The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-29-2021, 02:30 AM   #841
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think they put enough in there to make it work. We get that Ray blames Egon for the demise (perhaps even perceived sabotage) of their main enterprise, we get that he probably gets calls from whackjobs all the time and probably has a longstanding need to set the record straight.

There's also the layer that among all of the Ghostbusters... Ray and Egon were probably the best of friends. The only two science minded of the team.

Also, looks like the movie is up to 90 million domestically. Basically, it pulled the same box office this weekend as it did last weekend. Overseas, though, it's not really pulling in much of anything.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-29-2021 at 02:52 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 03:24 AM   #842
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ya it works alright.

I forgot to mention Sigourney Weaver...
Spoiler:
Her “scene” just felt like a comedy sketch. Like they just filmed that for fun. Was that really all they want her for?

A better part for her would have been if she arranged for them to meet up in Summerville or something. Anything. Annie Potts only appears briefly but she actually had a role.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:35 AM   #843
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Spoiler:
Definitely Sigourney's part was a letdown. As i ruminated earlier... it appears to only exist as some kind of afterthought to "correct" something "problematic" about GB1. I giggled in it, but it definitely wasn't anything close to what it should have been.

I was kind of hoping the fake spoilers about her pulling up with the guys and her own jumpsuit would have been true. Show her and Venkman still being lovey, wedding bands on both in the Gozer fight (and she has a very personal stake in the Gozer fight) and maybe a funny moment or two with her and the new Gatekeeper... that would have been enough.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:04 AM   #844
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I avoided everything about the movie for the last week but ya that fake spoiler would have been cool.

Spoiler:
So I’m assuming that the original 3 kept their equipment and jumpsuit since they didn’t meet everyone else before.

I know Ray mentioned that Egon took everything when he moved away but they clearly did not get there, suit up and hide until that very moment.

Which is cool. To imagine in there everyday lives they each have their proton packs in storage.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:03 AM   #845
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Spoiler:
Definitely Sigourney's part was a letdown. As i ruminated earlier... it appears to only exist as some kind of afterthought to "correct" something "problematic" about GB1. I giggled in it, but it definitely wasn't anything close to what it should have been.

I was kind of hoping the fake spoilers about her pulling up with the guys and her own jumpsuit would have been true. Show her and Venkman still being lovey, wedding bands on both in the Gozer fight (and she has a very personal stake in the Gozer fight) and maybe a funny moment or two with her and the new Gatekeeper... that would have been enough.
GB: The Videogame revealed her to be a Shandor descendant, right?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:22 AM   #846
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
GB: The Videogame revealed her to be a Shandor descendant, right?
No, it revealed Alyssa was.