The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #61
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowChucker View Post
It is just you. Or anyone who already had their mind made up regarding it.

If you showed any of these concept art, models, action figures from this film to ANYONE and asked them to tell you what they're looking at ... EVERY single one of them will tell you ninja turtles.

Why? Because they're clearly ninja turtles. Just say you don't like the design and move on. Because they're very obviously ninja turtles. They don't look like anything else.
I have to respectfully disagree with EVERYONE unanimously recognizing them as Ninja Turtles, but I still respect your opinion.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #62
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
My g/f never watched ninja turtles growing up. Isn't particularly into it, or even comics. She acts like she's interested on occasion because she knows along with Batman it's what I grew up obsessing about.

Last night while she's bartending I sent her pics of just the small, somewhat grainy picture from the on set models.

Immediately she replied with ... "those the ninja turtles from the new movie? they look really cool." She was impressed with the look, new instantly what they were, and she's not even a fan. Or even a casual ninja turtle fan. But yes, continue with your hating agenda.
You know. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from this movie. Ok, I still think the poster looks laughable. But I digress. Alright, you've convinced me. Ill, aave my actual criticisms for the film itself.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #63
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
What's so bad about the poster? Look at the previous pic I just posted of Leo. Tell me that doesn't look bad ass ...

I don't know if the film will be good. I'll wait to judge it on it's merits when I see it. But I'm not going to sit here and complaining about the looks of the turtles while hearing people say they don't even look like turtles.

It's taking things way too far with their hate, or predetermined disdain for a movie they haven't even seen. How on earth do they not look like recognizable ninja turtles. All they have is extra gear, and clothes.

I think it takes a big man to just say hey, I'll judge this thing definitively after I see it. I don't get why you have such high expectations anyway, apart from the 1990 film. Which was awesome, and still holds up well. TMNT II, TMNT III, Next Mutation, TMNT 2007 ... they all sucked. I doubt it could be worse than any of those ninja turtle films.

You're a TMNT fan, right? That's why you're on Technodrome? Don't you WANT it to be good?
I do, but with every announcement I hear about it, I slowly start to lose some hope for it. I want it to at least be entertaining like the Transformers movies. I feel like they're trying to "Batmanize" TMNT. By that I mean taking a property that isn't batman into batman by trying to make it dark and realistic. Plus movie 2 was at least entertaining.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #64
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
TMNT can be dark. It can be gritty, or plausible reality. That's what made the first film work.
Which is why the first one is decent. It was like the original comic book (loosely) . I mean, this one looke like it might be fun and entertaining, but I'm skeptical because of the people working on it.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #65
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I think the first film is better than decent.
Ok, it's good, but it's not perfect.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #66
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

It's perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Highest grossing low budget film ever until the Blair witch trials. It's pretty perfect.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #67
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Ha ok

Quote:
Tell me that doesn't look bad ass ...
That doesn't look bad ass.
Quote:
My g/f never watched ninja turtles growing up. Isn't particularly into it, or even comics. She acts like she's interested on occasion because she knows along with Batman it's what I grew up obsessing about.

Last night while she's bartending I sent her pics of just the small, somewhat grainy picture from the on set models.

Immediately she replied with ... "those the ninja turtles from the new movie? they look really cool." She was impressed with the look, new instantly what they were, and she's not even a fan. Or even a casual ninja turtle fan. But yes, continue with your hating agenda.
It's not a hater agenda. It's hardcore fans disagreeing with the direction they are taking with the franchise. It's not the same thing we've came to love. Say you take a beer, then add 2 gallons of water. Is it still a beer? Yeah I guess so but it's gonna taste like crap and won't get you drunk. That's essentially what they are doing here. And anyone who knows anything about tmnt could tell these were the turtles especially if they have knowledge of the new movie coming out nobody say they couldn't tell, like what else would they be? We're just stating they look like crap it's a matter of opinion, mixed with a little bit of fact.
Quote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps111ecb12.jpg

Yup, clearly not a ninja turtle. Carry on with the hate oh pessimistic, whining fan boy.
Did I say that? You said their FACES look like turtles. Take a still of just the face and put it next to the actors face then next to a turtle face then come back and say something man.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #68
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I dunna guys, one of my coworkers made the observation that he could ask the question "What did Michael Bay do to the Ninja Turtles?" I'd say that point to them being somewhat recognizable as the Turtles....even if you are thinking, "Wha!?"

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #69
Raphael232
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
first one was my favorite, not going to say it was perfect because its not easy making a perfect TMNT movie, and even though it had the darkest feel to it, from all the other movies, it still lacked some of the elements, like fights with weapons. This movie looks like it will be darker than the original and its not meant to be watched by kids. I believe it has a very good chance of being the best Turtles movie we have seen.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:15 PM   #70
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael232 View Post
I believe it has a very good chance of being the best Turtles movie we have seen.
I...um...applaud you optimism...I guess...

Old 02-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #71
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Long time fans will eventually need to discover that in order to stay fresh, some experimentation must take place. What's wrong with the ancient ninja-inspired designs? It tells that Splinter really knows his traditions and these Turtles bow to them. The futuristic Shredder? It reeks of a possible Technodrome and using it to try to have technology beat good ninja fighting just like the OT and Fast Forward. Just take this project for what it is; as long as it isn't technically flawed is what matters. A so-so score will be fine with me since it does show that they care about some of what they are doing. But obviously to draw an audience by following certain trends (think what today's kids/tweens/teens enjoy, such as short attention fans and more abstract, tech-friendly arts) in order to appeal them, and technology is part of the draw. I'm sure if this is a blockbuster, there are still plenty of loyal fans like us that prefer to use classic styles once in awhile, and it would perhaps open new possibilities.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #72
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

I'm starting to think

Some of these new members must be Bay and company ...
Old 02-01-2014, 05:02 PM   #73
hitmonkey
Foot Soldier

I learned to not trust Kevin Eastman a long time ago. He's just too liberal with the property. I'm glad he can enjoy almost any incarnation of the Turtles, but it's a bit dumb of him to tell the die-hards at comic conventions that this movie is going to be amazing and that they're going to love it. It'd be like Chris Claremont swearing to everyone that they were going to love X-Men 3.
hitmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #74
Kurai
Thug

Quote:
TMNT can be dark. It can be gritty, or plausible reality. That's what made the first film work.
True, but from what I'm seeing from the on set pictures, to me it just looks like the Michael Bay version of the Fred Wolf cartoon.

Personally, I'm of the camp that's most likely not going to see this movie and will try my best to ignore it. Yes, I'm a Turtles fan, but I'm not going to go and put money in Michael Bay's pocket and see this film just because the Ninja Turtles happen to be in the movie.
Kurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #75
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Go back to wearing your tinfoil hate...
Unintentionally funny.

I'm rather "Meh..." at all the "updates" as is. Not raging but not thrilled either.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #76
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
True. But the turtles aren't horribly re-designed. It's such an over reaction by pessimistic, over nostalgic fan boys.
Don't be a fool. 19/20 people on this site are here because they never stopped being an active fan, so nostalgia is not a factor in the slightest. If the majority feel the same way, it's not really fair to call it an 'over-reaction'.

Quote:
I think it takes a big man to just say hey, I'll judge this thing definitively after I see it.
Lets say you enjoy eating chicken.

Someone has just prepared for you a chicken that was near death in age, whose life was taken by semi-truck and left to rot in the Arizona sun for 3 days. Then it was microwaved until fully cooked and served to you.

Now you know you've always loved chicken in the past, and you're open to new things as it's a versatile meat, but this just looks absolutely disgusting, and you know that the means of making it made little sense, were off-putting, and have rarely yielded positive results prior.

You gonna sit there and say "I need to taste this before I can have any reasonable suspicion that it may be horrendous"? Do you need to eat it to know that it at the very least looks bad? Ultimately, even if by some rare chance it's delicious, it's one ugly and haphazardly prepared meal that nobody would be in the wrong to complain about.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #77
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Don't be a fool. 19/20 people on this site are here because they never stopped being an active fan, so nostalgia is not a factor in the slightest. If the majority feel the same way, it's not really fair to call it an 'over-reaction'.

Lets say you enjoy eating chicken.

Someone has just prepared for you a chicken that was near death in age, whose life was taken by semi-truck and left to rot in the Arizona sun for 3 days. Then it was microwaved until fully cooked and served to you.

Now you know you've always loved chicken in the past, and you're open to new things as it's a versatile meat, but this just looks absolutely disgusting, and you know that the means of making it made little sense, were off-putting, and have rarely yielded positive results prior.

You gonna sit there and say "I need to taste this before I can have any reasonable suspicion that it may be horrendous"? Do you need to eat it to know that it at the very least looks bad? Ultimately, even if by some rare chance it's delicious, it's one ugly and haphazardly prepared meal that nobody would be in the wrong to complain about.
I like this. Sums it up pretty well.

As for me personally, there are 3, literally 3, things I like from what we've seen so far.

The Turtle Van(even though it looks a little too professional), The Turtle lair, and some aspects of the Turtles' designs.

And out of all the stuff we've seen and heard, that isn't much.

Yes I'm well aware we can't have the same old, same old over and over again.

But there's sure as hell a difference between adapting something faithfully while still making it for new audiences, and changing stuff just for the sake of changing stuff.

This movie seems to be changing stuff just for the sake of changing stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #78
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Haha bruh

Quote:
Why because I like the look of the designs? God forbid someone have their own opinion, and not be ganging up to hate on something with the pessimistic masses here.

Go back to wearing your tinfoil hate, it's a conspiracy, I work for platinum dunes productions. You've got me. How ridiculous can you be?
You're in the minority here. Don't attack me. You're the one who took it as directly towards you. It's not nostalgia, everyone's here because they love it. Besides trolls there's no reason to join a forum unless you have loved this for life really. Unless you're like a new fan and found this and said oh that seems cool or something. There's just an abundance of new recuits that seem to have some here specifically to talk good about the new movie an their designs. And a Kevin Eastman guarantee at this point can be summed up in a praphased quote from a famous movie. "You can crap and a box and write gauranteed on it; it's still crap"
Old 02-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #79
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
You're in the minority here. Don't attack me. You're the one who took it as directly towards you. It's not nostalgia, everyone's here because they love it. Besides trolls there's no reason to join a forum unless you have loved this for life really. Unless you're like a new fan and found this and said oh that seems cool or something. There's just an abundance of new recuits that seem to have some here specifically to talk good about the new movie an their designs. And a Kevin Eastman guarantee at this point can be summed up in a praphased quote from a famous movie. "You can crap and a box and write gauranteed on it; it's still crap"
Dont agree i feel as though those who like it are just not as vocal some just dont feel the need to back up there opinions but to say your the majority is a false statement
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #80
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

It's very odd

And I mean very odd that a substantial amount of people have registrared last month and mostly the end of last month just to talk up the new movie.

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep