #64
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Cubed, I really wanna know what you think of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

1. Its not overly serious or dark, obviously.

2. Its not overly comedic, it has a good amount of comedy sure but its not the main genre, and the season finales/premieres are actually played straight with plenty of action a lot of the time.

3. It is something that aired on Saturday mornings.

Honestly sounds like something you'd be into (other than the animation, since you mentioned you're not into flash).
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:15 PM   #65
Leo656
The Franchise

He'd never watch it because of the darker sub-section of the fanbase, and the bad name they give anyone who watches it by association.

Everything you say is true, though. I am not kidding when I say that FiM is one of the best shows "for kids" that I've ever seen, especially in recent years when "For Kids" means, "Just half-ass it, kids are stupid, they won't know." Mostly, it succeeds because despite ostensibly being "for kids", so much of it goes right over their heads and can only be appreciated by... well... people in their 30s and 40s. Much of it can only be fully appreciated by MEN in their 30s and 40s, no less. I mean, call me whatever, but most chicks I know don't go nuts over a "Clockwork Orange" reference, just for one thing. And they do tons of stuff like that. I don't get how so many people can be middle-aged and unabashed Disney fanatics, but a lot of those same people draw the line at FiM. It's strange.

It's such a smart, versatile show that's sadly never going to get its fully-deserved credit because 1. It's "supposed" to be for little girls (despite it doing a great job of being For Everyone), and 2. Fans Ruin Everything.

Also, the movie is easily at least as good as some of the mid-level Disney animated films. It's no "Lion King", but easily on par with stuff like "Oliver and Company", which I think is underrated, and objectively, probably better than stuff like "101 Dalmations".

I maintain that I did not want to like FiM. But I do, because it's a Very Good Show. But getting people who've already dismissed it to watch it is like pulling teeth because of "Those Fans", and that's a shame.

I never watched any of the Equestria Girls stuff, though. That didn't grab me at all. Felt like a cheap cash-in type deal. I tried to watch the first one they did but it felt kinda boring. Never saw the others.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #66
Icebot
Foot Elite

I think one of my favorites is that Green Eggs and Ham series that just came on Netflix.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fredwolfleothebrony, leo656thebrony