The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?
Yes, I have gotten the COVID vaccine 52 77.61%
No, I have not gotten the COVID vaccine 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2021, 02:59 AM   #1021
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
If it follows the narative currently going on here, it isn't about kids dying. It's about the virus spreading acround schools via the kids (may of whom aren't going to exhibit symptoms) who then pass it onto the parents while they are at home. Those are the two most affected age groups currently here.
There isn't any data that that's remotely happening, anywhere. And even if it is... the parents have the option of getting vaccinated, if they so choose. And since when do we penalize childhoods for kids that bring a mild bug home?

Man, the first year of my daughter's life... I must have been getting sick two, sometimes 3 times a month. How come no shutdowns and masks for me, or any parent that's ever gone through the same? And there isn't even any vaccine for the common cold!
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:58 AM   #1022
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There isn't any data that that's remotely happening, anywhere. And even if it is... the parents have the option of getting vaccinated, if they so choose. And since when do we penalize childhoods for kids that bring a mild bug home?

Man, the first year of my daughter's life... I must have been getting sick two, sometimes 3 times a month. How come no shutdowns and masks for me, or any parent that's ever gone through the same? And there isn't even any vaccine for the common cold!
The parents are vaccinated, it's just as the vaccine isn't 100% and wanes with time (hence the boosters), then some parents are going to get ill. But yes in the UK when the schools returned in September, by the start of October the two main age groups with the biggest rise in reported cases in that month were the under 18s and the 30-45 age range. So the age of most parents with school age kids. It's reading a conclusion into the data, but it's a pretty good one imo. By that point almost everyone over 30 had both jabs.

My daughter is almost three so I know exactly what you mean re illnesses although they seem to hit the missus far more than myself.

As for cold vaccine, practically impossible, the number of variants and mutations are magntudes higher than Covid. It's the one virus we will NEVER see a vaccine before I believe.
Old 11-26-2021, 02:14 PM   #1023
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

No, it is NOT clear that the vaccine wanes with time. The antibodies, yes, but that's true of any vaccine. It's the T cell memory that retains that they have very little data on.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:09 PM   #1024
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Their house, their rules, which is perfectly fair. And I keep espousing, the vaccine isn't a magic bullet, it just makes it far less likely to get Covid, suffer the severe effects of it, and reduces the ability to pass it on. You still have to be careful and take precautions out there.

Link?
Stuff like that is hard to find because the older it is, the more Youtube either takes it down or those links are removed. Around March when they first came out they sold the vaccine as if it would make you immune from CoVid and said anyone that was vaccinated would no longer have to deal with masks.

Then around August they conceded that the vaccine no longer stops the spread or prevents you from getting the virus, hence the masks come back on.

The CDC website itself is currently updated to say the vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus or stops the spread of it. That's not what it was saying back when the vaccines first rolled out.

That's why you gotta keep track of this stuff. Either you're following this or not. If it ever comes out in mainstream media that fully vaccinated people still die from CoVid all media where they previously said you can't die of CoVid while fully vaccinated will also suddenly 'disappear'.

Quote:
No, it is NOT clear that the vaccine wanes with time. The antibodies, yes, but that's true of any vaccine. It's the T cell memory that retains that they have very little data on.
It's kinda.... super extremely clear the vaccine wanes with time, hence the boosters.

Also apparently there is a new variant coming which is incredibly suspicious, mostly because it's coming from Africa, which has been a literal CoVid cold spot, as in zero CoVid over there. And now they have a variant? A Variant of what? How do you have a variant of something they never had? The funny thing is, it was known for a good while that Africa wasn't hit by CoVid and yet nobody of importance bothered to ask why or do any investigation. If this virus was really so dangerous, they'd stop pretending this failed vaccine was the only solution and look into all venues, including why Africa is a cold spot, and why it seems the homeless aren't dropping dead left and right of CoVid.

They don't care, they honestly do not care. Just keep pushing the vaccine narrative. I mean these people just want to make money off the vaccine. Fauci gets confronted with the Israel studies proving that natural immunity is better than the vaccine and he's pretty much like 'uh... yeah well... uhhh... get the vaccine anyway'. He's a fraud. They all are. Then you get headlines asking wether or not the almighty lord Fauci will declare it safe to get together for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year or not. Well **** you, old geezer, we're doing what we're gonna do regardless what you say, you lying sack of ****.

But I knew it was coming. Give the suckers enough time to virtue signal about their boosters, announce a new variant, rinse and repeat.

Remember when the Lambda Variant was a thing? Everyone pretty much went 'lmao naw' and poof. It just vanished. No news coverage, no cases, no deaths. Maybe we can ignore this variant of a non-existent disease too.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 11-26-2021 at 07:14 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:44 AM   #1025
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Although South Africa is part of Africa, it's kind of... well, the much more well off part of the continent compared to the some of the nations further north. SA surprisingly has had relatively low levels of cases to date, so yeah news of a quite virulent new strain potentially originating from there is curious. We've had three reported cases here so far of it, and a bunch more stopped at various European airports with flights coming to the UK. I read 23 passengers on one flight going from Schiphol eventually tested positive with this strain. More research needed into it.

Codename "omicron". Did we skip Ita, Mu, Nu, Pi etc in the naming list?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Stuff like that is hard to find because the older it is, the more Youtube either takes it down or those links are removed. Around March when they first came out they sold the vaccine as if it would make you immune from CoVid and said anyone that was vaccinated would no longer have to deal with masks.
You say censorship, others say removing false information. Neither side is going to agree here, and as the old saying goes, you can't please all of the people, all of the time.

All I will say is here in the UK, there was never any information or briefings put up (even by this hack job incompetancy of a government) that the Covid jabs would make you totally immune. Probably because the research from the AZ jab trials (which we were leading on) was also available which was revealed around the time that the jab became available to non vulnerable adults.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:25 AM   #1026
mrmaczaps
Banned

Still not getting it. No need. Vaxxed folks are super spreaders & the ones continuing this garbage, not that the pedo powers that be running things would let this end but yeah. No one cared or asked vaxx status at Thanksgiving. My grandparents hosted, Memere did most all the cooking as usual. My grandfather has been having issues getting his needles for taking his insulin, thanks Biden, so he looked like death warmed over. They've had the booster, I think. But I know no one elses', who was present, status...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:12 PM   #1027
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Given that the new Omnicron variant came from a spike protein than could only have possibly have come from the vaccine, it looks like the vaccinated ones are the 'bad guys' now. Not that they'll ever admit they were wrong or at the very least swindled.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-29-2021, 05:43 PM   #1028
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Vaccines don't cause variants, as they don't produce a virus, try again.

Omicron Vari-i 8, er, Omicron developed in a part of the world with low vaccination rate and no big surprise there.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:21 AM   #1029
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Professor Francois Balloux, the director of the Genetics Institute at University College London, said that the variant’s mutations are in “an unusual constellation” that “accumulated apparently in a single burst”. He suggested that the variant might have emerged from an immunocompromised person who harboured the virus for a long period of time, “possibly in an untreated HIV/AIDS patient”.
No mention of the vaccine, although if they were immuno-compromised you'd think they'd have been one of the first to get it, at least here in the UK. But this is Botswana in Africa so... religion and fear probably mean no.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:49 AM   #1030
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Vaccines don't cause variants, as they don't produce a virus, try again.

Omicron Vari-i 8, er, Omicron developed in a part of the world with low vaccination rate and no big surprise there.
This variant has ONLY been found in vaxxed people. How is it caused by folks who are not vaxxed? We aren't sick or coming down with the variants. I don't have covid, so I cannot give anyone covid, variant or otherwise.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:02 PM   #1031
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Funny how they skipped over "Nu" and "Xi" in the numbering of variants. "Nu" because they couldn't trust people to not be stupid, "Xi" because they don't want to offend China or its President, Xi.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:57 PM   #1032
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
This variant has ONLY been found in vaxxed people. How is it caused by folks who are not vaxxed? We aren't sick or coming down with the variants. I don't have covid, so I cannot give anyone covid, variant or otherwise.

Absolute bull. South Africa has a 35% vaccination rate, I find it incredibly hard to believe that ALL the cases detected there to date are only in a third of the population. If you mean "in Europe" or "in the US" then that's probably more likely.

Quote:
Mutations are far more likely to occur in people with weakened immune systems – as they are likely to take more time to clear the virus, giving it more time to multiply and mutate – and in unvaccinated people, as their immune systems are not primed by vaccines to destroy the virus quickly before it has a chance to mutate. South Africa has a relatively low vaccination rate, with only approximately 35 percent of the population fully vaccinated, and Botswana, where it is thought to have originated, has an even lower vaccination rate – due in large measure to global vaccine inequality. If Omicron did originate in Southern Africa, then this may be part of the reason why.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:26 PM   #1033
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:

Absolute bull. South Africa has a 35% vaccination rate, I find it incredibly hard to believe that ALL the cases detected there to date are only in a third of the population. If you mean "in Europe" or "in the US" then that's probably more likely.
You can claim bull but you'd be wrong. The vaxx is whats causing the mutations because its not really a vaccination in the traditional sense... its mrna chemical cocktail thats tweaking people's dna.... and its bad for your health.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:32 PM   #1034
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Africa has low vaccination rates because Africa is a cold spot. Almost no CoVid down there. The way we're insisting a country with zero CoVid get vaccinated anyway is pointing this in the direction of 'this really isn't about the pandemic'.

Plus the Omnicron variant came from spike proteins that can only be found in the vaccine.

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 11-30-2021 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:04 AM   #1035
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Africa has low vaccination rates because Africa is a cold spot. Almost no CoVid down there. The way we're insisting a country with zero CoVid get vaccinated anyway is pointing this in the direction of 'this really isn't about the pandemic'.

Plus the Omnicron variant came from spike proteins that can only be found in the vaccine.

The vaccine does NOT produce variants of any kind. MRna is only a portion of a virus's genetic material, therefore CANNOT produce a live, viable virus! Nor can a vaccine create a mutation, as it is either a dead virus (in the case of traditional vaccines) or only a partial genetic structure, as in mRna vaccines. In NEITHER case, can a vaccine produce a virus or any variant mutation of it!

The spike proteins are part of the Corona virus itself, and are how it gets its name of "corona". The virus itself contains them, so of COURSE any vaccine will have them as well.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:13 AM   #1036
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I can't see there being any point further shouting Duckie, they have absolutely no scientific understanding and probably sleep in tin foil hats to stop the bad people stealing their dreams. The lack of knowledge on how these things really work is staggering. No wonder the 51st state of America is paranoia.

As for little Covid in Africa... well in scheme of things given the population numbers, you can say that I suppose, but I'm willing to bet given the remoteness of people and almost impossible nature to document, there's way way more cases active there than recorded... basically the same as Russia and China without the data suppression.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources...e-7d15079548bc
Old 12-01-2021, 10:19 AM   #1037
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Africa has low vaccination rates because Africa is a cold spot. Almost no CoVid down there.
More than likely there just isn't a lot of testing going on there. If no one is bothering to get tested there (and why should they? for what?) then magically there is no COVID there, as far as numbers are concerned.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #1038
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
More than likely there just isn't a lot of testing going on there. If no one is bothering to get tested there (and why should they? for what?) then magically there is no COVID there, as far as numbers are concerned.
Exactly. Just cos the numbers don't exist, doesn't mean people aren't infected.

https://www.voanews.com/a/covid-19-p...s/6191165.html
Old 12-01-2021, 01:55 PM   #1039
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
I can't see there being any point further shouting Duckie, they have absolutely no scientific understanding and probably sleep in tin foil hats to stop the bad people stealing their dreams. The lack of knowledge on how these things really work is staggering. No wonder the 51st state of America is paranoia.

As for little Covid in Africa... well in scheme of things given the population numbers, you can say that I suppose, but I'm willing to bet given the remoteness of people and almost impossible nature to document, there's way way more cases active there than recorded... basically the same as Russia and China without the data suppression.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources...e-7d15079548bc
Better a tinfoil hat that 17 fvcking useless face diapers and 47 poison shots for a cold virus thats got a 99.9%+ survivability rate. But please, go on about how you're right & keep watchin cnn.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #1040
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
True but also the 'why should they' and 'for what' falls into 'because no one is getting sick'. Africa's been a cold spot.

Tags
indigocuck