The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Argh, there's too many good things for the poll!!
Say welcome to KobraKarai! 35 33.65%
Father Daughter hug at last!! 44 42.31%
So THAT's what happened with them and Shen... 17 16.35%
Motorcycles provided by the Orange County Choppers.. 6 5.77%
Ooh, what was that stained glass from Karai blackout?? 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Episode Discussion S2 #22 "Vengeance is Mine"

I really wish I knew how to embed vimeo...

Happy Friday, turtle fans!

After the unusual body swap situation last week, we're finally getting back to some meaty goodness of the main storyline with Shredder and Karai. This will be the last episode before the short haitus that will bring us to the actual season finale. So let's have some fun with over-analyzing!

Okay, so Karai's been rotting in Shredder's prison for the past two weeks. She knows now that she's Splinter's daughter, the one she'd been brainwashed her entire life to search out and destroy. And the one who she thought cared for her was just a manipulative kidnapper and murderer. Two two weeks confined in the prison had to be a torturous time of self-reflection, probably some denial, anger, soul searching, and heartache. To know that your entire life as you know it has been a lie, part of a larger agenda of hate and obsession... how do you cope with that?

There's been some speculation that Karai's going to be mutated in this episode. It may be a one-episode thing, or a short arc for the finale. How will the fandom react? WHAT is she going to turn into? Could this be a brief stint of a female turtle on the show? Or could she be turned into a new version of Mona Lisa? Who knows...

Leo's chomping at the bit to get her out and bring her back to the lair. Maybe a lil too much... I know there's some debate about it, but considering Karai is Splinter's daughter by birth, and the boys were mutated with his DNA, it wouldn't be unreasonable to see them as quasi-biological half-siblings. Leo may get the talk with a lil dash of RONDORI if he's not careful...

So the boys are gonna go and keep Shredders mutant minions busy while Leo plays white knight. Will Splinter get involved? He seemed awfully detached last week, when he told the turtles to sit back and wait instead of going out and searching for Raphael.

Why... is he holing himself up again and being so distant? The boys still need him - they're still only kids. Leo's just barely getting into puberty with his voice change (). Is he so wrapped up in the past that he can't see the present problems? Or is he subconsciously distancing himself to go back to his old human life with Karai? There's still the chance of de-mutation with Donatello's experiments.... he could be human again. Is he hiding in his study thinking about this? A way out? Or is it simply that the writers are holding him back so that his battles make more of an explosive impression on us viewers?

And what of April and Casey? They obviously want to take part and help the turtles. April's been busting her hump in practice with Splinter, and he's grown quite fond of her... even giving her what was meant to be his daughter's metal fan. And Casey... pretty much is either ready to get in a fight, or show off to impress April.

WILL THE TURTLES RESCUE KARAI?!
WILL SPLINTER FACE SHREDDER AGAIN!?
WILL WE LEARN MORE ABOUT THE HISTORY BETWEEN SAKI AND YOSHI?!
WILL LEO EVER STOP BLUSHING AROUND KARAI?!

Stay Tuned!!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:34 AM   #2
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

I saw the new episode thanx to I-tunes....

Spoiler:
wow....just....wow...
Old 06-29-2014, 01:36 AM   #3
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

New episode thoughts in SPOILER TAG! WOW.

10/10 for me

Spoiler:
"Vengence Is Mine"

This episode guys... THIS EPISODE!

I almost thought I was watching a totally different show, it was so far above what I've come to expect from it. I think that's the biggest compliment I can give.

So many cool sequences and a really fantastic surprise at the end.

It felt a TINY bit rushed there at the end... which is a shame but it doesn't diminish it for me.

Poor Karai... nooooooo!!! Her mutation is definitely not something I saw anyone predict. A white snake mutation

10/10!

it sets a new standard for what an episode of this show can be as far as I'm concerned.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:42 AM   #4
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
New episode thoughts in SPOILER TAG! WOW.

10/10 for me

Spoiler:
"Vengence Is Mine"

This episode guys... THIS EPISODE!

I almost thought I was watching a totally different show, it was so far above what I've come to expect from it. I think that's the biggest compliment I can give.

So many cool sequences and a really fantastic surprise at the end.

It felt a TINY bit rushed there at the end... which is a shame but it doesn't diminish it for me.

Poor Karai... nooooooo!!! Her mutation is definitely not something I saw anyone predict. A white snake mutation

10/10!

it sets a new standard for what an episode of this show can be as far as I'm concerned.
it was an awesome episode~!!
Spoiler:
Splinter is completely done with Shredder's crap. I'm not sure how I feel about Karai's snake form.....but at least she can turn back to normal.....ish XD
Old 06-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I know BabyTurtles, such a great episode wow! I'm going to watch it again soon.

Here are some screencaps... SPOILERS!!!

Spoiler:

Old 06-29-2014, 01:51 AM   #6
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

another quick thing I am SOOOOOO happy this episode did wass
Spoiler:
have Shredder actually CARE about Karai....like he didn't want to mutate her...and was seriously devastated (like Splinter) when she did ........it was nice to see Oroku not betray Karai, just because he still wanted vengeance...even when he was fighting Karai he didn't seem to want to fight back.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:54 AM   #7
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Please, tell me if Mutagen Man appears or not.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:55 AM   #8
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Kraken View Post
Please, tell me if Mutagen Man appears or not.
in this episode?
Spoiler:
no he did not (no mention)
Old 06-29-2014, 01:58 AM   #9
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
another quick thing I am SOOOOOO happy this episode did wass...
Yeah
Spoiler:
he had some emotional beats in two different parts... it's clear he cares for her in his own warped way, but he also put her directly in harm's way, how he could blame anyone but himself is baffling. But he's definitely not right in the head being that he's an evil villain and all so maybe it's not so surprising
Old 06-29-2014, 02:02 AM   #10
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah
Spoiler:
he had some emotional beats in two different parts... it's clear he cares for her in his own warped way, but he also put her directly in harm's way, how he could blame anyone but himself is baffling. But he's definitely not right in the head being that he's an evil villain and all so maybe it's not so surprising
yup....
Spoiler:
He's still evil. A good father would never make their daughter bait....but he's warped like you said. It was just nice to see that he does have a heart under all that craziness.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:48 AM   #11
Vicky82
Emperor

Oh my god, what an amazing episode.

Spoiler:
Karai is a mutant now a shapeshifter serpent at least it wasn't Mona Lisa or Venus
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:53 AM   #12
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I didn't watch the ep yet...I can't wait to get home and am resisting the urge to read the spoilers. lol

I do part-time work on Sundays. If I'd watched it before I left, I would've never left. For here it's 4:00 pm when it's midnight PST. My lesson starts at 5:00 and the drive is about 20 min. Yeah...lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:59 AM   #13
pennydreadful
trash

I won't be able to watch it til tomorrow night over here (my time) - argh... can't wait!

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:04 AM   #14
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I should've asked this here....
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
So it's official that she definitely mutates, but does it affect her the way it did Mutagen Man? You know, turning on the turtles? Did Karai turn on the turtles or attack them in whatever her mutated form is? I'm not looking at the spoilers. Did she turn on Shredder? Does it look like she'll join the turtles and Splinter?
Old 06-29-2014, 03:11 AM   #15
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
I should've asked this here....
I don't want to reveal it, as it spoilers. it's best if you wait till you watch it.

But i'll put in spoilers so warning for you.

Spoiler:
The mutagen does affect her mind and she goes off on her own, so she could pose a threat to people
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:21 AM   #16
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I don't want to reveal it, as it spoilers. it's best if you wait till you watch it.

But i'll put in spoilers so warning for you.

Spoiler:
The mutagen does affect her mind and she goes off on her own, so she could pose a threat to people
*urge to ditch students rising* lol

Thanks. I don't mind that kind of spoiler since I asked. lol. I don't want to know about
Spoiler:
her actual mutation. I want to be surprised. At least I know she won't be like "Justin".

So it does affect her mind. So she'll probably be neither an ally nor an enemy for either side. I'm curious how Leo is reacting or will react, same with Splinter, but I can wait on that.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:29 AM   #17
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Oh, were Casey and April in this ep?
Old 06-29-2014, 03:30 AM   #18
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Oh, were Casey and April in this ep?
No.

April and Casey having some alone time this ep. Just a theory.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:43 AM   #19
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
No.

April and Casey having some alone time this ep. Just a theory.
Aw, I was hoping for a cheesy line or two from Casey over Karai. lol
Old 06-29-2014, 03:56 AM   #20
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Crap!

Spoiler:
So, we were right about Karai actually mutating this episode, feel so bad for her. Man, poor Leo's going to messed up from this too

Speaking of which, what happens to Leo?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, karai, kissing cousins?, leonardo, mutation, nick, shredder, snake, vengeance